Darth Vader Armor possible?

Zockwave

Dear Community and Developer,

I play SWTOR since release and I'm a very big Star Wars Fan.

I throw simply times the proposal a Darth Vader Armor to develop in the room. (German proverb ;))

I know, that Darth Vader in this time nothing exists, but I think this idea has many ally.

There are also Treek, so why no Darth Vader Armor?

Please write what you think of the idea.

MfG

Lars | Zockwave

I would be beyond happy if there was Darth Vader armor, or Darth Vader - ish armor, since they may not be allowed to use it or the fact its several thousand years earlier. Make it happen bioware!

Darth Malgus is nearly wearing a straight-up rip, sans the helmet.

Darth Malgus is nearly wearing a straight-up rip, sans the helmet.

^ Helmet is a little too iconic. And Vader, in the now-non-canon lore, said his armor's face was based on the face of the ancient Sith Assassins, and was so iconic that no one could ever think his 'face' was anyone else.

This game is supposed to happen thousands of years before Vader. Thus, it's not canon to have Vader's actual armor show up in this era. I'm already in disbelief that Revan is still around, but I'll sooner accept that Revan is still alive hundreds of years after KOTOR I than I will the design for Vader's exact suit of armor is thousands of years old.

Besides, if you'd like to do your own cybernetic Sith suit, there's plenty of options already in the CM gear. Just mix and match and use your imagination/creativity. I'll bet I can whip up an appropriate SWTOR counterpart of Vader's suit right now ...

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/294/6/f/vaderish_suit_by_ihamby-d83pueq.png

That didn't take too long. Considering Vader's clunky and slow style, I'd say he'd be a Juggernaut tank . This game doesn't need Vader's armor, though. If you want to be inspired by Vader and make a similar design, fine. Just don't steal Vader; there's enough name/design stealing going on, as it is.

The helmets you can buy from the Elite Comms vendor is already extremely reminiscent of the Vader helmet, & matched with the Malgus armor you could piece together a makeshift Vader set. Besides, they would not add any armor to the game that goes beyond the game's timeline.

Definite no to this idea.

This game is supposed to happen thousands of years before Vader. Thus, it's not canon to have Vader's actual armor show up in this era. I'm already in disbelief that Revan is still around, but I'll sooner accept that Revan is still alive hundreds of years after KOTOR I than I will the design for Vader's exact suit of armor is thousands of years old.

Besides, if you'd like to do your own cybernetic Sith suit, there's plenty of options already in the CM gear. Just mix and match and use your imagination/creativity. I'll bet I can whip up an appropriate SWTOR counterpart of Vader's suit right now ...

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/294/6/f/vaderish_suit_by_ihamby-d83pueq.png

That didn't take too long. Considering Vader's clunky and slow style, I'd say he'd be a Juggernaut tank . This game doesn't need Vader's armor, though. If you want to be inspired by Vader and make a similar design, fine. Just don't steal Vader; there's enough name/design stealing going on, as it is.

but its not the same D:

Wrong timeline mate so I doubt it will happend( I know many players would also like to see the mandalorian death watch/bobo and jango fett armors comes to the game but highly unlikely cause it will break the lore of the game). One possibility is the Tulak hord armor. ( but hey they might make one similar thats not exact as darth vaders armor, but chances are slim.)

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/SWTOR_TulakHord_Heavy.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bgu3vfF.png

Maybe try using a Black dye and see what results you get with black dye. or mix and match with diffrent armors and build your own version of darth vader with the swtor items. Or use revans robes with black dye. there is all kinds of possibilities mate. give it a shot atleast.

Edited by Swook

Dear Community and Developer,

I play SWTOR since release and I'm a very big Star Wars Fan.

I throw simply times the proposal a Darth Vader Armor to develop in the room. (German proverb ;))

I know, that Darth Vader in this time nothing exists, but I think this idea has many ally.

There are also Treek, so why no Darth Vader Armor?

Please write what you think of the idea.

MfG

Lars | Zockwave

Please dont.... I came to SWTOR because I want to live my own star wars saga and have it unaffected by the events, characters, and everything I know from the movies, I came to explore the galaxy from another perspective and enjoy events, story and characters I've seen nowhere else.

I bet there's a lot of people that share this feeling with me and the more fan of Star Wars I am I dont want to have this feeling destroyed by mixing our timeline with the movies and bring iconic armors or characters from the movies just because some people want to be Darth Vaders.

Please dont.... I came to SWTOR because I want to live my own star wars saga and have it unaffected by the events, characters, and everything I know from the movies, I came to explore the galaxy from another perspective and enjoy events, story and characters I've seen nowhere else.

I bet there's a lot of people that share this feeling with me and the more fan of Star Wars I am I dont want to have this feeling destroyed by mixing our timeline with the movies and bring iconic armors or characters from the movies just because some people want to be Darth Vaders.

Preach it, brother!

It's already annoying enough to see recreations of characters from other timelines, -Lando, Revan, Nihilus- or even other franchises -Worf, Zangief, The Hulk-. Players, use the tools of creativity (limited as they may be), and create your own characters. We don't need more iconic armor sets, there's plenty of options to mix-and-match from the anonymous gear, already.

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't think so as I recall it is the old republic emphasis on "OLD".

and I agree they already added gear that messed things upon the timeline although they are neat to have still not a fan on mixing timelines.

• 1 month later...

Darth Vader is a Sith Lord who appears many years on the future, not in the Old Republic era. If the dev team decide to create this armor, maybe can create to 2 new armors, about Starkiller (Vader's apprentice) from The Force Unleashed videogames: the first one armor could be the Starkiller's robes (as a Jedi), and the second one should be the Starkiller Sith armor (as a Emperor's Sith).

Either way, my suggestion about the CM to the dev team is: try to don't remove armors and weapons, please. There are many different items we cannot buy at this moment using CC or the Commendations.

Regards,