Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

This is the state of crafting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
This is the state of crafting.

KetMalice's Avatar


KetMalice
12.23.2011 , 11:38 PM | #1

Lynkfox's Avatar


Lynkfox
12.23.2011 , 11:57 PM | #2
and the game is not even a week (ish - yeah yeah, earl access) old, and the guy is being nice giving away his mods to those in need?

I fail to understand how this is a bad thing.

He probably has slicing as one of his crew skills, doesnt currently need the money, bought the mats for skill ups, made a bunch to RE and then got the re upgrade early, and gave away the rest.

Yesh people. Patience. There hasnt even been any time yet for the economy to actually really develop!

KetMalice's Avatar


KetMalice
12.24.2011 , 12:07 AM | #3
No that was me and my stuff. I spammed for 15 minutes giving away stuff that hasn't sold in the last few days. I literally couldn't give away that stuff. I had about 20 barrels total and was able to give one away by messaging a guy in my ship instance. I had 3 people say no thank you and 4 people not respond at all.

I ended up vendoring 3 epic barrels, 2 level 45 epic blasters, and a ton of random barrels.

pryt's Avatar


pryt
12.24.2011 , 12:50 AM | #4
You spammed at 11:35pm, that's hardly prime time, try again at around 5 or 6 pm. But not today of course, may be an even lesser audience.
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ...
... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ...

Evermint's Avatar


Evermint
12.24.2011 , 12:56 AM | #5
I feel strongly that this screenshot is missing a "/played" command.

RpTheHotrod's Avatar


RpTheHotrod
12.24.2011 , 01:17 AM | #6
Sadly crafting just isn't needed in this game. Everyone has easier to access gear on demand via commendation vendors. Bio sadly didn't think this through or didn't care enough to make it work right.

Lynkfox's Avatar


Lynkfox
12.24.2011 , 01:24 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by RpTheHotrod View Post
Sadly crafting just isn't needed in this game. Everyone has easier to access gear on demand via commendation vendors. Bio sadly didn't think this through or didn't care enough to make it work right.


really? You do realize that crafting will provide a) the mods you need to keep looking cool in your orange armor at 50 (Cybertech) b) the stims you need to raid (bio) c) the best raid dropped schematic gear (synthweave, armortech, armstech)d) Gear to get ready /for/ raiding in between drops from heroics (same as above) e) The color crystals you want to make that lightsaber bada** (Artifice)

...

Crafting is not important while leveling when you are replacing your gear every couple of missions. This is the way it is in ALL reward based mmo's. Unless you powerlevel your crafting stats in the early levels so your crafting gear is higher than the mission gear you get, you wont need it while leveling. and 95% of the game is still leveling right now.

Crafting is just as important as any mmo - you just arent max level when it /becomes/ important.

KetMalice's Avatar


KetMalice
12.24.2011 , 01:47 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by pryt View Post
You spammed at 11:35pm, that's hardly prime time, try again at around 5 or 6 pm. But not today of course, may be an even lesser audience.
How does that change the fact that were 30 people in the level range online in that instance when I was spamming?

KetMalice's Avatar


KetMalice
12.24.2011 , 01:49 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Lynkfox View Post
really? You do realize that crafting will provide a) the mods you need to keep looking cool in your orange armor at 50 (Cybertech) b) the stims you need to raid (bio) c) the best raid dropped schematic gear (synthweave, armortech, armstech)d) Gear to get ready /for/ raiding in between drops from heroics (same as above) e) The color crystals you want to make that lightsaber bada** (Artifice)

...

Crafting is not important while leveling when you are replacing your gear every couple of missions. This is the way it is in ALL reward based mmo's. Unless you powerlevel your crafting stats in the early levels so your crafting gear is higher than the mission gear you get, you wont need it while leveling. and 95% of the game is still leveling right now.

Crafting is just as important as any mmo - you just arent max level when it /becomes/ important.
Do you understand how hard it is to get those purple recipes for cybertech? Or Joe Blow can do 1 days worth of daily quests on Ilum in an hour and purchase that purple mod?

I will say that yes Raid dropped stuff will be ON PAR with the higher level PvP gear which takes a bit longer to get. But when someone can PvP for a couple of hours and buy a weapon that is better than my Artifact quality weapon I spent a day REing to get...just kind of meh.

Zullsoke's Avatar


Zullsoke
12.24.2011 , 04:08 AM | #10
^
Agree completely.
I rushed to 400/400 armstech so I could start working on barrel mods since I already knew PvP supplied weapons far too easily for anyone to care for my weapons.
Finally RE'd enough barrels to get my first purple mod, excitedly tell the member who could use it to find out in a fraction of the time he had acquired a mod superior to mine.

If this is the role crafters will have in SWTOR then I am terribly dissappointed.