Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Stronghold wish list

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Consolidated Stronghold wish list

Sam_Fargo
12.30.2014 , 09:07 PM | #41
I love taking pictures in Real Life...in game, is no different. I have quite a few screen shots I have taking in the game. Sadly, I have no way of turning those pictures from the game into anything that I can use In The Game. What I would like is a way for players to turn screen shots into pictures that you can hang on the walls of your Strongholds.

Yes, there are the trophy ones you can put up, and some of the Art pics you can get from the packs and at the Cartel are nice, but it would be great to be able to use your own stuff.

Yes, I know that there are some who would try to find a way to abuse the system and find a way to take pics from Outside the game (...x r a t e d stuff...) and put them up, but there has to be a way to allow the use of In-game screenshots to be turned into Pics to go on the wall...

Just my two cents...

Sam Fargo
Batiatus Guild

ScarletBlaze
01.01.2015 , 05:18 PM | #42
I would like some paintings (not the trophies) from Maanan. I did an office in Maanan furniture mostly and the trophies might be nice but I would prefer some paintings from there.

Thank you.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

Horacio
01.03.2015 , 04:02 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Schanez View Post
All of those above are very fine statements. I agree with most of what you say, but knowing BioWare and EA, it's not going to happen anytime soon. But that's another matter entirely. As for my ideas.

It's simple really. Arrangements including NPCs. What does it mean? Simple examples:

1. Imagine yourself a bunch of Jawas standing around. One of them is welding some droid in the background, one is calling in new customers, one is digging in a pile of parts. We have a nice arrangement that includes 3 NPCs a droid (or at least parts of one) and a desh pile for example.

2. Imagine yourself a med-bay bed just after an attack on your stronghold. A medi-droid is standing above a wounded trooper, scanning him for any medical problems. This trooper is either sitting or lying on the bed. We have another smal droid with a tray of basic medical utensils, painkillers and such.

3. Imagine yourself a club entrance with a bouncer at the doors. A bunch of random people try to get in, but that big Zabrak guy is showing them off. Some struggling, minor shouting and they are back to pleading. Yet when someone important walks by (aka players), the bouncer would just nod and let them pass.

4. Imagine yourself a military operation center in the mids of an action. A huge screen showing some sort of super covert iformations, a trooper sitting in front of the controlls forwarding data for the CO standing behind him. Another one doing as a com with the team in the field. We have at least 3 troopers, a computer of sorts and a wall screen.

5. Imagine yourself a garden of peace and serenity. The best place for a jedi to go calm her or his mind. Yet it has to be upkept by someone. So there they are, a gentle Torguta girl is wattering the plants. A cathar gardner is checking them on his datapad if they hae all that's needed. We have two simple NPCs and a plant or two.

That's all the examples you will need to get the idea of what I mean. This wil greatly add to the fiction of SH livingtheir lives, even when we are away from them. There are countless posibilities of arranging various NPCs in various situations.

But appart from that. I want my companions to be visible even when I am out of the SH. The holos are just a joke. The only way of using them I think is to create a new character and use him or her just for that specific companion holo as a long range com imitation in one of the rooms.
This is a good post. Strongholds are cool and all but they don't feel lived in. I hope that its just that its new and as soon as it launched, all hands were on deck to get 3.0 out the door before the holidays.

So many NPCs with simple animations would solve much of this and imagine most can be found in game already. Whenever questing or running around plantes of all levels, I find myself saying "hey, I want THAT for my SH"

Someone else mentioned, construction crews....droids welding on stuff, carrying building materials. Heck, just some NPC skin options....some thugs and goons to hang out in my Tat mercenary fortress and wait for contracts to come across the holonet. just pilfer art assets from ....heck, anywhere. copy and paste NPCs from the Jedi temple on Tython or Korriban and populate them in your Sith Temple/Jedi Academy.

Have em for sale from personnel agents. Stick them in Cantinas all over the Galaxy to get people visiting old content. Need a Nikto hooligan to stand guard over your vault room? Go to the personnel agent in the Nar Shadaa cantina. Etc.

So many possibilities and many of them easy to implement.
Baeric - PT - DPS
Najeh - Assassin - Tank
Lugwrench - Commando - Heals

Schanez
01.04.2015 , 03:03 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
This is a good post. Strongholds are cool and all but they don't feel lived in. I hope that its just that its new and as soon as it launched, all hands were on deck to get 3.0 out the door before the holidays.

So many NPCs with simple animations would solve much of this and imagine most can be found in game already. Whenever questing or running around plantes of all levels, I find myself saying "hey, I want THAT for my SH"

Someone else mentioned, construction crews....droids welding on stuff, carrying building materials. Heck, just some NPC skin options....some thugs and goons to hang out in my Tat mercenary fortress and wait for contracts to come across the holonet. just pilfer art assets from ....heck, anywhere. copy and paste NPCs from the Jedi temple on Tython or Korriban and populate them in your Sith Temple/Jedi Academy.

