Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GSF nights on The Progenitor?

Yojiro
11.07.2014 , 06:06 AM | #1
Hey all!

I am returning to the game after a... considerable hiatus, (still need to get my slinger past 50 - geez) and I would like to know if there are any specific GSF nights on the server, and if there are any GSF guilds on pub side.

Thanks in advance!
The Progenitor:
Tholric, Republic Privateer / Endymíon, SIS deepcover agent

Asbetos
11.07.2014 , 09:00 AM | #2
Hello and welcome back! There are no specific events that I'm aware of, but the pops are consistently pretty fast.
The Progenitor
Darth Xinthos Skykiller <Retaliation>
Captain Zyka Skykiller <Sons of Anarchy>

Yojiro
11.07.2014 , 09:46 AM | #3
Any specific time? I usually get on around 10-11 pm every other day (got a 10 months old boy who gladly takes away most of my time ) Is there a specific channel for GSF?

Sorry for the machine gun questioning but I really wanna get the hang of GSF
The Progenitor:

nyghtrunner
11.07.2014 , 10:31 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Yojiro View Post
Any specific time? I usually get on around 10-11 pm every other day (got a 10 months old boy who gladly takes away most of my time ) Is there a specific channel for GSF?
Don't know specifically how active Progenitor's is, but there's a "/cjoin GSF" for all the servers. Hopping in and asking might end up helping you out there?

Another thing you can do if you want to get a feel for how busy it is on any server at any given time is to go to the "who" search feature, and list the search terms "denon shipyards mesas". That will filter the search and will tell you how many people in your faction are flying at any given moment. You can usually figure out how consistently queues are popping, and how many games are running. Hope this helps, and cheers!
Master, I marked the best escape pod for your use. I of course, will go down with the ship.
Graendahl / Semírhage : Hawkë / Mierín

Asbetos
11.08.2014 , 01:28 AM | #5

Sorry for the machine gun questioning but I really wanna get the hang of GSF
10-11 pm is a great time to play, plenty of matches usually. As for the channels, Aces and GSF are pretty active on Rep while Imp has... well, nothing active
The Progenitor
Darth Xinthos Skykiller <Retaliation>
Captain Zyka Skykiller <Sons of Anarchy>

Yojiro
11.10.2014 , 04:14 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Asbetos View Post
10-11 pm is a great time to play, plenty of matches usually. As for the channels, Aces and GSF are pretty active on Rep while Imp has... well, nothing active
I've noticed that imp side has way less GSF activity, as there were a lot of pub vs pub brawling. Quite odd considering the usual faction disparity.

Still, thanks for the tips!

Signing off,

Tholric/Elru'hir
The Progenitor:

Verain
11.10.2014 , 06:40 AM | #7
I've noticed that imp side has way less GSF activity, as there were a lot of pub vs pub brawling. Quite odd considering the usual faction disparity.
In order to say "imp side has way less GSF", you need to be sure of four things:

1)- When you scout pubside, you often see a game and sometimes more than one.
2)- When you scout impside, you often see no game and only occasionally one.
3)- When you queue pubside, you get a pop quicker than impside.
4)- When you queue impside, you rarely get a pop.

Importantly, you con't determine- at all- how active THE OTHER side is with much certainty. If you play both routinely, sure, make that claim- there are lopsided servers. But I've personally been like "man, pubs is dead today" and immediately hear back from Stasie or Drako that pub is wargaming and simply off the imp cycle at the moment, but that moment can go on for awhile.
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

Yojiro
11.10.2014 , 07:01 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
In order to say "imp side has way less GSF", you need to be sure of four things:

1)- When you scout pubside, you often see a game and sometimes more than one.
2)- When you scout impside, you often see no game and only occasionally one.
3)- When you queue pubside, you get a pop quicker than impside.
4)- When you queue impside, you rarely get a pop.

Importantly, you con't determine- at all- how active THE OTHER side is with much certainty. If you play both routinely, sure, make that claim- there are lopsided servers. But I've personally been like "man, pubs is dead today" and immediately hear back from Stasie or Drako that pub is wargaming and simply off the imp cycle at the moment, but that moment can go on for awhile.
Err... good on you?
The Progenitor:

Verain
11.10.2014 , 07:56 AM | #9
Err... good on you?
Yea, but not on you. Unless you did 1-4, which, maybe you did. But many don't.
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

Yojiro
11.10.2014 , 08:03 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
Yea, but not on you. Unless you did 1-4, which, maybe you did. But many don't.
I guess you can say I "kinda" did? I spent most of the weekend online - though I will admit a weekend isn't enough to make a complete assessment - and queueing on both sides, as randomly as I could. Then again, my statement was never meant to be as serious as your answer was, but these are the forums so, heh.
The Progenitor: