Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Next Stronghold Update Suggestion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Next Stronghold Update Suggestion

Velarax
11.12.2014 , 06:33 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Theeko View Post
Also we could probably just make do without the hook system, and go back to Swg old style decorating using X,y,z access and drop anywhere we want
SECOND this.

Also, obviously the number of strongholds a player can have must be RAISED, b/c most players will want to purchase one of each.

Silverspar
11.22.2014 , 08:09 PM | #12
I am pretty sure that of the places possible next, Alderaan and Corellia look to be prime targets.

Reasons why
  • Both Alderaan and Corellia have space ports for both the Empire and Republic.
  • Both Alderaan and Corellia are stalemate worlds, the push and influence one faction has is only a minor reflection of the scope of the war on those planets.
  • There appears to be space already set aside for the stronghold billboards on Alderaan, which leads me to believe this is the next planet.

Now, Manaan as a world would offer something unique. Additionally, Voss could be a contender, but Voss does not offer a space port and instead is a very Xenophobic, even though the environments of Voss are nice I highly doubt that there will be strongholds there anytime soon, if they stick with the lore.

So, look towards Alderaan, possibly Corellia, maybe Manaan. Balmora and and Taris even though they have a space port for one faction, they don't have it for both, and it becomes problematic as the story for both planets has them falling to the opposite factions hands later in the story of said planet.

Koichi
01.16.2015 , 10:20 AM | #13
Bringing this up to the surface again. I've spent 10 million credits on decorations for my Hoth Stronghold and have another 10 million to unlock what rooms I can. All I need is the stronghold. XD
We hide in plain sight--behind every key figure and every battle. You will never see us coming when it is our time to strike. You stopped our leader, but not our movement. While you fall, we will rise....
Are you a new or returning player? Do you want free, cool stuff?
Then help fund the Revanite movement use my code!Refer: http://www.swtor.com/r/WmtHFk

Here's a link at what you get for using my refer code: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

EndaWyld
01.19.2015 , 01:44 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Theeko View Post
Also we could probably just make do without the hook system, and go back to Swg old style decorating using X,y,z access and drop anywhere we want
I'd have to agree, there are several locations where there is no symmetry left and right in rooms. or, even, left and right stairwell landings. Some of the hooks are askew in relation to the walls, etc. And the two faction strongholds don't match each other. The carpet hooks in some rooms / strongholds are in weird places. And many of the layouts don't really make much sense for the shape of the rooms. And to many items, when compared to like sized items, use odd sized hooks. I.E.: The Rishi baskets need a large hook when they're the size of a medium hook. There are planters, and lights, that need small hooks, but liked sized ones require medium or half medium.

Besides that...
I'd like to see a way to add more hooks, say 25, 50, etc, past the stronghold's limit. Possibly, as a Cartel Market item.
(I have a friend who has maxed out all four strongholds, but three of them have three completely empty rooms.)
I would love to have a way to get to and from the Nar Shaddaa Stronghold's landing pad without jumping to it, or having to commit suicide to leave it. (A walkway, bridge, or retractable bridge from the lowest level could work, or a stairway from the speeder landing pad would work too.) This, too, could be a Cartel Market item.
I wish that the Medical Droids were like the ones at fleet, which sell all levels of Medpacs.
I wish we could place a Trainer, for leveling up, like the Satele Shan holo, in our strongholds. (I don't have one.)
Farfetched wants would include Armor and Mod Vendors, a way to have the npc's sit or dance or work, too. I.E.: the Bartender mixing drinks, the waitress and serving droid taking and delivering drink orders. Working at computers or consoles. Dancing with each other, etc.

And yes, I use my Nar Shaddaa Stronghold as a one-stop shopping area to zone-in and out, to repair, sell, and upgrade my character's gear from.

Could a notice be added to the personnel to identify which ones count towards the limit?
In my Nar Shaddaa Stronghold I have 14 companions, 8 vendors, 12 Guards, 6 miscellaneous, 5 pets, and a serving droid.
I know that the 5 pets and 12 Guards don't count towards the limit, but I'm not sure about the rest, or what the max is.
Or, possibly, could a # / # personnel counter be added to the menu?

