Hold onto pvp comms till 3.0

Icykill_

Guess we shouldn't bother using any of our pvp comms to buy pvp equipment till 3.0 (dec 2nd)...

What does everyone think?

I've power lvl 2 new Alts to 55 with the 12x XP... but I haven't used any comms yet to but gear for them

I've maxed the comms though and have started to buy weapons to sell back... I hope they don't close that loop hole... It would suck having to grind gear for 18 toons again... I currently have 36 sabres in my cargo hold... LoL

Wait...how does THAT work?

You sell them back every 2 hours without fail, effectively increasing the amount of WZ comms you can hold to infinity (or until your inventory is full of freakin' sabers).

I've never done it myself, as it sounds like a gigantic pain in the ***, but there are some who swear by it.

You sell them back every 2 hours without fail, effectively increasing the amount of WZ comms you can hold to infinity (or until your inventory is full of freakin' sabers).

I've never done it myself, as it sounds like a gigantic pain in the ***, but there are some who swear by it.

I only do it because I only pvp in the game... I'm not interested in PVE anymore

So I always have a ton of comms and nothing to spend them on... There are only so many health packs you need

So I save them for when I'm going to lvl a new Alt...

Because I'm always on the fleet, its easy to buy and sell the sabres when I need too... So not a pain at all

I thought someone said they were going to fix that in 3.0 because it's kind of a cheat? Or was that just someone hoping so on the forums?

Some whiny little **** did say something similar. BW have known about this since it became a comms game rather than the fun we had with centurion/BM bags etc. I don't see it changing. That said I am not buying the expansion since it has nothing new for PVP so frankly don't care either way.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

I usually get a pile of speeders but want to see what the gear deal is before bothering. Who knows, we might end up with lowbie green mods bis.

I actually plan on having a suit with greens to bolster as in the past, old pvp gear is the worst unless they strip the expertise from it again.

Edited by Technohic

Guess we shouldn't bother using any of our pvp comms to buy pvp equipment till 3.0 (dec 2nd)...

What does everyone think?

I've already started stocking up, but that's mainly because I'm down to playing this game like once or twice a week now. I still have toons that are com capped from the last gear reset whom I never leeched, on both of my Legacies.

Still haven't run any Ranked this season at all. I should probably get in the mix at some point, but I'm burnt out.

the comm limit sucks and i dont understand it. earned is earned. its like giving a credit limit.

The reasons there is a comms limit:

• To level the field. Imagine having no comm limit and what that would do for balance in warzones in terms of gear.
  • To slow progression and produce a meaningful grind.

Point #2 I could do without, but Point #1 is so vital to PvP. If they removed the limit they would undo everything they did with bolster. I know some people hate bolster but what they don't realize is that bolster saved PvP and turned it from a ghost town into a sparsely populated suburb.

The reasons there is a comms limit:

• To level the field. Imagine having no comm limit and what that would do for balance in warzones in terms of gear.
  • To slow progression and produce a meaningful grind.

1. It unbalances the field because comms are worthless below 55 so everyone could buy full Obroan when entering endgame if not for the limit.

2. PVP doesnt need a grind playing others as they improve is the incentive to improve yourself.

Edited by Tellenn

I am planning to be at the cap to start a new suit, but I have never done a weapon trick, as I don't get the importance of a 2 hour limit. Does it reset every week, so once you've done a few sales in a row, you are locked out? Because the OP has to have an alarm going off every 2 hrs for 3 days in a row.... I will miss my Obroan, but at least I did not buy too many bits of it & Brutalizer hopefully be the entry level and still have expertise so my two precious relics will be Okay. Fingers crossed: there are so many things to prep for the next chapter it's crazy! Edited by DomiSotto

I am planning to be at the cap to start a new suit, but I have never done a weapon trick, as I don't get the importance of a 2 hour limit. Does it reset every week, so once you've done a few sales in a row, you are locked out? Because the OP has to have an alarm going off every 2 hrs for 3 days in a row.... I will miss my Obroan, but at least I did not buy too many bits of it & Brutalizer hopefully be the entry level and still have expertise so my two precious relics will be Okay. Fingers crossed: there are so many things to prep for the next chapter it's crazy!

