Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How will the match end?...

Bolo_Yeung
11.07.2014 , 04:25 AM | #1
The common opinion on the forums is 'most matches are won/lost before the start'. So - I am posting a starting list here. No who can guess how will the match end?

The Progenitor match:
http://i58.tinypic.com/9riw68.jpg

PS. For those who played that exact match - don't spoil

Danylia
11.07.2014 , 04:52 AM | #2
Alright I'll play.

Empire has Urteon in Sting, Republic has Hachiman (who however is mostly veteran from pre 2.6 era, I haven't seen him much in the last months), the rest of names don't ring any bell. Republic only has 3 Gunships (yes, because they can't technically queue more than 3, but let's not derail the thread), so unless the Imperial 2-shippers will feed the gunships by beelining them (as they sadly often do, despite being told otherwise in chat), Urteon should be able to carry the team.

50:35 for Empire.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
Last nights group finder was a mess. The short version is that two of the people were really bad but the tank was pretty good. After we called it I asked the tank if he wanted to queue up with me. He said "I'm eleven and I have to go to bed".
The one guy who knew what he was doing was eleven years old.

Ryuku-sama
11.07.2014 , 04:58 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Bolo_Yeung View Post
The common opinion on the forums is 'most matches are won/lost before the start'. So - I am posting a starting list here. No who can guess how will the match end?

The Progenitor match:
http://i58.tinypic.com/9riw68.jpg

PS. For those who played that exact match - don't spoil
First glance : Balanced match.

Second glance : Your team has six strikes one scout and one bomber, the opposing team has 3 sheeps and a healthy mix of scouts and strikes : Opposing teams score the first kill and will take a lead in the beginning before your few valuable pilots switches to scouts to counter them.

Third glance : Your teams scouts are weak.

Final... The ooposing team is more likely to win but the match is clearly open, I can't tell more without knowing the individual pilots.
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015

Asbetos
11.07.2014 , 05:06 AM | #4
The opposing team has Boreajuku on not-so-upgraded ships, the Empire has Urteon, so it depends on the rest of the team. I'd call it a tight win for the Republic.
The Progenitor
Darth Xinthos Skykiller <Retaliation>
Captain Zyka Skykiller <Sons of Anarchy>

Bolo_Yeung
11.07.2014 , 05:39 AM | #5
Answer will be posted about 4 UTC
A little hint - the match was finished by timeout.

MiaowZedong
11.07.2014 , 06:40 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryuku-sama View Post
First glance : Balanced match.

Second glance : Your team has six strikes one scout and one bomber, the opposing team has 3 sheeps and a healthy mix of scouts and strikes : Opposing teams score the first kill and will take a lead in the beginning before your few valuable pilots switches to scouts to counter them.

Third glance : Your teams scouts are weak.

Final... The ooposing team is more likely to win but the match is clearly open, I can't tell more without knowing the individual pilots.
This.

Based on the initial ship picks, your team seems to pose only a weak direct threat to the enemy gunships due to a lack of scouts beyond yourself or gunships of your own, while the ammount of strikes makes it seem your team might be easier to farm. However, without knowing the players I can't be certain that this will hold true.

I think most players would see this start screen and expect it to be a farming race with so many two-shippers, though your posts hint of something less usual. Perhaps it ended in double defeat (i.e. draw)?

Bolo_Yeung
11.07.2014 , 10:18 AM | #7
The result was 46:39 for Reps. Gunship ball and a little too eager team on Imp side were deciding factors..
Anyway, pretty close answers

Bolo_Yeung
11.07.2014 , 03:10 PM | #8
Another one. Again Harbinger...
http://i62.tinypic.com/10r2sky.png
Unfortunately I don't have later crew screenshoot, but Jaqo joined as 8th on enemy side

tunewalker
11.07.2014 , 03:14 PM | #9
From what I can tell this is a close Pub victory.

Ryuku-sama
11.07.2014 , 03:17 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Bolo_Yeung View Post
Another one. Again Harbinger...
http://i62.tinypic.com/10r2sky.png
Unfortunately I don't have later crew screenshoot, but Jaqo joined as 8th on enemy side
First glance : Their team have the advantage.
Second Glance : Your team has a TensorPoint.
Third glance : They didn,t field too much bombers.

Your team get the lead with a smart Tensor Field. They counter with either bombers or gunships. Probably a match with a lot of sat switching. I say they won by less than 100 points.
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015