Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This is the state of crafting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
This is the state of crafting.

Heimskringla
12.24.2011 , 05:32 AM | #11
I feel the pain... I've spent hours RE'ing synthweaving schematics to get to purple+ quality, and quest rewards or commendation gear/mods are almost always better than anything I can make, especially for light armour wearers.

I've only managed to give away one or two sets of armour. I end up having to RE the rest of it for components or vendor it if I'm short on credits. Crafting is absolutely not worth the time/credit investment right now.
- I spent $149.95 on a video game with no release date, and all I got was the key to the executive washroom.

Repefe
12.24.2011 , 05:48 AM | #12
We craft each other stuff in guild. It's especially useful to get gear for companions, but thera are many ways to obtain good gear and crafting is not the easiest one.
Killer: 53%, Socializer: 53%, Achiever: 47%, Explorer: 47%

Darzil
12.24.2011 , 05:55 AM | #13
What's the size of the level 50 market for your server?

I was checking our server yesterday morning (not primetime), and of 898 characters online, 3 were in the level range 41-50, and only one of those was level 50.

RamzaBehoulve
12.24.2011 , 06:05 AM | #14
I currently have a 200% investment return on my purple crafted items and about 150% on blue.

You do NOT make money just by crafting something randomly and running to the GTN to sell it or spamming the trade channel. You must check availability and determine the correct price range. It takes hours just to setup up one item correctly for profit, especially your first good one.

Mungo
12.24.2011 , 06:46 AM | #15
I manage to sell a lot of my crafted items on the GTN. Made all my money from doing that.

I admit I rip people off when it comes to Red Crystals as I know they need them if they want to stay competative and dark side while keeping their cool orange weapons. I basicaly double the price of them when compaired to the other colours.

I have even been selling green drops on the GTN as well. *shrugs* maybe its down to what server your on.

As an example I made a mistake at level 10 and spent all my credits leaving me 500 in the bank. I ran a few missions from the NPC's and 2 pvp matches latter I had enough to buy my new level skills. I then went and farmed rubat crystals and crafted all my own mods for the weapon and armour.

I then started to put the spare items up for sale and now at level 20 I am sat nicely on a sum of 30k credits all from crafting and runing missions (quests if you like) And I still haven't left Coruscant yet.
Quote:
"A man must always have the final choice in life and in death.
Anything else can be taken from him, but never that. "
Ghenghis Khan

evileeyore
12.24.2011 , 06:54 AM | #16
This game is not made for crafters. Crafting is not supported in the game system, it's pretty much only there if you really want to do it solely for the desire to do crafting.

And that's strike two for me.

Once I've played the Class Stories through, I'll probably sell my account and CE box to someone else.

Mikkelzen
12.24.2011 , 09:05 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Lynkfox View Post
really? You do realize that crafting will provide a) the mods you need to keep looking cool in your orange armor at 50 (Cybertech) b) the stims you need to raid (bio) c) the best raid dropped schematic gear (synthweave, armortech, armstech)d) Gear to get ready /for/ raiding in between drops from heroics (same as above) e) The color crystals you want to make that lightsaber bada** (Artifice)

Crafting is not important while leveling when you are replacing your gear every couple of missions. This is the way it is in ALL reward based mmo's. Unless you powerlevel your crafting stats in the early levels so your crafting gear is higher than the mission gear you get, you wont need it while leveling. and 95% of the game is still leveling right now.

Crafting is just as important as any mmo - you just arent max level when it /becomes/ important.
This dude gets it. Get some patience, guys ;-) I'm almost 100% sure that crafting is going to play a big part in this game. For example I absolutely love Biochem with my re-usable medpacks and re-usable epix stims <3

Fight
12.24.2011 , 09:17 AM | #18
The game is less than a week old, let things mature, let recipes be discovered and let people settle. Crafting will have its place, that place is not clear right now. Calm down

Grometsc
12.24.2011 , 09:18 AM | #19
I have made post about this as well...modifications should not be allowed through vendor options, especially for so few commendations! Its easy to remove those, that would easily help the crafters right there or convert to green versions, and let players only be able to craft blue/epic. This way the players set the economy, not vendors!

SodaOfYoda
12.24.2011 , 09:21 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Heimskringla View Post
I feel the pain... I've spent hours RE'ing synthweaving schematics to get to purple+ quality, and quest rewards or commendation gear/mods are almost always better than anything I can make, especially for light armour wearers.

I've only managed to give away one or two sets of armour. I end up having to RE the rest of it for components or vendor it if I'm short on credits. Crafting is absolutely not worth the time/credit investment right now.
Good to know. I recently switched from Artifice emphasis to Synthweaving to try and push out some better gear overall for myself and companions, as I was beginning to have some trouble in later areas (Act 2 specifically).

I've been living off of mission rewards this entire time, and if the work to get the crafting up isn't superior to the rewards, then I'm scrapping it now before I waste anymore time.