Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What Gets Your Goat In GSF?

PlagaNerezza
11.05.2014 , 10:14 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Jasa View Post
For me number one is unbalanced matches. I have no problem flying on underdog team somedays I even prefer losing horribly to completely effortless victory, but I hate it when experienced players who I know have mastered ships stack bombers/gunships/T2 scouts againts clearly weaker team. I think it is happening more and more these days. When on underdog team I have almost always tried to give it my best shot no matter what the odds are, but lately I have just started to give up every now and then. Soon I will probably start leaving those matches before they even start in order to deny enemy pilots even slighest possibility of challange. I can't really blame enemy pilots for doing it, because mostly it's group finder issue and even I do it sometimes when I just want to fly certain ship no matter what for some random reason. Also I know in the end it really wouldn't make much of difference even if they all flew worst possible ship with worst possible build It's just one thing that I hate more than anything else in gsf.

Trash talking. I especially remember one TDM when I was in premade with 2 or 3 other players and one of them who is pretty experienced pilot kept complaining and blaming noobs for most of the match.. our premade carried the match, but we lost 49-50. I can't but think that if that one guy had focused on enemies instead of chatting we would have won it.
Pre-mades against ungeared ships. Its stupid to play a node capture match and have a team without any bombers against a team with bombers and gunships and only 2 players on the other team have the ships needed.

Sorry you need bombers to hold nodes. If you don't have them you cannot win let alone the fact your going to get stomped anyways. Domination without bombers is the same deal. If you cannot bomb the gun ships you'll get pushed right back to spawn and lose. Its automatic. No matter how good your "Stock" pilot is you will not win those matches. Its no different than pvp. 4v4 no heals against 2 heals. Just stupid matching stuff that needs to be fixed.
Judust Jax
7 days of free subscription! A free server transfer! + More Goodies!
New & Returning Players. Give a Click and Get a Click!
http://www.swtor.com/r/zTCMYK!

MaximilianPower
11.05.2014 , 10:20 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
No, I just hate it with every bone. If someone doesn't know and asks, that's forethought, good. If someone doesn't know and learns by trying, that's a slower path but it has some advantages for sure, experience is the best teacher. If they want help, but don't realize to ask until the actual moment the game is going on, so angry.
For me, the absolute worst is those guys that don't even try...they're just around for conquest points, or whatever. The guys that post zeroes across the board in a 50-48 TDM, or manage a 2% hit rate on 500 blasters fired (apparently aiming at anything and everything except the targeting reticule) Neither is making any real attempt to participate. Maybe that's a low bar, but I prefer the guys that ask something, anything, even at the last possible moment, and even if it's potentially the worst possible time to pose the question.

I've taken to telling them to shut up and play, and if they want to whisper out of game and I'll help them. I hardly ever get that whisper. It could be because I'm mean to their stupid faces, but I actually suspect it's more of the same- they can't be bothered to care about GSF, or probably anything in life, except for the actual moments they are engaged in it.
I'd be lying if I said I've gotten a lot of post-match whispers, but there have been several, and I've seen a few of those guys return and improve. I try not to be mean to their stupid faces, though, so maybe that's the difference.

I don't think they have evasion, but they can be at high deflection. I agree that's frustrating.

Interestingly, the opening line- when the mine tanks the railgun- is actually both the "you got lucky" and the "wow good play" moment. An enemy can absolutely drop a defensive mine in response to a gunship charging.
Yeah, I don't know if evasion is the right word, but obviously you know what I'm saying. Re: the bombers that drop defensive mines - sure, happens all the time. There are certain bomber pilots I fully expect to do this if they see me coming, which is why I approach them with only a minimally charged ion...I'm planning on popping the mine they're in the process of pooping prior to unloading on them.

