Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Joystick Control for GSF

FBPL
11.08.2014 , 01:05 PM | #11
Until they make it compatible with a tracker ball then I'm refusing to play.

Spoiler
Don't talk to me about heroes...

Janka - Gunslinger - Red Eclipse

Verain
11.08.2014 , 05:15 PM | #12
Well, their point does have merit- joysticks are a vastly superior control option. The future will have MORE joystick games, not less, and joystick support is slowly working its way from a ghetto to a standard.

The problem is, supporting a range of control schemes has obvious issues above and beyond the technical challenge.
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

GlassmanA
11.10.2014 , 08:29 AM | #13
I guess I really opened up a can of worms with this thread. Anyway my vain hope was that joy sticks would be supported. I mean even sony managed to support them in Star Wars NGE (yeah I played it, and I'm willing to admit it...). But in all honesty if it's a flight game, not having joystick support just isn't fun for me.

Verain
11.10.2014 , 05:56 PM | #14
Yea, that's reasonable. I am sad they don't have them. I think the game works without joystick support, however.

There's no question that Bioware lost players without joystick support- of my circle of RL friends, two of them laughed when I said it didn't have a joystick. Neither has given it a chance. It was make or break for them, and they aren't the only ones.

The flipside is, we're rare. It's not common to find joystick wielding players compared to the broader numbers that these games need to appeal to. If joysticks were in the game, how many players would be here crying about that fact, etc? I think it's not an obvious victory for a real cost.
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

SammyGStatus
11.10.2014 , 07:14 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by FBPL View Post
Seriously, joysticks? Where are you people living... 1985?[/SPOILER]
Joysticks are the main instrument I use in Star Citizen AND Elite: Dangerous (one being released in '14). I'd say we've come a long way since the original Elite in 1984
Renegade-One / Leggogurl / Aimbot / Even'ess / Status