Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Been gone since bombers were reintroduced, what i miss

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Been gone since bombers were reintroduced, what i miss

ALaggyGrunt
11.15.2014 , 01:00 PM | #21
Voice chat, voice chat, voice chat. Why not make a shiny RTS-type interface so someone can point important things out graphically?

Altheran
11.15.2014 , 05:54 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by ALaggyGrunt View Post
Voice chat, voice chat, voice chat. Why not make a shiny RTS-type interface so someone can point important things out graphically?
Consider how controls currently are. You're supposed to have one hand on your mouse, and one hand over WASD and 1-4. All the time.
Both hands are locked down.

So if there's a way to make an in-game command prompt or something like that, which doesn't imply to give up elementary controls to use it, or alternatively which doesn't imply the need for some specific hardware, then I'd be happy to learn more about it.
But frankly, as the game is now, I doubt that any in-game help is possible without having unreasonable downsides.

ALaggyGrunt
11.16.2014 , 12:28 AM | #23
I was talking about a totally new interface. I wasn't thinking of a squadron chatter system so much as a commander-watches-and-influences-battle system-which would put the team down a man, but could mean much better coordination without voice chat.

Since we are supposed to be running a family friendly game and the devs likely don't want people screaming profanity at random people (combined with such nice things as 'f2p scrub' and the like-or trying to shout at the other team like some people do in general chat), that just seemed like the most obvious answer.

Crazy-Wolf
11.16.2014 , 04:26 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ALaggyGrunt View Post
Mechwarrior:Online has something like that, if I understand you correctly. One Player can choose to be the Teamleader enabling him to place different marks on the map like "Flanking right", "Hold Position", "Move to..." and so on.

In pug games it wouldn't work 90% of the time. Either the selfelected "Commander" was a tactical moron or some of the players would ignore every command and try to solo an entire lance of enemy mechs.

The only occasion where I saw it working properly was, when I was in a 12-man premade. But even there it was only a graphical addition and most of the commands were given over teamspeak.