ZutaraAvatar
01.22.2015 , 10:09 AM | #15
I'd like to see what a stronghold on Manaan would look like, or Makeb.
Server-Ebon Hawk
Main: Zutarak Avatar- Bounty Hunter- Level 60

vulturefett
01.29.2015 , 09:27 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by EndaWyld View Post
I'd have to agree, there are several locations where there is no symmetry left and right in rooms. or, even, left and right stairwell landings. Some of the hooks are askew in relation to the walls, etc. And the two faction strongholds don't match each other. The carpet hooks in some rooms / strongholds are in weird places. And many of the layouts don't really make much sense for the shape of the rooms. And to many items, when compared to like sized items, use odd sized hooks. I.E.: The Rishi baskets need a large hook when they're the size of a medium hook. There are planters, and lights, that need small hooks, but liked sized ones require medium or half medium.

Besides that...
I'd like to see a way to add more hooks, say 25, 50, etc, past the stronghold's limit. Possibly, as a Cartel Market item.
(I have a friend who has maxed out all four strongholds, but three of them have three completely empty rooms.)
I would love to have a way to get to and from the Nar Shaddaa Stronghold's landing pad without jumping to it, or having to commit suicide to leave it. (A walkway, bridge, or retractable bridge from the lowest level could work, or a stairway from the speeder landing pad would work too.) This, too, could be a Cartel Market item.
I wish that the Medical Droids were like the ones at fleet, which sell all levels of Medpacs.
I wish we could place a Trainer, for leveling up, like the Satele Shan holo, in our strongholds. (I don't have one.)
Farfetched wants would include Armor and Mod Vendors, a way to have the npc's sit or dance or work, too. I.E.: the Bartender mixing drinks, the waitress and serving droid taking and delivering drink orders. Working at computers or consoles. Dancing with each other, etc.

And yes, I use my Nar Shaddaa Stronghold as a one-stop shopping area to zone-in and out, to repair, sell, and upgrade my character's gear from.

Could a notice be added to the personnel to identify which ones count towards the limit?
In my Nar Shaddaa Stronghold I have 14 companions, 8 vendors, 12 Guards, 6 miscellaneous, 5 pets, and a serving droid.
I know that the 5 pets and 12 Guards don't count towards the limit, but I'm not sure about the rest, or what the max is.
Or, possibly, could a # / # personnel counter be added to the menu?
I don't get why you people kelp talking about how the hook system needs to go away. It's NEVER going to happen. It would require them to basically start all over with the SH system. Their time would be better spent working on new content not on changing a system that is not broken but is just not liked by some of the players. Move on to something else.

Banthabreeder
01.29.2015 , 03:05 PM | #17
Could you imagine an entire stronghold made of clear ice and snow? It could look like Elsa's ice palace from Frozen. You could set off the fireworks we all got from the 3rd Anniversary event and the whole place would just explode in colors.
“Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.”

Yojiro
01.30.2015 , 04:16 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by vulturefett View Post
I don't get why you people kelp talking about how the hook system needs to go away. It's NEVER going to happen. It would require them to basically start all over with the SH system. Their time would be better spent working on new content not on changing a system that is not broken but is just not liked by some of the players. Move on to something else.
But what would the Galactic Strongholds forum denizens have to whine about then?

Anyway, on topic - Stronghold in Hoth. End of story. Manaan is... cutesy but Hoth is... Hoth.

Hoth is iconic. I am pretty sure I am not the only player that will consider the Assault on Hoth the best battle sequence in the 6 movies. It needs a Stronghold!
The Progenitor:
Tholric, Republic Privateer / Endymíon, SIS deepcover agent

EranofArcadia
01.30.2015 , 01:42 PM | #19
Hoth is by a wide margin my least favorite planet in the game. It's not even close.

Which isn't a vote against them putting a SH there, mind you. But I wouldn't get it, maybe even if it were really cheap.
The Nera Legacy - BC

AshlaBoga
02.01.2015 , 10:51 PM | #20
Alderaan: because Thul/Organa Palace is so opulent it makes the NS Sky Palace look like a beggar's cardboard box.

Voss: Because Voss have one of the more stylish aesthetics.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!