Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] The Sith Assassin's Codex

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
[Guide] The Sith Assassin's Codex

gkshow
01.10.2012 , 02:32 PM | #111
In terms of gearing...

The first page mentions:

"As with all Inquisitors, Willpower is your primary stat, and you use both physical and Force abilities, so you would rather take the Power statistic rather than Force Power. You do not need Alacrity as none of your abilities of note have cast-times. Critical Strike Rating is your single most important statistic, as your critical hits with Maul, Discharge and Shock do significantly more than the base +50%. While Surge Rating is also nice, you flat-out crave critical strike more than anything else until diminishing returns kicks in hard, because you have no method of ensuring critical strikes to keep Exploitive Strikes up aside from Force Potency.

Surge Rating is still valuable as well, because the built-in diminishing returns on Surge do not account for your flat bonuses to critical from your specialized skills. You can easily sport another +20% critical strike damage from gear."

Is there any math on how these skills equal each other?

For example, should I give up 10 willpower to obtain 20 critical? or should I give up only 5 WP to obtain 20 critical?

At which point can we give up WP for Critical Strike Rating is reasonable, and vice versa?

Foamposite
01.10.2012 , 05:59 PM | #112
Would be amazing if you could including a gearing section, for example Best in Slot items for the current content, where and how to get them. Also perhaps a Best in Slot pre Ops gear etc.

Mastodonic
01.11.2012 , 12:58 AM | #113
I just want to point out this guide is being ripped off over at

http://buytheoldrepublicguide.com/sw...arkness-guide/

and using it to flog their product. i found while searching for Assassin armour pics.

Edit: Actually i didnt really want to link the site but i want you to see what i mean.

Soulphantom
01.11.2012 , 07:37 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Sasquatchjla View Post
Can anyone comfirm or deny.... HK as a secret companion?
This would be amazing!

TeckGeek
01.13.2012 , 07:50 AM | #115
Great guide. I have only one question though and I apologize if it's been answered and I missed it somewhere in the 12 pages. I'm using the 2/31/8 build and am wondering about mods. Do you want force or resolve or try to balance a mixture?

Abiza
01.14.2012 , 01:42 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Mastodonic View Post
I just want to point out this guide is being ripped off over at

http://buytheoldrepublicguide.com/sw...arkness-guide/

and using it to flog their product. i found while searching for Assassin armour pics.

Edit: Actually i didnt really want to link the site but i want you to see what i mean.
Wow...good catch man.
"At the end of the day everyone has to die, you should be honored the assassin chose you to die."

>>>It's not me! It's you! A guide to SWTOR PVP<<<

theonepanda
01.16.2012 , 01:06 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by gkshow View Post
In terms of gearing...

The first page mentions:

"As with all Inquisitors, Willpower is your primary stat, and you use both physical and Force abilities, so you would rather take the Power statistic rather than Force Power. You do not need Alacrity as none of your abilities of note have cast-times. Critical Strike Rating is your single most important statistic, as your critical hits with Maul, Discharge and Shock do significantly more than the base +50%. While Surge Rating is also nice, you flat-out crave critical strike more than anything else until diminishing returns kicks in hard, because you have no method of ensuring critical strikes to keep Exploitive Strikes up aside from Force Potency.

Surge Rating is still valuable as well, because the built-in diminishing returns on Surge do not account for your flat bonuses to critical from your specialized skills. You can easily sport another +20% critical strike damage from gear."

Is there any math on how these skills equal each other?

For example, should I give up 10 willpower to obtain 20 critical? or should I give up only 5 WP to obtain 20 critical?

At which point can we give up WP for Critical Strike Rating is reasonable, and vice versa?
Nope. Lack of combat log and inaccurate/incomplete knowledge of the skill damage formulas and how much we use them per fight means we can't even begin to speculate!
Fear the panda

Eatdamuffin
01.16.2012 , 03:47 PM | #118
I'm a bit confused on how to keep stat ratios, is there a way to "reforge" in this game? I haven't seen yet, I just hit 50 today.

punman
01.17.2012 , 09:01 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Eatdamuffin View Post
I'm a bit confused on how to keep stat ratios, is there a way to "reforge" in this game? I haven't seen yet, I just hit 50 today.
You can tailor your mods and enhancements. For instance, I just grabbed a 2nd set of champ gloves only for the crit/surge mod which I pulled out and put into the robe which had power (or something like that, forgot exactly.)

Doing this is expensive, as it cost ~26k to pull the mod out, but I didn't bother pulling out the one I replaced, as I would never use it in anything else.
Darth Fex Malignis
<Villains by Necessity>

Bondar Crystal
Sith Assassin

Logictech
01.19.2012 , 04:13 PM | #120
Amazing guide btw, only 18 assassin but this helps a ton in figuring out what to do and look forward to.