Spice Question.

RahlSovereign

Hey gents,

This post is strictly for RP purposes.

I have been looking everywhere for information on Spice (or any Star Wars lore drug in general) as I have created a character who is the following:

An innocent farm girl from Dantooine, who gets to explore the open galaxy, but things turn bad as she gets addicted to "said" drug.

Now, I am shooting for a Jenny from Forest Gump type character (hopefully you all know the reference)

I can't seem to find much about illegal substances and their effects in the Star Wars lore. I know spice is pretty mild, softcore drug with mind reading capabilities, but I am looking for something more serious than that. They heroine of Star Wars if you will.

What I'd like to know is what I can be addict to and what type of actions I can portray in RP to get my message across. Again, this is for roleplaying purposes only and I don't condone drug use in real life.

Any information you can provide me would be greatly appreciated and help me build my character they way I envisioned her to be.

Thanks again!

Here are some things I found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Wars_substances

Death Sticks are pretty awful...but if you wish to stick with Spice, see Carsunum on the bottom of the page. I don't think it gets much worse than that. Hopefully this helps, good luck.

Here is also a page that lists a variety of spice varients... http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Spice_variants

Death Sticks: Cilona-extract death sticks are fictional narcotic substances found in the Star Wars universe. They are relatively cheap, and are smuggled into the clubs of cities by slythmongers. The drug offers euphoria in exchange for a horrific outcome, producing a twisted version of reality enhanced by bright colors. With each dose the user's life is shortened, and the successive dosages take away larger chunks from a lifespan.[citation needed]

Usually, death sticks are taken as an additive to a drink and are commonly seen in small tubes of red or yellow liquid. Death sticks are banned on all republic worlds, but are sold freely on lawless worlds such as Tatooine and other Outer Rim worlds, often exported to civilized worlds such as Coruscant where they are peddled by drug dealers. The Bando Gora distributed a more potent and deadly form of death stick laced with a powerful neurotoxin until the cult was destroyed by Jango Fett.[citation needed]

Elan Sel'Sabagno attempted to sell Jedi knight Obi-Wan Kenobi death sticks in a nightclub on Coruscant, however he abruptly reconsidered under some Force-powered suggestion and went home to "re-think his life".

Spice: There are several different kinds of spice in the known galaxy; they are all grouped under the spice rubric not because of any chemical derivations, but rather because they "spice up" the user in some fashion, either temporarily boosting physical strength and stamina, making the user feel invincible, or heightening awareness or creating euphoria. These "spiced" up abilities do not last long and the user eventually needs another dose of the substance and quickly becomes addicted.

Carsunum was a rare and highly illegal spice variant mined on Sevarcos. Use of carsunum granted a boost of both mental and physical abilities as well as a pleasurable sense of well-being; however, once the spice hit ended, side effects could vary from jitters to death.