Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Coordinated GSF Play

Oldmanripper
11.06.2014 , 02:49 AM | #1
Sith Praxium has grown their GSF division on Begeren Colony and is extending an invitation to the community at large.

We fly every Sunday night at 8 PM Pacific as a unit and usually field 8-12 players in three 'flights'. Other nights we have an average of 4-8 players on at any time.

We coordinate these pilots with our TeamSpeak (TS) channel via our Enjin website.

We focus not only Starfighter but multiple hard-mode, progression raiding teams and ground PVP elements are offered across both Imperial or Republic factions.

If you are looking for a new guild, server, or really want to see what a difference coordinated starfighter play can make please visit us any time!

Contact Oldmanripper or Ann'marrie with an in-game mail or message for further information.

Applications can be submitted here.

-Ripper
INFS Praxium C.A.G.

Ardaneb
11.06.2014 , 03:13 PM | #2
Lauri and I have been in the queue against Sith Praxium for the last 5 or 6 weeks at 8PM pacific on Sundays. Clearly, Sith Praxium is a formidable group that has improved its coordination greatly in the last month. We usually win only one match a night against them. (We still get wins against random empire players who mismatch against us in between).

Last week Lauri was able to organize (with help) a republic Teamspeak premade with 6-10 players. Our group was behind Sith Praxium in coordination but really not that far from where Sith Praxium was 6 weeks ago. The republic group is not affiliated with a guild. We are looking for experienced pilots to join us on Teamspeak Sunday nights (8PM pacific). Part time Begeren republic aces, now is your chance for some competition. Everything is in place.
Paloga/Lantor

zaskar
11.06.2014 , 04:46 PM | #3
You might have better luck in the server forum...

Ardaneb
11.06.2014 , 05:01 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by zaskar View Post
You might have better luck in the server forum...
Clearly Ripper is inviting people at large. That is likely why he did not put Begeren in the title. My goal is to have competitive matches so I felt a need to post here in response.

Besides, a Begeren forum posting would only lead to trolling by the usual suspects.
Paloga/Lantor

zaskar
11.06.2014 , 05:23 PM | #5
The confusion is pretty simple, that reads like a guild recruitment flyer. OMGWIII you fly together for a few hours on sundays! My heart just skipped a beat. No, really it did.

This is how you get people to come to your server and fly competitive games.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=774190

You know what the problem with BC is? Do you really want to know?

Spoiler

Baron_FireStorm
11.06.2014 , 06:03 PM | #6
Yes, please join us on BC! We need more pilots!
-Soontir Fel
GSF Division, Sith Praxium

Begeren Colony

caederon
11.06.2014 , 06:09 PM | #7
You know what the problem with BC is? Do you really want to know?
So, your response to someone trying to improve the quality of play on a server is... to shout them down because you experienced poor quality of play? That's smart. How about instead, you don't disparage efforts to make things better even if you choose not to participate yourself. Isn't the goal to have a higher quality of play all around?

The Bastion's events are great, I enjoy participating in them. That doesn't mean that cool events can't be held elsewhere. Wouldn't it be great to see lots of players trying to improve the game on all servers instead of just a few?

I've flown a lot on BC (and plenty on other servers as well). There are quite a few quality pilots on BC, and it's been nice to see some of them show up on Stock Night. I think we're all looking for better matches wherever we show up. Try being part of the solution, or at the very least, realize that every server has its share of problems and don't get in the way of those who are looking to solve them.

- Despon

zaskar
11.06.2014 , 06:22 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by caederon View Post
So, your response to someone trying to improve the quality of play on a server is... to shout them down because you experienced poor quality of play? That's smart. How about instead, you don't disparage efforts to make things better even if you choose not to participate yourself. Isn't the goal to have a higher quality of play all around?

The Bastion's events are great, I enjoy participating in them. That doesn't mean that cool events can't be held elsewhere. Wouldn't it be great to see lots of players trying to improve the game on all servers instead of just a few?

I've flown a lot on BC (and plenty on other servers as well). There are quite a few quality pilots on BC, and it's been nice to see some of them show up on Stock Night. I think we're all looking for better matches wherever we show up. Try being part of the solution, or at the very least, realize that every server has its share of problems and don't get in the way of those who are looking to solve them.

- Despon
So you're all so sick of the snowflakes on BC you are trying to get this TINY community to come to your server for really bad play? I don't see the value add for anyone. It's up to the players of BC to figure out how to educate their server mates, not try to replace them. Community building 101.

caederon
11.06.2014 , 06:44 PM | #9
So you're all so sick of the snowflakes on BC you are trying to get this TINY community to come to your server for really bad play? I don't see the value add for anyone. It's up to the players of BC to figure out how to educate their server mates, not try to replace them. Community building 101.
Yeah, you're a real master of community building. Stuff your attitude into a burst laser and fire yourself into some other thread. See how far relentless negativity gets you there.

This isn't even my project, or guild, but I've flown with and against these guys enough to know that the server can and has produced competitive play and some very good pilots. The value add is that if you get more good pilots into a concentrated space, quality of play goes up. Or if you get people who want to learn in on the action, quality of play goes up. In this 'tiny' 'community', there may be people who want to try something different. Here's an option. Blasting someone for trying to organize some play is like stomping on your own foot.

- Despon

Baron_FireStorm
11.06.2014 , 07:12 PM | #10
Thanks Despon! Maybe this Troll will go crawl back under the bridge from which it came. I haven't played on any other servers but I dont feel the need to because BC is a lot of fun and we do our best to be the example and not the exception. Come find out for yourselves!
-Soontir Fel
GSF Division, Sith Praxium

Begeren Colony