Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Some things you may not have seen before...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Some things you may not have seen before...

PianoMatt
11.07.2014 , 05:02 PM | #1
So, I have been quite underwhelmed with the limited wall decorations we have access to for our strongholds (which has somewhat improved, but has a long way to go) and I decided to make my own...

If someone else has dibs on this idea first, kudos to them....but I have not seen anyone doing this yet...so Kudos to me and you're welcome for the inspiration if you decide to play around with this yourselves.

By messing around with layouts and overlapping trophies, there is the potential to create some pretty eye catching wall art for your strongholds. I've hardly tapped into all of the options, but here are a few shots of what I have up at the moment. (Trophies are not the only decorations you should limit yourself to when playing around with this idea)

Ladies and Gentleman, my Gaytastical Stronghold in it's early stages:

http://imgur.com/a/83EnD

Enjoy!
Gaytastic
<Ascendant>
60 Sorcerer on The Shadowlands

The FAMOUS Legacy

Velarax
11.07.2014 , 05:32 PM | #2
Brilliant! Stealing it!

XiamaraSimi
11.07.2014 , 08:24 PM | #3
Very nice! If they ever decide to raise the hook limit I might borrow some of these ^_^

Sidenote, get the Ventilated Triumverate set and unlock it in your collections, that way if your going to have your companions stand around in their undies, they can be shiney undies!

HeatRacer
11.08.2014 , 02:03 PM | #4
At a distance, I love it; it's like stained-glass windows. But personally, I would always be tilting my head trying to right the images, lol.

Muljo_Stpho
11.08.2014 , 08:14 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by HeatRacer View Post
At a distance, I love it; it's like stained-glass windows. But personally, I would always be tilting my head trying to right the images, lol.
That's pretty much what I was thinking. From a distance you've got this nice abstract blur of colors in various stained glass type frameworks, but up close you would see the figures in the portraits and it would stick out as looking "wrong" because of the angles. Still, moving things around to mash them up like this would be a huge step up from the hastily thrown together art gallery that can be made when filling hooks just for the conquest bonus.

Exiled-Phoenix
11.09.2014 , 09:53 AM | #6
I didn't read the post and just clicked on the link, i couldn't really make out what i was looking at at first, but it was awesome, then i realized what it was, and it was even more awesome!

ItachiZaku
11.10.2014 , 07:10 AM | #7
Ha, i love it. Sort of like those people making pianos and such in Ultima Online. Good job.
"Be careful Preston. You're treading on my dreams. "

Luniara
11.10.2014 , 08:41 AM | #8
Absolutely creative and stunning!
Luniara Solborne | Sith Marauder
Penumbral, Guild Leader - Ebon Hawk Server
Website | Join Us
DeviantART | Character Wiki

CassandraP
11.11.2014 , 09:31 AM | #9
I love it and I want to know how to do it if you can share your wisdom.
Player [Female Trooper] : "Any Last Words?"
Aric Jorgan: "Can that garbage. And...I love you."

#We♥U2Aric

thewatcheruatu
11.11.2014 , 11:03 AM | #10
These are awesome. I love how they look like stained glass in locations like this. I also love the one in which you embedded the underworld lights into the middle of the artwork. Very groovy.
Project Broken Compass | Hapan Delegation