Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Security Camera

Banthabreeder
11.12.2014 , 12:43 PM | #1
Any chance of getting the Security Camera's Hook Type: Wall Medium changed to Hook Type: Wall Small?
“Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.”

Banthabreeder
11.13.2014 , 02:20 PM | #2
/bump

vulturefett
11.13.2014 , 03:09 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Banthabreeder View Post
/bump
Was that the sound of you hitting your head on the camera?

XiamaraSimi
11.13.2014 , 03:38 PM | #4
Agreed, how are we supposed to have stealthy securitycams when instead of being able to put them over doors and in corners, they have to sit smack in the middle of an open wall?

Pietrastor
11.14.2014 , 10:02 AM | #5
Along with that they need to add Medium option hook for Droid Workbench, Selkath Console & Computer Station (Emergency) and Fountain of Blood. Whoever is responsible for selecting hooks for new decorations would never pass first semester at Interior Design or Architecture course. Intial decorations had very well selected placemenet options. All computers could be nicely aligned to walls thx to Medium hook options, wall decors had variety of available wall hook sizes etc. Then they started doing nonsense, sticking computers with clear back right in middle of rooms, making Blood Fountain (which is SMALLER than Jedi Fountain lol) fit only Large hook, security cameras on medium hooks etc etc.

The hook system is restrictive enough as it is, limiting options to put decorations on different sizes of hooks only makes the entire system's flaws more visible and hurts Bioware's effort. Think about it devs

vulturefett
11.14.2014 , 03:21 PM | #6
People can complain all they want but they won't change existing hooks and decos. Imagine the nerd rage if they did...

What happened to my Selkath Tank?!! Bioware better give me a new one or I'm gonna quit!

Nothing happened to it . They changed the hooks and it was reset. Just read the patch notes.

I don't need to read the notes I've got Dulfy!

Then read Dulfy.

I dont have time right now!

Well it's there.

I don't remember what was where! Bioware needs to make all the deco with resized hooks available for 1 credit in the Cartel bazaar!! It's unfare that I have to do all that work of decorating all over again. They better give me what I want or I'm gonna quit!!

They gave you what you wanted they resized the hooks.

There's still no starship hook on DK!!!!!

The platform is too small for a starship.

But I bought a starship and I can't put it anywhere!!

Look they added the starship hook to DK.

Now there's no center piece!! Where am I gonna put my Grand Statue of the Emperor?!?!?

Up your bu.....

Mubrak
11.15.2014 , 11:51 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by vulturefett View Post
People can complain all they want but they won't change existing hooks and decos. Imagine the nerd rage if they did...
Simple solution: add new hooks instead of replacing them. Decorations can have at least 3 different hooks, use them!

Velarax
11.15.2014 , 05:40 PM | #8
A simple solution: get rid of the hook system altogether and do it like SWG, free placement of everything.

Failing that, every item should have multiple hook size and type choices.

Pietrastor
11.15.2014 , 08:28 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Velarax View Post
A simple solution: get rid of the hook system altogether and do it like SWG, free placement of everything.
Redesigning the entire system from scratch is nowhere near simple solution lol. The least they should do is ensuring each object has as many hook options as possible to allow the players to bypass limitations of the hook system. Not gonna happen with the current trend of allowing mostly just 1 type of hook for each object (most of the time wrong one as well...)

Banthabreeder
11.19.2014 , 06:13 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Banthabreeder View Post
Any chance of getting the Security Camera's Hook Type: Wall Medium changed to Hook Type: Wall Small?
Ok, I'll amend my original question to:

Any chance you can add to the Security Camera's hooks a Hook Type: Wall Small? That way if it's already placed in your stronghold on a Wall Medium hook, it won't bug out or have some unforeseen action. People can then remove them on their own and place them in a more appropriate place that has a Wall Small hook or if they so choose, keep them on the Medium hook..