Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] The Sith Assassin's Codex

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
[Guide] The Sith Assassin's Codex

Kashtane
01.07.2012 , 10:00 PM | #101
Assassin worst dd in pvp and pve

augerwtf
01.07.2012 , 10:29 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by augerwtf View Post
Why do none of these builds use Insulate? At least for someone at lower level where we're not using Discharge all the time? Seems like a good low cost boost to survivability with little downside (Lightening Charge (sp?) doesn't seem that useful to my level 12).
Nevermind that part about not using Discharge, I thought using would use up the Lightening Charge (and thus the Insulate benefit). Playing just now I see that Lightening Charge always stays up.

Stealth-Ghost
01.08.2012 , 01:12 AM | #103
So we're sure CRIT>POWER for Deception PVE ?

Power just seems so damn good

Crit > Surge > Power or is power better than Surge? Which enhancement do we use then? I'm almost thinking the Reflective Enhancement is best even though it has sheild on it. It has power and crit as well, only one I've seen with 4 stats. Unless I missed a Crit and Surge one, or if Accuracy is important in PVE, this guide makes it sound like it isn't, unlike WoW where hit rating was a must.

alkhattabi
01.08.2012 , 08:21 AM | #104
nice guide thx

but i need help with Sith Inquisitor Assassin Madness rotation

ombraa
01.08.2012 , 12:24 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Wookiebeast View Post
Your link to the skill trees does not show the full numbers as the link implies - instead of 5/33/3 we feet 2/3/3

Can you send me a link to the correct skill tree for Deception?

Thanks
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200McZhGrRkhrbtzZc.1

His link works fine to me

LegendofPhoenix
01.08.2012 , 09:06 PM | #106
Super helpful, bookmarked!
"Prepare to become one with the Force, Jedi."

augerwtf
01.08.2012 , 10:38 PM | #107
Anyone have any feedback on using Insulate I mentioned above?

Absit
01.09.2012 , 02:57 PM | #108
I used insulate for about 30 levels. I found it only added a minimal amount of actual damage reduction, and I was much better off using Dark Charge (as Madness spec) anyway.

Eitri
01.09.2012 , 04:17 PM | #109
After a few levels in Madness instead of Deception the spec and rotation is clearer so I thought I'd share my observations in case others have similar questions to mine.

I'd call the playstyle more of a, "proc priority," than a rotation. I find myself using force abilities to proc Exploitive Strikes, then melee abilities to proc Raze. This is where Force Lightning comes in, by the end of it Exploitive Strikes is almost always up.

As for Duplicity vs 2 points Dark Embrace, 3 points Electric Execution: I'm guessing for endgame where you're running with a tank the main target will always be turned towards the tank, so you'll have the opportunities to Maul. Considering you almost always have Exploitive Strikes up it's going to crit a lot so its damage probably outweights the extra 3% from Dark Embrace. Can someone who has played the spec in the guide compare these two builds? Do you find yourself out of Force to the point where you'd want to start the fight with essentially a free Death Field as well as an on-demand Force refill via Force Cloak?

lethal_ghost
01.09.2012 , 04:31 PM | #110
Im really liking my 27/12/2 set up, i have tried darkness/madness and deception builds and find this to be my fav. Its a pvp build not sure how it would do in pve

It works something like this....

charge = dark charge (lightning for burning)

dark ward when low (every cd)

basic rotation

is shock>discharge>thrash

specific rotations

electrocute when exploit weakness comes up and maul..... (you will most probably have induction as well by this time)

when harvest darkness has stacked 3 times hit reckless>forced lightning>shock (the first reckless will be used on lightning the 2nd on the will give the 50% bonus crit if energize is activated) ive had lightning tick for 1300 and only have 2 pieces of pvp gear

burn time

If its time to burn and they are close to death i put in these 2 moves before a specific rotation

lightning charge>overcharge sabre.... this will do 100% extra damage on an all ready good dps rotation

i all so use the crit trinket alot before specific rotations and defiantly before burning.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rIbckbskbZhRrMZb.1

I know this way involves watching whats buffs you are getting and can be a pain but the dps is good so i spent as many points as i could in staying alive. I did try with spending points in madness to get chain shock but it didnt give as much dps as the maul.