Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Commendations and Refund Timers in 3.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Commendations and Refund Timers in 3.0
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
11.17.2014 , 12:25 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

As many of you know, there are changes coming to Commendations in 3.0. I talked about this a little bit previously, here, and one thing that came from that post were more questions. I thought I would make a one stop-shop post on Commendations in 3.0 and what would happen to them, so here we go!
  • All Basic, Classic, Planetary, Elite, and Ultimate Commendations that you have will become Basic Commendations. more on this below
  • The Commendation types "Classic" and "Planetary" are being removed from the game.
  • Warzone and Ranked Warzone Commendations are remaining exactly as they are now, and any Commendations you have will carry over to 3.0.
  • *Important* Any items that you have purchased prior to 3.0 that have a refund timer will become bound to you with the 3.0 update.
Quick note on all of the PvE Commendations collapsing into Basic. The conversion rate of each Commendation will vary, both above and below 1:1 most likely. We are still working out exactly what those conversion rates are but I will get you that info before 3.0. I know one of the concerns is what the Basic Commendation cap will become. The plan right now is that the cap will remain 1,000, however, when the conversions happen in 3.0 we will allow that number to go higher, temporarily.

Once we nail down those exact numbers I will let you know so you can plan accordingly. Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Darth_Wicked
11.17.2014 , 12:28 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
*Important* Any items that you have purchased prior to 3.0 that have a refund timer will become bound to you with the 3.0 update.
As it should be, to quote Inquisitor Urinth.

Reno_Tarshil
11.17.2014 , 12:30 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
As it should be.
Agreed. People trying to cheat the system should give up already.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

Heezdedjim
11.17.2014 , 12:36 PM | #4
Any news on when you plan to shift all currencies to a Legacy Wallet?

Saregon
11.17.2014 , 12:43 PM | #5
I would also like to know what armor sets are being removed from the game, assuming you are removing some because of what happened with the removal of the old level 50 stuff when ROTHC launched.
N e v e r . F o r g e t
Here is my Referral Link - http://www.swtor.com/r/R8kSmL - Click for Free Stuff!

Y-Yorle
11.17.2014 , 12:50 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Saregon View Post
I would also like to know what armor sets are being removed from the game, assuming you are removing some because of what happened with the removal of the old level 50 stuff when ROTHC launched.
^This.

I'd like to know if I should quickly farm comms to get the looks I want before I'm surprised to see certain sets gone.

I was surprised by the previous removal and never got my hands on a War Hero Vindicator or War Leader belt, which is the only belt that seems to fit with my body type 3 juggy War Hero outfit. The *ahum* crotchflap on that set's chestpiece allows for very few other belts to be properly used, especially on body type 3, and I hate that.
The Guiran Legacy
Providence | Conflict | Proselytism
Catch me @ http://www.twitch.tv/elendus
Heliste | Pyron | K'rdas | Elendus | Judia | Pretho | Nirav

Anzel
11.17.2014 , 12:56 PM | #7
QUESTION: What happens to the current armor sets that are currently for sale? Will they still be in the game? What currencies will be required?
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

oofalong
11.17.2014 , 12:56 PM | #8

*Important* Any items that you have purchased prior to 3.0 that have a refund timer will become bound to you with the 3.0 update.
Eric,

To clarify you mean they will become bound is in not refundable, not bound as in Bind on Equip items will now be bound to the character. For instance, the Mods/Enhancements you buy with planetary comms are Bind on Equip - will these automatically become bound to you in 3.0?

Thanks,
oofalong
Oofalong | Oofawrong | Incendiari | Uriyah | Litlah & More
Repoofalong | Tuamara | Liolami & More
You are correct Oofalong.

g_land
11.17.2014 , 01:04 PM | #9
I imagine he is referring to the suggested buy an ultimate comms item and return after 3.0 in hopes that it would still refund for ultimate comms. But then if conversion rates will be different...

Zoom_VI
11.17.2014 , 01:05 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Agreed. People trying to cheat the system should give up already.
Its not stopping anything, its just eliminating any pre 3.0 stockpile. There will be nothing stopping people from stocking a few weapons while leveling from 55 to 60.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.