Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Battlegrounds Semi-Finals: Republic Resistance vs Republic Reborn

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Battlegrounds Semi-Finals: Republic Resistance vs Republic Reborn

Beniboybling
11.06.2014 , 10:41 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
3 meter variant what?...It's only ever been 32 meters. The bit about the prototype, there isn't a source for that.
Just because it isn't directly sourced, doesn't mean they made it up.

Wolfninjajedi
11.06.2014 , 10:42 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Just because it isn't directly sourced, doesn't mean they made it up.
Well the sources I have on it, say nothing about 3 meter variants.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
11.06.2014 , 10:43 AM | #13
Well the sources I have on it, say nothing about 3 meter variants.
Well maybe there are other sources...

Wolfninjajedi
11.06.2014 , 10:45 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Well maybe there are other sources...
There's only 4 sources, 3 of which I have and there's nothing about a 3 meter variant.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Selenial
11.06.2014 , 10:46 AM | #15
There's only 4 sources, 3 of which I have and there's nothing about a 3 meter variant.
Whats the fourth, I probably have it.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

StarSquirrel
11.06.2014 , 10:48 AM | #16
Interesting point about Battle Meditation.

After looking over the feats of Meetra and Sunrider's battle med, the evidence (to me) is overwhelmingly in favor of Sunrider as having the superior battle med. I also agree that with the boost of the LS Nexus in the temple, Sunrider could more than likely overpower Meetra's battle med.

I also think Rayla (with the exception of the Venators) has a very beefy fleet of well-armored ships/fighters. The Ionizer (and that Daala quote) makes me lean heavily against the Viscount's chances.

The Fighter superiority is so astronomical for Rayla, Sel's fighters will really only be effective in defence.

Now Sel's fleet has a few decent points.

Thunderclaps are the perfect ship to field against the Ionizers and the Twintails thanks to their firepower. As tough as those two ships are, the Thunderclaps seem like a solid counter. Though numbers could prove too much.

B-wings (if they can get there) could hammer away at Venators rather brutally and are more than likely sufficient to bring down Acclamators.

Sel also has a far larger fleet in terms of capital ships and that difference, to me, would still win Sel a fight in a straight capital ship - capital ship engagement. But off course, that isn't what's going on so...
I know if you look deep into your heart- which is currently all over that tree- you'll find a way to forgive me.

Aww, geez you look like a puppy! A blonde, eviscerated puppy!

-Alucard

Aurbere
11.06.2014 , 10:49 AM | #17
Since they were in the last Republic Reborn match, I think the X-Wings should be of the XJ series. Same as last time.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Selenial
11.06.2014 , 10:53 AM | #18
To anyone going off Wookieepedia for the Pellaeon class, don't.

They have sourced Starships of the Galaxy to say that the Pellaeon has 50 batteries of Heavy Turbolasers, when the sourcebook actually says 5.

Not sure who made the edit but it's massively out, the real stats are:

25 heavy Turbolasers (Octupette)
20 Heavy Ion canons (Quad)
15 Tractor Beams
25 Proton Torpedo launchers.

I'm saying Octupette and Quad because that's what the passages hint at, but that is an assumption.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Beniboybling
11.06.2014 , 10:53 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
No please, post 3 absolutely massive posts and then ask for more support

Meh, to be honest your tactician evaluation lacks a lot of detail, contains Era bias, and acts as if fleet tactics is a stable science where you only need one opening strategy to win.

I'm posting mine now, but Beni you never answered my question about Isotope-5.

Also there are over a trillion people on coruscant, if you think the massive underworld on that planet doesn't contain a few pilots with freighters then god knows what you think's been battling the coruscant police for centuries. Hypo Viz's destruction of the Mandalorian Blockade is a prime example of Underworld influence, and their ability to form a paramilitary force overnight.
Woah there, let's not make this an accurate depiction of the round.

Concerning Isotope-5, did it improve reactor outputs or just act as an infinite supply? Or would that be the same thing...

And concerning the people of Coruscant, I reiterate how by the time any such force could be rallied the battle would be over, literally overnight. Not that I personally believe that would ever happen, this is not the Mandalorian Blockade.

Beniboybling
11.06.2014 , 10:56 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Since they were in the last Republic Reborn match, I think the X-Wings should be of the XJ series. Same as last time.
Ah yes I forgot to add that they are the T-65 XJ model.