Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Republic Flagship's Officer Deck - why so inferior to Imp version?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Republic Flagship's Officer Deck - why so inferior to Imp version?

Pietrastor
11.17.2014 , 07:36 PM | #1
I love our Republic flagship, but if there's 1 thing the Imp ones I visited have over our Rep version it is defintely the Officer's Deck. Imps get a gorgeous conference hall with panoramic view on both hangars while Reps get 2 tiny rooms copied from Crew Deck and separated by a long empty corridor tunnel... Why was this designed like that? It is very clear which design is better so why didn't the Reps get something similar?

Sithlord_Dooku
11.17.2014 , 08:02 PM | #2
I love our Imperial flagship, but if there's 1 thing the Rep ones I visited have over our Imp Version, it is definitely the Officer's Deck. Reps get two warm, friendly and cozy rooms, where you can place recreation room and a bar from the start (!), and later maybe two very private rooms for the guild masters, you have so cool posibilities with these two rooms, it is simple amazing. Imps get a big cold hall with a silly layout, which is very difficult to decorate in a good way.....
Why was this designed like that? It is very clear which design is better, so why didn't get the Imps something similar?

Pietrastor
11.17.2014 , 09:40 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Sithlord_Dooku View Post
Reps get two warm, friendly and cozy rooms, where you can place recreation room and a bar from the start (!), and later maybe two very private rooms for the guild masters
Crew Deck is for the stuff you described, not an Officer Deck overlooking the ships and starfighters. It's suppoused to be higher-level command center for top ranking ship crew and Imp version looks exactly like that even without a single decoration.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sithlord_Dooku View Post
you have so cool posibilities with these two rooms, it is simple amazing. Imps get a big cold hall with a silly layout, which is very difficult to decorate in a good way.....
At least u got unique layour for the room, we got copy+paste job. Same goes for Engineering, while the inaccessible "background" area is unique, the room itself is once again the same rectangle as in the Crew Deck, Imp one has unique layout.

KevMeup
11.21.2014 , 06:01 PM | #4
As an Imp I was a bit jealous of pubs for getting 2 small rooms instead of our 1 big one. Guess the grass is always greener on the other side I think it just depends on what your decorating plans are.

2 rooms would of had a bit more use to us when we first unlocked the ship (better starter) but wouldn't help much now that we're complete.
Kevgent - <Show Me Your Crits> - The Harbinger
My companion parses over 5k dps in HM Star Fortress, does yours?
Companion Use and Optimization Guide

HeatRacer
11.23.2014 , 04:25 AM | #5
Why? Because the Republic doesn't electro-whip its designers hard enough.