Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] The Sith Assassin's Codex

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
[Guide] The Sith Assassin's Codex

AstralFire
02.03.2012 , 12:32 AM | #141
I updated those notes accordingly on Lacerate and F-Lightning.

Quote: Originally Posted by WoodyDave View Post
Your "shielding in unimportant in pvp" comment on the Darkness tree makes you lose pvp credibility.

Lacerate is also useful as it tags people trying to cap stuff.
Shielding is unimportant in PvP. Critical hits (very common) prevent shielding from working. Non-weapon damage based attacks prevent shielding from working. You'll notice a survivability increase with a shield, but not nearly enough to offset the damage decrease in PvP in my opinion, except for purposes of Huttball running.
JEDI SHADOW

You've failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me.

Talon_Starfire
02.03.2012 , 05:27 AM | #142
Does the PvP Wither or Madness Tank use stealth?
Thanks
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

ydenneksirhc
02.04.2012 , 11:17 AM | #143
Astral, remember to take into account that using mass mind control as any kind of assassin in PvP is incredibly useful, you should note this, reason being, im deception, and for example, say i run into a big pit where its nearly 5v5 in a warzone, you should mention that mass mind control should be used to further prevent damage to you allies, and it does nothing to affect you. If anything, id blow it most cooldowns. On top of reducing all your team mates dmg within a certain yardage, you can also gain 2-3, if not 4, more medals doing so, increasing the amount of comms and valor etc, at the end of each match, i make 10-11 medals a match with this ability, i would recommend it to anyone fighting in a big group at times.

And btw, awesome guide, i really enjoyed taking some time to read it

Cheers!
-Daemmon : Deception Assassin - the Shadowlands

Darkycle
02.04.2012 , 04:58 PM | #144
Mad-Deception DPS why does it have surging charge if we dont use it?
May the gamer be with you

AstralFire
02.04.2012 , 04:59 PM | #145
That's an exception to the rule, and does use Surging Charge.
JEDI SHADOW

Talon_Starfire
02.04.2012 , 05:08 PM | #146
Which do you find is more effective for tanking in both PvP & PvE the PvP Wither or Hybrid Madness?
Thanks
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

AstralFire
02.04.2012 , 05:09 PM | #147
Wither. By far.
JEDI SHADOW

Talon_Starfire
02.04.2012 , 05:33 PM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by AstralFire View Post
Wither. By far.
How does Wither fare in Ilum?
Thanks
Looking for Sith guild.

Darkycle
02.04.2012 , 06:49 PM | #149
Thoughts on what stats for dec pve should be going i know it says crit but crit dr's thinking power or stating accuarcy better? And what is your thoughts on pvp dec, stats for crit power surge
May the gamer be with you

Ekemeister
02.05.2012 , 12:07 AM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_Starfire View Post
Which do you find is more effective for tanking in both PvP & PvE the PvP Wither or Hybrid Madness?
Thanks
As a noob 50 amongst champion geared players, I run a dps oriented darkness spec. Wither is an aoe soft cc with some good damage. Being able to slow 5 ppl and keep them from an objective is worth it. As far as kills damage, I usually sit in the top third of kills in pvp battles unless I am getting focused by battle-masters looking for easy kills, lol.

Even without shield rating & absorption, Darkness adds so much survivability while maintaining dps. Sadly, we don't have three other moves that hit harder than our assassinate, but I can live with that if it means I'm not cc'd into oblivion. I sometimes wonder if it should be nerfed.
Sith Assassin Helm & Hood? :Not included with purchase of SWTOR.