Have em for sale from personnel agents. Stick them in Cantinas all over the Galaxy to get people visiting old content. Need a Nikto hooligan to stand guard over your vault room? Go to the personnel agent in the Nar Shadaa cantina. Etc.

So many possibilities and many of them easy to implement.
It's nice to see you agree. I was also thinking of something else as well.

The Strongholds as of now are quite borring in their desing. Everyone has the same layout of rooms to play with, the same hooks placement and possibilities. And as I was walking through Tatooine, the idea hit me. As of now, we start with a base set of rooms and buy additional to expand our Stronghold. But the choice we have is only in the order we buy those rooms out. How about something more? Here come the Modular Strongholds.

The idea is simple. Each Stronghold is as of now divided into modules which you buy. Well let's add a choice of what you want in that place. An example? Here it goes.

Tatooine Stronghold, Spaceship Hangar. It's huge, based on a circle, nice looking. But how about allowing us to put a huge, circular, towerlike building there? There are tons of such on Tatooine, so no new models needed. It would be accessed from the bottom, same as the shipdock, but would offer some rooms for various use.

Dromund Kaas/Coruscant balcony. Now we have a simple "landing pad" without a spaceship hook on the balcony. How about allowing us to get something similar to Nar Shaddaa entrance area? Like the same shape it is now but instead of the circular balcony we would get a couple of taxi pads here and there. It would change the possible layout of the Stronghold totally. Or the other way round, a huge landing pad where we can place our actuall ships.

Dromund Kaas/Coruscant garage. Instead of the huge shield-window, do a room with a simple windows like the other rooms. Or make one without any windows at all. Or take away half the floor and let us hang our ship there. Or lower the floor a little bit and add a catwalk around the walls for an OPS room kind of thing.

This wouldn't change the overall usefullnes of a Stronghold, but would allow for much greater variety and personalization. Especially that you have all the models already in game. But as of the previous idea, this one is probably just a wishful thinking.

ScarletBlaze
01.04.2015 , 04:18 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Schanez View Post
It's nice to see you agree. I was also thinking of something else as well.

The Strongholds as of now are quite borring in their desing. Everyone has the same layout of rooms to play with, the same hooks placement and possibilities. And as I was walking through Tatooine, the idea hit me. As of now, we start with a base set of rooms and buy additional to expand our Stronghold. But the choice we have is only in the order we buy those rooms out. How about something more? Here come the Modular Strongholds.

The idea is simple. Each Stronghold is as of now divided into modules which you buy. Well let's add a choice of what you want in that place. An example? Here it goes.

Tatooine Stronghold, Spaceship Hangar. It's huge, based on a circle, nice looking. But how about allowing us to put a huge, circular, towerlike building there? There are tons of such on Tatooine, so no new models needed. It would be accessed from the bottom, same as the shipdock, but would offer some rooms for various use.

Dromund Kaas/Coruscant balcony. Now we have a simple "landing pad" without a spaceship hook on the balcony. How about allowing us to get something similar to Nar Shaddaa entrance area? Like the same shape it is now but instead of the circular balcony we would get a couple of taxi pads here and there. It would change the possible layout of the Stronghold totally. Or the other way round, a huge landing pad where we can place our actuall ships.

Dromund Kaas/Coruscant garage. Instead of the huge shield-window, do a room with a simple windows like the other rooms. Or make one without any windows at all. Or take away half the floor and let us hang our ship there. Or lower the floor a little bit and add a catwalk around the walls for an OPS room kind of thing.

This wouldn't change the overall usefullnes of a Stronghold, but would allow for much greater variety and personalization. Especially that you have all the models already in game. But as of the previous idea, this one is probably just a wishful thinking.
I prefer my balcony in Coruscant actually the way it is considering I made a garden there so I wouldn't want mine to change. My boyfriend and I don't use the garage as per se a garage but more of a storage room with crates and "vendors" though they are not vendors but areas for storing "armor, crystals, etc."

So I would prefer an option that would allow you to change if you wanted to or leave it the same.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

LordArtemis
01.10.2015 , 09:25 AM | #46
I request that this thread get a sticky. IMO it is a very important thread and should not move into obscurity on back pages.

Schanez
01.11.2015 , 01:45 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
I prefer my balcony in Coruscant actually the way it is considering I made a garden there so I wouldn't want mine to change. My boyfriend and I don't use the garage as per se a garage but more of a storage room with crates and "vendors" though they are not vendors but areas for storing "armor, crystals, etc."

So I would prefer an option that would allow you to change if you wanted to or leave it the same.
I understand you prefare the way it is now and praise the gods you do. But someone, somewhere, some time ahead might want something diferent. That's what I meant, diversity. It would be quite nice to see it.

Other then what I already posted, I would like a new Stronghold all together. One available for both factions, smaller then Tatooine, with a new design and last but not least, it should be on Alderaan. This planet is just too beautiful to skip.