PvP How to Become a Contender Overhaul (Sticky)

ManiacDavis

I am going to be overhauling and updating the sticky thread "How to Become a Contender" for 3.0. I'm looking for your feedback. Particularly, if you guys have any videos, or want to make videos that feature some of the topics mentioned in the guide. For example, a vid of how to set up target of target/focus target. Video guides/descriptions of the Warzone Objectives or Arena Maps etc. Or even if you found something that was useful not in the guide. I would prefer to feature those that are currently active in the community as opposed to the old vids currently on there.

Thanks

I am going to be overhauling and updating the sticky thread "How to Become a Contender" for 3.0. I'm looking for your feedback. Particularly, if you guys have any videos, or want to make videos that feature some of the topics mentioned in the guide. For example, a vid of how to set up target of target/focus target. Video guides/descriptions of the Warzone Objectives or Arena Maps etc. Or even if you found something that was useful not in the guide. I would prefer to feature those that are currently active in the community as opposed to the old vids currently on there.

Thanks

You could begin by suggesting all PVPers unsub until these clowns add some new PVP content.

Thanks

Maybe we should think about combining efforts kinda like how they did with the combined crafting thread? Thoughts?

Thank you so much for keeping it up. I read the print-out so many times when starting out, I used to be able to quote from it :)

My one suggestion would be to add the translation of grass/snow in Alderaan, and mention somewhere that there is just ONE speeder in Alderaan after 2012. As a newb, those 2 things drove me to distraction. Would also be nice to add the standard calls, like inc/omw which makes life better for the voiceless.

Thank you so much for keeping it up. I read the print-out so many times when starting out, I used to be able to quote from it :)

My one suggestion would be to add the translation of grass/snow in Alderaan, and mention somewhere that there is just ONE speeder in Alderaan after 2012. As a newb, those 2 things drove me to distraction. Would also be nice to add the standard calls, like inc/omw which makes life better for the voiceless.

Definitely good points. It is somewhat surprising how often Bioware has changed the alderaan speeders. I'll make sure to update all of the above.

I doubt they have more than one pvp dev anymore - remember that Huttball map they teased nearly a year ago? What happened to that... so many questions, so many depressing answers.

Anyways... we will need a completely new guide for pvp now, so thanks for doing this.

They put it in the game... I don't understand the point of this post.

Wait. Do you guys have 3.0 info that I don't know about? All I am going on is what they have done in the past and preparing for a couple of options in case they zig in stead of zag.

My assumption is that with 3.0, a new set of gear will be issued for pvp (complete speculation), there may be bolster changes to reflect a new level cap (speculation), Musco confirmed today that there will be new augments (MK-10?). If there is no new pvp set, it could cause some drastic imbalances with new PvE gear for bolster because knowing bioware, they probably screwed up somewhere.

Even if nothing changes for PvP, my guide is outdated and BW has made small changes throughout the warzones that are not reflected in the guide. Lastly, pics and vids speak louder than words, I want to bolster the guide with more video content from the community.

My assumption is that with 3.0, a new set of gear will be issued for pvp (complete speculation), there may be bolster changes to reflect a new level cap (speculation), Musco confirmed today that there will be new augments (MK-10?). If there is no new pvp set, it could cause some drastic imbalances with new PvE gear for bolster because knowing bioware, they probably screwed up somewhere.

Even if nothing changes for PvP, my guide is outdated and BW has made small changes throughout the warzones that are not reflected in the guide. Lastly, pics and vids speak louder than words, I want to bolster the guide with more video content from the community.

Got ya. I was just wondering if more info had got out there somewhere that I hadn't seen.

What about putting the guide(s) on a wiki. Are there any free wikis where an owner/moderator can exercise control over who edits? Without editorial control a wiki is probably more trouble than it is worth (vandalism FTL). With editoral control it would probably result in a better and more up to date guide.

A video showing bolster effects with gear and mods would be great

Is often discouraging to learn about the mechanic without seeing it in action / how stats are reflected and expertise interactions

It would be great to implement optimal stats for ranked, optimal stat numbers (to get x % accuracy, how much power or main stat, diminishing returns) and builds (utility specs) per class (wz vs arena builds, gear etc), stat priority

I can make a focus target video if i find a decent recorder :eek:

A video showing bolster effects with gear and mods would be great

Is often discouraging to learn about the mechanic without seeing it in action / how stats are reflected and expertise interactions

It would be great to implement optimal stats for ranked, optimal stat numbers (to get x % accuracy, how much power or main stat, diminishing returns) and builds (utility specs) per class (wz vs arena builds, gear etc), stat priority

I can make a focus target video if i find a decent recorder :eek:

All good points, feel free to make that vid.