[Bug] NPCs placed in strongholds are invisible.

Sindariel

When I visited my stronghold (Nar Shaddaa) today, I noticed that all interactable NPCs were invisible (droids, companions, jawas, Felusia Stato, Barkeeper, etc.).

Tthey still show up as placed when I click on the hooks, but the models are invisible until I pick them up and place them again

However, after relogging, they're all invisible again...

Non-interactable NPCs like Twi'lek dancers are not affected.

Edited by Sindariel

I had placed Kira in a spot and when I summoner her while being in the stronghold, she would appear, but before the patch a Holo image would replace her old position. Now there will be no more holo images. However after I dismiss her, she would not reappear back in the designated position. until I go into edit mode to see that she is actually there but invisible. I would then need to do a "pick up/ place" action again to make her reappear.

As of the patch yesterday, 2.10.3

The vendors i have placed in my stronghold are missing.

If you go into Edit mode and click where you placed them, you have the option to pick them up, then if you replace them, they are usable until you leave and return to the stronghold, then they are missing again.

this is also in nar shadda

Edited by cimmadif

Are you seeing the issue anywhere else besides Nar Shaddaa?

I made rounds through my DK and Tat strongholds just to double-check. Waitress, dancer, various animal mounts, guards, vendors, companions were all in place and showing so it appears this is a NS only problem.

Edited by Oneirophrenia

I have seen this, but only in my Nar Shaddaa stronghold.

Workaround: Hit "edit mode", right click the hook where the vendor is supposed to be, then pick up the vendor and place it again. But this only works until you leave the stronghold, whether you just "Return to <planet>", "Exit to" fleet or starship, or log out and back in, with the same or a different character.

Thanks for the reports! We'll take a look at this.

Are you seeing the issue anywhere else besides Nar Shaddaa?

The only place that I am seeing this is the personal SH on Nar Shaddaa. The Merchant Droids and Deco Merchant are staying placed in Tatooine, Kaas City Apartments and Coruscant.

Can confirm all Nar Shadaa companions, whether the logged toon or those of alts, have disappeared from view. Only the logged toon can pickup/place their own companions, which promptly disappear on logout. I confirmed this on two different servers and legacies of both factions.

While I would dearly love to have the full-"fleshed" appearance of both my logged toon's companions and those of my alts, I really prefer seeing them, even in the *ugh* dreaded holoform, to not at all :D

Please fix this ... thanks BW!

This issue is happening in ALL strongholds.

All interact able NPCs are invisible, Fabrication Droids, Falusia Stato, Jawas, Bartenders, and Companions.

If you relog or switch zones and instances this problem reappears. :mad:

Yes, it's the lack of the interactable ones that's the real inconvenience. The companions etc. are little more than decorations or RP aids but I use my NS stronghold as my main centre for for all my legacy so having to edit Felusia and the droids or go to one of the other strongholds if I want to buy decorations (or even just sell off junk) is a bit of a pain. Hopefully this won't prove to be too much of a problem to fix.

Hey folks,

We've isolated the problem with the vanishing NPCs. It's a server-side problem, and we are going to look to address it towards the end of next week.

-Tait

A week for a minor bug fix? LOL that's epic. Must have 1 guy working on it for about 10 minutes a day.... shows how much Bioware really gives a crap about bugs :rolleyes: