Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Over 57 Million Characters Created in Star Wars: The Old Republic!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Over 57 Million Characters Created in Star Wars: The Old Republic!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mowermanx
11.28.2014 , 12:26 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by eartharioch View Post
Looon, it's not a "Founder" item (Founder is a title, nothing else, btw). It wasn't a pre-order special of any sort. It is available to anybody who buys the Collector's Edition or Electronic Edition upgrade (the CE is still available through third-party sales, and the EE was available as a $10 upgrade before launch and well after launch (afaik, it's still available).

Additionally, players receive the crystal in via mail at character level 1, and it requires character level seven to use. The "cool" Cartel Market crystals require character level 10. So, for three levels, the Advanced level 7 crystal is Best In Slot. They don't drop, so CE and EE players can get Black-Yellow ones free and effortlessly, and all players can get Red, Green, Blue, and yellow ones for alts if they are willing to spend the time and expense of leveling an Artificer and RE'ing or buying off the GTN, and then mailing the crystal to the alt.

So, yeah, Quick, Cheap, and BIS = most popular.
Actually, it was a pre order offer, Amazon and Electronic Boutique offered the crystal as a pre order bonus on the standard edition of the game.

AshlaBoga
11.28.2014 , 12:33 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
With 57 million characters but only less than 7 million player ships one can deduce that 50 million of those characters have not even finished the prologue.
PvPers, Name Placeholders, Credit Farmers.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Nmyownworld
11.28.2014 , 04:45 AM | #73
Nice infographic! The Order 66 reference made me smile. The class stats are interesting. Are you sure there are fewer Smugglers than any other class, or the Smugglers are so good at staying below the official radar that they can't be found?

The number of player ships is interesting, and the how long it took the first player to reach level 50 stat, too.

Shoraan
11.28.2014 , 04:49 AM | #74
Why do so many people argue about the lightsaber crystal? I find the other numbers much more interesting.

Almost 1.8 billion PvP kills and "over 4 billion" (I assume that implies less than 5 billion) NPCs killed. That is approximately 1 PvP kill for every 2.5 NPC kills. I find that suprising, considering how many NPCs one has to kill while levelling and for dailies and even in FPs/Ops. PvP seems to be more popular than I thought.

Another interesting fact: 635 million hours and 57 million characters.
That's an average of 11 hours per character. Considering that lots of people spend hundreds of hours on their characters it's no wonder that only 7 million characters have ships.
I attribute that to the following reasons:
- A lot of characters exist only as name placeholders
- People create a character and delete it because they don't like the appearance
- People create an F2P account to try the game and decide after a short time that they don't like it and go back to where they came from (probably happens in all F2P games)

I would think that even hardcore PvPers at least try to get their personal ships in order to be able to travel around. (Running through the prologue with anything above level 30 is even faster than with 12x XP). If that's the case then we can just use the 7 million characters as a basis and that would result in about 90 hours per character.

Of course, without more numbers we are left to speculation

I like number sheets like these. Reminds of that one (also from Bioware):
ME3 Multiplayer

eartharioch
11.28.2014 , 10:33 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowermanx View Post
Actually, it was a pre order offer, Amazon and Electronic Boutique offered the crystal as a pre order bonus on the standard edition of the game.
My bad; I didn't think I counted as a pre-order, since Early Access had already started, I thought it was just part of the EE stuff I got (like the speeder).
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!
This is not my referral link

DarkSaberMaster
11.28.2014 , 12:23 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Shoraan View Post

Almost 1.8 billion PvP kills and "over 4 billion" (I assume that implies less than 5 billion) NPCs killed. That is approximately 1 PvP kill for every 2.5 NPC kills. I find that suprising, considering how many NPCs one has to kill while levelling and for dailies and even in FPs/Ops. PvP seems to be more popular than I thought.
This is the most interesting to me too. People love to say PVP isn't popular in this game and is only a niche. The numbers, provided by Bioware themselves, say otherwise.
Referral link to claim your new or returning player rewards.
Ezs'ra: Sith Mara
Harbinger

ZackyFeet
11.28.2014 , 12:28 PM | #77
Good job Bioware! Guys lets just savor this moment.
The force has brought you here for a reason. Click my referral link you must, to fulfill your destiny....and for free stuff.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Z8HvHp

Deewe
11.28.2014 , 02:03 PM | #78
Nice stats indeed.

Wonder how many billions of space bars have been hit during cut scenes thought

Then could it be possible to have something along the class distribution even better, the main skill tree repartition.

And then the one after the Skill updates.
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

Fazaani
11.29.2014 , 05:57 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
Black Yellow Fortitude Crystal is the most popular? Uhh, no. You are fixing your stats on that one. I don't see ANYONE using Black/Yellow crystal past lvl 10.
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/32...661/MuqY7S.jpg
The Firkraag legacy
Firkraag, also known as Lord Jierdan Firkraag, was a red dragon living in the Windspear Hills in Amn and masquerading as a human noble.
Around since 2008

Fazaani
11.29.2014 , 05:59 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
Wonder how many billions of space bars have been hit during cut scenes thought
And how many times it has been asked
OMG skip.. hit the space... skip skip skip
The Firkraag legacy
Firkraag, also known as Lord Jierdan Firkraag, was a red dragon living in the Windspear Hills in Amn and masquerading as a human noble.
Around since 2008