Zuckerkorn Zuckernaut Spiderzuck Tensorcide Zuck-srw'i
Maximilian Power TbiasFnke Tryhard Neckbeard MaxPower-srw
Star Forge / Satele Shan / Darth Malgus

Self-Inflicted / Shadowlands Reconnaisance Wing / Retrocide / Imperial Entanglements

MaximilianPower
11.05.2014 , 10:25 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by WedgeFan View Post
Mine is similar to this. I love typing "Tensor pop at top, then to B." and seeing my squad all go to A and C.

Or they reply "Bomber to C" "GS to A"
God yes, so much this. You probably know I start almost every dom match with tensor, so I see it all the time. My favorite is when we end up with a preponderance of bombers on, say, Mesas...I announce I'm going to B...and then all the bombers head to either A or C. Together. And then we end up with a single sat bristling with mines and multiple repair drones.

Zuckerkorn Zuckernaut Spiderzuck Tensorcide Zuck-srw'i
Maximilian Power TbiasFnke Tryhard Neckbeard MaxPower-srw
Star Forge / Satele Shan / Darth Malgus

Self-Inflicted / Shadowlands Reconnaisance Wing / Retrocide / Imperial Entanglements

Ymris
11.05.2014 , 04:19 PM | #24
I find it irksome when one pilot on the other team just comes after me over and over again...
Harbinger [US West Coast]: Strx
The Ebon Hawk [US East Coast]: Strx

Tensoring straight to hell!

Ymris
11.05.2014 , 04:22 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by SithAceI View Post
I would have to say, working at the times everyone else is having a great time during prime time!
Yes. That is teh suck!
Harbinger [US West Coast]: Strx
The Ebon Hawk [US East Coast]: Strx

Tensoring straight to hell!

Sinapus
11.05.2014 , 11:05 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximilianPower View Post
God yes, so much this. You probably know I start almost every dom match with tensor, so I see it all the time. My favorite is when we end up with a preponderance of bombers on, say, Mesas...I announce I'm going to B...and then all the bombers head to either A or C. Together. And then we end up with a single sat bristling with mines and multiple repair drones.
....but it's one secure sat.
Maxim 37: There is no overkill, there is only "Open Fire" and "I Need to Reload."

Friend Referral Link.

eedwana
11.05.2014 , 11:07 PM | #27
being interdiction stacked. Nothing more annoying then 0% movement
TOR [Resurgence]
SWG [Force Hunters]
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
Imperial Ace

Fractalsponge
11.06.2014 , 10:44 AM | #28
1) Getting sabotage probed - guarantees for whoever did it that we will be BEST BUDDIES FOREVER for the rest of the match.
2) Solo capping a node, asking for a guard, then watching the node get recapped as soon as I'm finished at the next node
3) Watching people smash into gunship/bomber nests when I've told then repeatedly not to go there
4) People who trash talk despite contributing NOTHING
5) Conquest point leechers that do exactly enough to remain in combat, while doing nothing
6) Cluster bukkake
7) Being unable to carry a team in domination because bombers - note I have nothing against people running bombers, people stacking bombers, or members of a ****** team - this is me being frustrated with myself
8) Railgun target evasion RNG - nothing like 4 misses in a row to make your blood boil
http://fractalsponge.net
Xi'ao - The Shadowlands

AlrikFassbauer
11.06.2014 , 12:04 PM | #29
I absolutely hate being destroyed within a few minutes, having 10-20 deaths in one match in the end - even with not that bad equipped fighters !

I might be exaggerating a bit, but I think you get my message ...

What I also hate is matches which go like 100 vs. 1000 points in the end score ... Horrible !
Not for them of course ...
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

Ershiin
11.06.2014 , 12:37 PM | #30
When a target slips behind an obstacle/dies the instant you let go of a fully charged railshot...

Teams spamming gunships, doesnt matter which side.

Performing completely terrible, getting killed almost instantly the entire match, flying into stuff and generally being a complete noob for whatever reason... Then ending up with twice the score in damage, kills, accuracy, AND objectives anyway.
Really, that one is the worst. Nothing is worse than playing a utterly horrible game only to see your entire team still somehow managed to do worse.