Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaggath Battlegrounds Semi-Finals: Republic Resistance vs Republic Reborn

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Battlegrounds Semi-Finals: Republic Resistance vs Republic Reborn

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
11.06.2014 , 10:57 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Woah there, let's not make this an accurate depiction of the round.

Concerning Isotope-5, did it improve reactor outputs or just act as an infinite supply? Or would that be the same thing...

And concerning the people of Coruscant, I reiterate how by the time any such force could be rallied the battle would be over, literally overnight. Not that I personally believe that would ever happen, this is not the Mandalorian Blockade.
It's the same thing.

Reactors can output as much as they want, which is why I find Rayla's inaccurate choice of words in the DBY canons... concerning. Yes, reactors can push power to turbolasers to make them up to 4x more powerful, but they can do that to any turbolaser.

The problem is it sacrifices shielding, which is why the Battle is already lost if the Venators switch to that mode, and it's why Tri Fighters during the Clone Wars could single-handedly destroy a Star Destroyer.

With Isotope 5 however, the Viscount can put far more power into Shielding and Turbolaser batteries without sacrificing a thing, as, in the words of Darth Marr, "One gram of Isotope-5 can provide a near infinite power source". It's why he sacrificed 3 systems just for the chance at it.

He also used it to upgrade the turbolasers themselves, but that's an argument for another time I think.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
11.06.2014 , 11:00 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Whats the fourth, I probably have it.
Star Wars Rogue Squadron: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide, I doubt you're gonna get an accurate reading on it.

Even then, it's contradicting 3 other sources.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
11.06.2014 , 11:02 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
To anyone going off Wookieepedia for the Pellaeon class, don't.

They have sourced Starships of the Galaxy to say that the Pellaeon has 50 batteries of Heavy Turbolasers, when the sourcebook actually says 5.

Not sure who made the edit but it's massively out, the real stats are:

25 heavy Turbolasers (Octupette)
20 Heavy Ion canons (Quad)
15 Tractor Beams
25 Proton Torpedo launchers.

I'm saying Octupette and Quad because that's what the passages hint at, but that is an assumption.
Interesting, that would give it the same armament as the Imperious.

I can only assume its cannons were just more powerful.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
11.06.2014 , 11:07 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
It's the same thing.

Reactors can output as much as they want, which is why I find Rayla's inaccurate choice of words in the DBY canons... concerning. Yes, reactors can push power to turbolasers to make them up to 4x more powerful, but they can do that to any turbolaser.

The problem is it sacrifices shielding, which is why the Battle is already lost if the Venators switch to that mode, and it's why Tri Fighters during the Clone Wars could single-handedly destroy a Star Destroyer.

With Isotope 5 however, the Viscount can put far more power into Shielding and Turbolaser batteries without sacrificing a thing, as, in the words of Darth Marr, "One gram of Isotope-5 can provide a near infinite power source". It's why he sacrificed 3 systems just for the chance at it.

He also used it to upgrade the turbolasers themselves, but that's an argument for another time I think.
But that was a special quality of those turbolasers, so I don't think its that simple.

But yeah I recall now your correct.

And I don't recall any instances of tri-fighters soloing Venators... well there was the Battle of Saleucami but I assume that the Venator in question had been damaged and perhaps had its shields taken down first.

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
11.06.2014 , 11:08 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Interesting, that would give it the same armament as the Imperious.

I can only assume its cannons were just more powerful.
That's why I put the Imperious as Octupettes.

I made a slight typo there, the Imperious likely has octupettes where the Pellaeon had Quad turrets, as it is inferred that the Imperious has similar designs, just improved.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
11.06.2014 , 11:09 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
But that was a special quality of those turbolasers, so I don't think its that simple.

But yeah I recall now your correct.

And I don't recall any instances of tri-fighters soloing Venators... well there was the Battle of Saleucami but I assume that the Venator in question had been damaged and perhaps had its shields taken down first.
The Venator was in perfect condition, it had no shields.

Which is the exact point...

No it's not a specialized quality of those Turbolasers, the "Special Quality" is it's ability to switch between Destroyer blasting and Point Defense turret.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
11.06.2014 , 11:11 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Star Wars Rogue Squadron: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide, I doubt you're gonna get an accurate reading on it.

Even then, it's contradicting 3 other sources.
Haha, god no I don't have that. Though yes I'd assume if it ever mentioned something like that, it was retconned.

This will be my last post for a few minutes by the way, I just noticed I have yet to post my opening argument.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
11.06.2014 , 11:18 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
And concerning the people of Coruscant, I reiterate how by the time any such force could be rallied the battle would be over, literally overnight. Not that I personally believe that would ever happen, this is not the Mandalorian Blockade.
If you're not allowing this, then I at least get forces from the Hutt Cartel Fleet.

They had a standing fleet of Mercenaries constantly, an expeditionary fleet, an Expansion fleet and a defense fleet.

Since suppliers of ground Vehicles are allowed to give tanks on the ground (A huge advantage) the space equivalent needs to be noted too. I'd put the space equivalent of that at 500.... As the Hutts supply both however, I'd happily halve it to 250 fighters.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
11.06.2014 , 11:24 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
The Venator was in perfect condition, it had no shields.

Which is the exact point...

No it's not a specialized quality of those Turbolasers, the "Special Quality" is it's ability to switch between Destroyer blasting and Point Defense turret.
Well, it was coming under supressive fire from several Munificents.

But I guess tri-fighters are just that bad@ss *makes a note for next round*

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
11.06.2014 , 11:26 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
If you're not allowing this, then I at least get forces from the Hutt Cartel Fleet.

They had a standing fleet of Mercenaries constantly, an expeditionary fleet, an Expansion fleet and a defense fleet.

Since suppliers of ground Vehicles are allowed to give tanks on the ground (A huge advantage) the space equivalent needs to be noted too. I'd put the space equivalent of that at 500.... As the Hutts supply both however, I'd happily halve it to 250 fighters.
I've said it before and I say it again, the rules don't permit suppliers to field anything in large numbers! So no!

A hundred times no! Not 500, not 250, half a dozen or so at best!

Though I'm don't think there fleet was that expansive, do you have a source?