Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What Gets Your Goat In GSF?

ALaggyGrunt
11.05.2014 , 12:01 AM | #11
One-sided matches. No matter what side of it you're on, it's boring.

Nothing but snare.
Noob Invulnerability Shield (charged plating). Seriously, slug rail for 16 damage? Heavies for 4? Most of the upgrades in the tree aren't make-or-break, but armor piercing is one of them.

Crazy-Wolf
11.05.2014 , 01:05 AM | #12
I hate the following: I start a Domination match in my Bloodmark, typing "Speed bottom/top"... Reaching "A" I check the map and see half my team still being at the spawnpoint.

armpatara
11.05.2014 , 02:30 AM | #13
Five-shippers with the skill of newbie, who never seems to improve his skill regardless of team composition and number of match play.

The other thing that would drive me crazy is the yelling at the end of the match like "(name) don't que again". That's just mean and rude!
Imperial "Carrier" Service : Scout Division
"Never in the field of Intergalactic conflict was so much carried by so few to so many"

Altheran
11.05.2014 , 03:06 AM | #14
When you refuse to joust by boosting through them, but as you got past them, you hear Retro Thruster, and because latency allowed it, he killed you through rear shields while he wasn't even in your screen.

Yep, was totally fair.

MDVZ
11.05.2014 , 04:38 AM | #15
Elitism. Getting angry with new players and the like.

Everyone starts somewhere.
TRE
Lukeutus - Ghost Squadron

Zaraad - Thranta Squadron

Davionix
11.05.2014 , 04:42 AM | #16
All of the above and power diving into random stuff.

They're on our left,right,in front of us,behind us..they can't get away this time.

MaximilianPower
11.05.2014 , 08:12 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
I hate it when someone starts asking how to play the moment the launch happens.
I have mixed feelings on this. While there isn't much useful info one can impart in 5 seconds or whatever, and I'd certainly prefer it if the player had posed the question earlier - at least they're asking. Genuine curiosity/interest is nice to see, as opposed to the legion of pilots who are out there just to be out there.

I've taken to whispering these players either in match (if I have the opportunity) or after, with a copy/paste I keep on hand - directing them to check the swtor.com GSF forum after the match or to pst me later for info. I think I've put at least a few guys on the right track this way.

I think.

Everything else listed in this thread bothers me, though now I've simply become accustomed to power dying once per match. Also - evasion/missed shots on stationary targets like drones and mines. That chaps my hide big time.

Zuckerkorn Zuckernaut Spiderzuck Tensorcide Zuck-srw'i
Maximilian Power TøbiasFünke Tryhard Neckbeard MaxPower-srw
Star Forge / Satele Shan / Darth Malgus

Self-Inflicted / Shadowlands Reconnaisance Wing / Retrocide / Imperial Entanglements

Verain
11.05.2014 , 09:14 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximilianPower View Post
I have mixed feelings on this. While there isn't much useful info one can impart in 5 seconds or whatever, and I'd certainly prefer it if the player had posed the question earlier - at least they're asking.
No, I just hate it with every bone. If someone doesn't know and asks, that's forethought, good. If someone doesn't know and learns by trying, that's a slower path but it has some advantages for sure, experience is the best teacher. If they want help, but don't realize to ask until the actual moment the game is going on, so angry.

Quote:
I've taken to whispering these players either in match (if I have the opportunity) or after, with a copy/paste I keep on hand - directing them to check the swtor.com GSF forum after the match or to pst me later for info. I think I've put at least a few guys on the right track this way.
I've taken to telling them to shut up and play, and if they want to whisper out of game and I'll help them. I hardly ever get that whisper. It could be because I'm mean to their stupid faces, but I actually suspect it's more of the same- they can't be bothered to care about GSF, or probably anything in life, except for the actual moments they are engaged in it.

Quote:
Also - evasion/missed shots on stationary targets like drones and mines. That chaps my hide big time.
I don't think they have evasion, but they can be at high deflection. I agree that's frustrating.

Interestingly, the opening line- when the mine tanks the railgun- is actually both the "you got lucky" and the "wow good play" moment. An enemy can absolutely drop a defensive mine in response to a gunship charging.
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

Jasa
11.05.2014 , 09:55 AM | #19
For me number one is unbalanced matches. I have no problem flying on underdog team somedays I even prefer losing horribly to completely effortless victory, but I hate it when experienced players who I know have mastered ships stack bombers/gunships/T2 scouts againts clearly weaker team. I think it is happening more and more these days. When on underdog team I have almost always tried to give it my best shot no matter what the odds are, but lately I have just started to give up every now and then. Soon I will probably start leaving those matches before they even start in order to deny enemy pilots even slighest possibility of challange. I can't really blame enemy pilots for doing it, because mostly it's group finder issue and even I do it sometimes when I just want to fly certain ship no matter what for some random reason. Also I know in the end it really wouldn't make much of difference even if they all flew worst possible ship with worst possible build It's just one thing that I hate more than anything else in gsf.

Trash talking. I especially remember one TDM when I was in premade with 2 or 3 other players and one of them who is pretty experienced pilot kept complaining and blaming noobs for most of the match.. our premade carried the match, but we lost 49-50. I can't but think that if that one guy had focused on enemies instead of chatting we would have won it.
Jasa / Jasaq - The Red Eclipse

WedgeFan
11.05.2014 , 10:09 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Crazy-Wolf View Post
I hate the following: I start a Domination match in my Bloodmark, typing "Speed bottom/top"... Reaching "A" I check the map and see half my team still being at the spawnpoint.
Mine is similar to this. I love typing "Tensor pop at top, then to B." and seeing my squad all go to A and C.

Or they reply "Bomber to C" "GS to A"
Aerik Buurton

Jedi Covenant

Referral link for some in game goodies

Aerik Janson - Master Weaponsmith - Eclipse (from the "good" ol' days)

"May the 4rd be with you"