Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Petition to Change "Famously Furious" Top 96 Title

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Petition to Change "Famously Furious" Top 96 Title

Nekrall
11.25.2014 , 05:46 PM | #1
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
Happy Monday!

Since it wasn't covered on the stream here are the titles for each tier!

Tier 3 - Rating < 1300
Character Name, Just A Little Furious

Tier 2 - Rating 1300-1649
Character Name, the Furious

Tier 1 - Rating 1650+
Character Name, Fantastically Furious

Top 96
Character Name, Famously Furious

As you can tell we took out the S-# from the titles (as seen in previous seasons) and made them fit with the theme of the season. Both of these changes were based on y'alls feedback. Let us know what you think!

Happy Hunting!
When I saw this quoted, I believed it was a troll.....now, I am not too sure.

These titles are the most ridiculous, thrown together, disrespectful rewards they could have thought of for the player base. First of all, "The Furious" is already an assigned title in game acquired through PvE. The "Just a Little Furious" title is meant to be a joke to players who attained T-3. "Fantastically Furious" seems like another joke thrown in to annoy PvPers who reached the highest tier....and then there is "Famously Furious".

There is a huge competitive margin between 1650 and attaining top 3 in your class' pool. You have to play as competitively as possible for an entire season, while competing against people from other servers who you have no opportunity to fight against, and no idea how their competitive scene compares to yours. The title is not unique, very similar to 1650, and will not show an accomplishment to other players. It is quite frankly ridiculous. The title also does not consider the class component of achieving it as All-Galaxy does. All-Galaxy Sentinel, All-Galaxy Sniper; they are all unique in their own sense and are something to be proud of, something to show that you know a particular class better than most.

Not sure if Modny is trolling or not at this point, feedback was asked for, and as a player who has been attempting to achieve the top 96 reward in solo and group the entire season, and currently rated the #1 Marauder in group ranked, I consider these titles a joke. I will consider unsubbing if they remain the way they are, as they will show just how little respect Bioware has for its player base. The titles are a joke, and I would hope to think you would give players more to strive for than to be actively disrespected by the developers of a game they thoroughly enjoy.

All the titles currently show what little respect is shown to the playerbase, to the verge of satire.
Ilysia Grim
Season 3 #1 Group Ranked Marauder
Guildmaster of <Tyrant>
Prophecy of the Five

Pearlie
11.25.2014 , 05:52 PM | #2
Also initially thought it was a troll post.

Yeah, Bioware, try again.

smuldro
11.25.2014 , 05:53 PM | #3
i dont really get the complaints, (besides the fact that one of them is already a title in game from pve lul) i personally think they're way better than "s-3 rookie" etc, they were bland and boring. also i think the top 96 title is way cooler than all-galaxy i totally would wear a sweet title like famously furious

Nekrall
11.25.2014 , 05:58 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by smuldro View Post
i dont really get the complaints, (besides the fact that one of them is already a title in game from pve lul) i personally think they're way better than "s-3 rookie" etc, they were bland and boring. also i think the top 96 title is way cooler than all-galaxy i totally would wear a sweet title like famously furious
Needs to be something with the class name involved to even be considered a top 3 of each class reward. Right now, the 1650 and top 3 titles are pretty much the same. It's a joke, and I hope Bioware knows it.
Ilysia Grim
Season 3 #1 Group Ranked Marauder
Guildmaster of <Tyrant>
Prophecy of the Five

LeglessChair
11.25.2014 , 06:19 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Nekrall View Post
Needs to be something with the class name involved to even be considered a top 3 of each class reward. Right now, the 1650 and top 3 titles are pretty much the same. It's a joke, and I hope Bioware knows it.
Of course they know it's a joke. But they won't change the titles lol.
Eternal Vanguard Obidion, Powertech on Fire
Clickbait

SKYPATCH
11.25.2014 , 07:03 PM | #6

These titles are the most ridiculous, thrown together, disrespectful rewards they could have thought of for the player base. First of all, "The Furious" is already an assigned title in game acquired through PvE. The "Just a Little Furious" title is meant to be a joke to players who attained T-3. "Fantastically Furious" seems like another joke thrown in to annoy PvPers who reached the highest tier....and then there is "Famously Furious".

There is a huge competitive margin between 1650 and attaining top 3 in your class' pool. You have to play as competitively as possible for an entire season, while competing against people from other servers who you have no opportunity to fight against, and no idea how their competitive scene compares to yours. The title is not unique, very similar to 1650, and will not show an accomplishment to other players. It is quite frankly ridiculous. The title also does not consider the class component of achieving it as All-Galaxy does. All-Galaxy Sentinel, All-Galaxy Sniper; they are all unique in their own sense and are something to be proud of, something to show that you know a particular class better than most.

Not sure if Modny is trolling or not at this point, feedback was asked for, and as a player who has been attempting to achieve the top 96 reward in solo and group the entire season, and currently rated the #1 Marauder in group ranked, I consider these titles a joke. I will consider unsubbing if they remain the way they are, as they will show just how little respect Bioware has for its player base. The titles are a joke, and I would hope to think you would give players more to strive for than to be actively disrespected by the developers of a game they thoroughly enjoy.

All the titles currently show what little respect is shown to the playerbase, to the verge of satire.
/signed
I'm getting top3 title in 2 chars and I'm very disappointed with the name(very g*y) plus the fact it doesn't even have the class attachment on it either!

AshlaBoga
11.25.2014 , 07:15 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by smuldro View Post
... I already have the Tier 2 title apparently on toons that have NEVER done Ranked... That's not a good thing.

BW you guys remember the Golden Fury right? You remember the HM title? You replicated it
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

JourrnoRush
11.25.2014 , 07:39 PM | #8

Nah titles are fine, I HOPE these are the actual titles. Will make my season

They probably have metrics of a good portion of tier 1 people win trading, so rewards will once again reflect the community.

Alex don't change a thing, more decorations if possible imo
See the stars, they're shining bright. Everything's alright tonight.
^^^Free Stuff Let me know if you click!

SirMannii
11.25.2014 , 07:44 PM | #9
Yes please, top 96 title was terrible.

Please change back to All Galaxy.
<Ruthless>
FAMOUSLY FURIOUS
Idling on Carrick Station since December 14th, 2011.

SOULCASTER
11.25.2014 , 09:29 PM | #10
Tier 1 should absolutely be Fabulously Furious.

The Soulcaster Legacy
Port Nowhere | Prophecy of the Five | Star Forge