Is there a way to raise the affection of your ship's droid?

AilsaH

So I was reading that the affection level of your companions affects how quickly and successfully they fulfill their crew skill missions and some people mentioned raising their droid's affection. I tried summoning my ship droid and giving him a droid diagnostic tool (technology) companion gift but just got a big +0 affection. What am I missing? Or is there another droid other than the ship droid people are referring to?

What am I missing?
There is no method to increase the ship-droid's affection rating. It gives +0 affection from all gift categories and gift qualities. It neither increases nor decreases in affection from conversation choices.

Or is there another droid other than the ship droid people are referring to?
There are multiple droid companions, in addition to the faction-specific ship-droid companion.

There is no method to increase the ship-droid's affection rating. It gives +0 affection from all gift categories and gift qualities. It neither increases nor decreases in affection from conversation choices.

There are multiple droid companions, in addition to the faction-specific ship-droid companion.

Ok thank you! I suspected that the ship droid could not have his affection raised but I wanted to be sure. It appears that a Bounty Hunter never gets a droid companion (other than the ship droid).