Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

@Georg Zoeller: lets talk about the Warrior, and why you dont want us to fight elites

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Warrior
@Georg Zoeller: lets talk about the Warrior, and why you dont want us to fight elites
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Uzilara
12.29.2011 , 12:31 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by OutlawDR View Post
I have macros set up for pummel strike, savage kick and even retaliation, so I actually get to use them a lot ....even in PvP.
I thought macros weren't possible yet in SWTOR?????
did i miss something or is this just some random comment?

AidenPryde
12.29.2011 , 01:20 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
That's pretty much it. These abilities exist to inject some variety into pve gameplay at that level. Nothing more, nothing less.
But other tank classes like Powertech (Tank specced) are more than capable of doubling the DPS of a Juggernaut (Tank specced) because their abilities hit far harder and they have more AOE abilities.

So restricting our heavy hitting abilities like Pommel strike during Warzones is a bad blow to Juggernaut DPS.

I know our role isn't to DPS in WZs, but the fact remains that both Assassins (tank specced) and Powertechs (tank specced) both do more damage.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through Power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

JaxAirloss
12.29.2011 , 01:35 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Uzilara View Post
Possible using a Macroable Keyboard or Mouse to do the attacks automated. My Razer Anansi keybord has the options to do timed macros.
Imminent Destruction: Sith PvE, Space Slug
Now Recruiting all Mature Players. PM me for details

Endobiotic
12.30.2011 , 12:21 PM | #94
I'm a dps/vengeance jug and I'm having problems as well.

I'll usually die once or twice during boss fights, or even when fighting elites, especially if there's mobs with them. So I'll have to go in and kill the weaker mobs, die, heal myself, then come back in and finish the boss with barely any life left. It's very underwelming considering I'm a sith lord.

Yet I can do that same fight with my bounty hunter and come away fairly unscathed, feeling like the most BA bounty hunter in the galaxy. It seems a little backwards.

Questing with my bounty hunter is a breeze compared to my sith jug.....

CiDevant
01.02.2012 , 08:54 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Endobiotic View Post
I'm a dps/vengeance jug and I'm having problems as well.

I'll usually die once or twice during boss fights, or even when fighting elites, especially if there's mobs with them. So I'll have to go in and kill the weaker mobs, die, heal myself, then come back in and finish the boss with barely any life left. It's very underwelming considering I'm a sith lord.
I'm starting to have the same problem ~ lvl 31 with veng spec now. I can kill a single elite just fine but if there is any trash I have to do the fight twice now, even if I out level the encounter. Kill the trash, die, respawn, then kill the elite. I'll finish fighting the elite 1v1 ~100% health so I was thinking that Quinn just can't handle healing through burst damage maybe? I know sometimes he'll stop healing me to heal himself, but even if I keep all the aggro I'll still go down. I'd like to try swapping back to Vette but she's super under geared and annoying (I should have left the shock collar on her). I guess I'll just have to rush ahead to Jeasa.

Teladis
01.02.2012 , 08:57 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by CiDevant View Post
I'm starting to have the same problem ~ lvl 31 with veng spec now. I can kill a single elite just fine but if there is any trash I have to do the fight twice now, even if I out level the encounter. Kill the trash, die, respawn, then kill the elite. I'll finish fighting the elite 1v1 ~100% health so I was thinking that Quinn just can't handle healing through burst damage maybe? I know sometimes he'll stop healing me to heal himself, but even if I keep all the aggro I'll still go down. I'd like to try swapping back to Vette but she's super under geared and annoying (I should have left the shock collar on her). I guess I'll just have to rush ahead to Jeasa.
All this would be fixed if they gave us a strike that heals us after we kill a target. aka victory rush

Ethern
01.02.2012 , 09:28 AM | #97
I'd like to have a CC that works on non-droids enemies as well.
Level 50 SW Marauder Rage PvE - Unsuscribed - lack of: X server LFD - appearance customization - +Travel between planets has too much steps - Stupid crystals restrictions based on alignment.
I'll be back for chapter IV.

AidenPryde
01.03.2012 , 07:45 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by CiDevant View Post
They nerfed Quinn in the last build before launch. I think they nerfed all the healing companions.

They used to be able to carbon freeze a mob for three times as long as they do now. This hurts our suvivability during solo play.

Whereas other classes like Powertechs and Mercs can DPS through the damage an elite does a Juggernaut tank cannot as effectively do that.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through Power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Windrush
01.05.2012 , 10:09 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Uzilara View Post
First off their are not ingame macros currently. Second, you can not use Pommel strike in pvp. Third, you can macro with something else. I have a Nostromo Razer controller that I have all movement and hotkeys with bindings. The software for the Razer has macro capabilities , but it's more like recording the bindings and playing them. For example you got a stunn in your #1 and Pommel in your #2 .. record 1 then 2 and let go. and you got that macro. Easy enough. You place your macro on a key binding on your razer and you press 1 button and it plays back as many things as you want to record.
I just came in here to ask why Pommel strike does not work in pvp. Is it too OP for PVP?