Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] The Sith Assassin's Codex

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
[Guide] The Sith Assassin's Codex

GFWarper
02.16.2012 , 03:29 AM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_Starfire View Post
Why can't we use Electrocute?
You can, but it's just not what regular roles in raid (pve ops) demands and thus not what your mates expect you to do. Many classes have 1 minute control abilities that can be used, so 4 seconds stun is not really useful in pre-fight control. After that most mobs are on tank. If mob is awakened before its time, your stun can interrupt recontrol attempts on this mob, since Electrocute deals damage. It's generally better to keep your hands away from this ability in raids.
There's only 1 notable exception I remember - 3rd boss in Eternity Vault. Another interrupt comes handy there.

Ravenshade
02.16.2012 , 08:56 PM | #172
Hi all,

This is a very well put together guide. Great job. If it's not too much trouble could you please state specifically at what level did you spend X point in the trees for each build. Oh and could you maybe give me an attack rotation starting at say level ten and advance that rotation through the levels as changes occur.

Thnx
History is written with the blood of the defeated by those that were victorious.

Meeth
02.17.2012 , 05:17 PM | #173
i am looking to make my assassin into a main tank for end-game content. i am only lvl 31 and my problem so far is keeping aggro with multiple targets rather than staying alive, probably because of reckless DPSers in flashpoint PUGs. this led me to play around with the calculator with the intention of making a strong DPS tanking build. i came up with this:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rzrskbskfsZZf0cz.1

what do you think? the biggest differences from the standard build are the 6 points in Nerve Wracked and Electric Execution which take points out of Premonition, Torment, Shroud of Darkness, and Charge Mastery.

this breaks down to +9% DMG to targets that are spiked or electrocuted and +9% DMG from dark charge at the expense of +2% defense/stealth detection (Premonition), -1 and -3 force cost for thrash and shock (Torment), +1% endurance (Shroud of Darkness), and +6% to the resistance to internal and elemental DMG provided by Dark Charge (Charge Mastery).

gear is the only thing i am on the fence about. i'm already maxed out in biochem and can start working on lvl 50 implants and reusable stims/medpacks/adrenals. i also have guildies with artifice and synthweaving that will be able to craft 50s sometime soon hopefully. the question is whether to go all out on gear that gives willpower/crit/surge ratings or to go after traditional tanking stats or both.

has anyone tried to make a DPS/Tankin Assassin? if so what was your experience like?

Talon_Starfire
02.17.2012 , 05:38 PM | #174
Can the Armour Piercing 5/33/3 be used in PvP?
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

blaqops
02.19.2012 , 08:28 AM | #175
How does the change to Crackling Charge affect our rotation? Now that discharge has no CD? Does that Essentially drop Thrash from the rotation? Making Discharge our filler? Or do we use it only when the dot falls off?

**Previous Rotation**
ABILITY OVERVIEW

Priority List (Standard):

1. Death Field (Even single target, every CD)
2. Shock (If Unearthed Knowledge is not active, or about to expire)
3. Assassinate (Target at 30% health or less)
4. Maul (Exploit Weakness, behind target)
5. Crushing Darkness (Raze buff, preferentially on an unafflicted target)
6. Creeping Terror (On a target not currently afflicted, or about to expire)
7. Discharge (every CD)
8. Thrash
9. Saber Strike (Conserving Force)

Talon_Starfire
02.19.2012 , 11:07 AM | #176
How does the Darkness PvE Standard compare to the Darkness Hybrid when it comes to both PvE & PvP?
Thanks
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

GFWarper
02.20.2012 , 04:14 AM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_Starfire View Post
How does the Darkness PvE Standard compare to the Darkness Hybrid when it comes to both PvE & PvP?
Hybrid lacks Wither, but produces a bit better Trash spam. As a result you will have: * a bit lower self heal due to lack of procs from Wither
* significantly lower AOE treat on 4+ mobs
* incoming damage not reduced by 5%
* more damage on for 1-2 targets
* another long range (30m) pull/treat tool

In PvP Wither slows multiples of enemies, reduces their damage and produces huge overall damage increase. On the other side you can hit people from 30m even if they are behind some column/checkpoint

TyrusAE
02.20.2012 , 06:27 AM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by blaqops View Post
How does the change to Crackling Charge affect our rotation? Now that discharge has no CD? Does that Essentially drop Thrash from the rotation? Making Discharge our filler? Or do we use it only when the dot falls off?

**Previous Rotation**
ABILITY OVERVIEW

Priority List (Standard):

1. Death Field (Even single target, every CD)
2. Shock (If Unearthed Knowledge is not active, or about to expire)
3. Assassinate (Target at 30% health or less)
4. Maul (Exploit Weakness, behind target)
5. Crushing Darkness (Raze buff, preferentially on an unafflicted target)
6. Creeping Terror (On a target not currently afflicted, or about to expire)
7. Discharge (every CD)
8. Thrash
9. Saber Strike (Conserving Force)

Discharge is a dot, why would you discharge on every CD over thrash ?
0s CD is mainly great for AOE situation, on single target I would only discharge once my dot expired.

CkMobster
02.21.2012 , 02:18 PM | #179
in our jedi counter-parts thread they have the following( http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601ZhGMMzZcMfRrMkrc.1 ) spec listed as the optimal spec for ops, my question is, is the spec listed at the first page still considered optimal for raiding as madness?

Obionex
02.27.2012 , 06:54 AM | #180
i would like to know and ask how much the surge nerf effects on deception and madness spec, and if the priority of secondary stat is really changed; In particular what are the soft cap values we have to consider to switch from one stat to another.
So does anyone have some reliable math or tested enough to discuss those points please?