The 2 hour limit refers to the timer on how long you have to sell back to vendor before you're stuck with the purchase. It doesn't reset every week or at any time, and the timer only runs while that character is logged on.

It's particularly useful for characters on their way to 55. Bank enough speeders or weapons in advance and you can skip the silly grind once you ding 55.

Edited by Joesixxpack

30 pending pvp rewards, someone has to share daily and weekly with me, cant travel to alot of places.But ill get 6 pieces new Revan gear or more first day 3.0....Basically only pvp on this toon .LOLGetting around sucks message allways says u most except finished awards, be worth it 3.0 when i have half geared toon first 20 mins..Killing u soon ..lol B

rather than the fun we had with centurion/BM bags etc.

I don't know what the h*** you are talking about. That s*** was the worst. Doing a week's worth of dailies and getting 0 BM comms was fun to no one. Getting rid of that system, is to this day, the best thing they have done for pvp.

I actually plan on having a suit with greens to bolster as in the past, old pvp gear is the worst unless they strip the expertise from it again.

This......

A far better approach is to stock pile elite/ultimate comms in addition to PvP because when level cap is increased those pieces are guaranteed to be better than current PvP pieces, even if they strip the EXP on them, due to secondary stat increases (at a minimum). Also will probably be better than new T1 as well, because the bolster floor will be raised, yet again. If you can buy some cheap 72/69 off the gtn, get them now....

Edited by L-RANDLE

This......

A far better approach is to stock pile elite/ultimate comms in addition to PvP because when level cap is increased those pieces are guaranteed to be better than current PvP pieces, even if they strip the EXP on them, due to secondary stat increases (at a minimum). Also will probably be better than new T1 as well, because the bolster floor will be raised, yet again. If you can buy some cheap 72/69 off the gtn, get them now....

While you are probably correct with your assessment of the relative strength of these things, I just find it so much easier to bank enough comms to get a full set of the new PvP gear a day or two after the expansion drops. It may not quite be BiS, but it will be close enough to not worry about it.

While you are probably correct with your assessment of the relative strength of these things, I just find it so much easier to bank enough comms to get a full set of the new PvP gear a day or two after the expansion drops. It may not quite be BiS, but it will be close enough to not worry about it.

Maybe, I just hate wasting comma/time/money on something that isn't BiS. if things stay the same, weapons are still going to be an issue for weapons classes, and ears/implants as well since you have to choose between augmentation or not on T1 items. I rather use my current pve ones that are already augmented (ears/implants specifically).

Keep in mind too people that with the increase in level cap, the likelihood of Brute gear being a trade in for T2 PvP items will probably be slim, to none. Which means you will somewhat be forced to buy T1 items that probably won't be better than many PVE combos already available.. Best bet is to get a set of 72 gear ready, as the new bolster cutoff will likely be around 520 on a three modifiable piece.

You heard it here first.

Keep in mind too people that with the increase in level cap, the likelihood of Brute gear being a trade in for T2 PvP items will probably be slim, to none. Which means you will somewhat be forced to buy T1 items that probably won't be better than many PVE combos already available.. Best bet is to get a set of 72 gear ready, as the new bolster cutoff will likely be around 520 on a three modifiable piece.

You heard it here first.

Sounds like a good plan, but I'm highly ignorant in most PVE and crafting matters. Is 72 stuff craftable currently? Is 72 stuff what you get for elite comms? I don't think I've ever earned a single elite comm. I've certainly never purchased more than one or two pieces of basic gear.

I don't really want to spend the next month running flashpoints, not my idea of fun. I'd rather spend that time running loads of warzones and stockpiling regular and ranked comms. The biggest issue is going to be getting credits for all those new augments....ugh.

Sounds like a good plan, but I'm highly ignorant in most PVE and crafting matters. Is 72 stuff craftable currently? Is 72 stuff what you get for elite comms? I don't think I've ever earned a single elite comm. I've certainly never purchased more than one or two pieces of basic gear.

I don't really want to spend the next month running flashpoints, not my idea of fun. I'd rather spend that time running loads of warzones and stockpiling regular and ranked comms. The biggest issue is going to be getting credits for all those new augments....ugh.

I assume they will be in 3.0. If not, yes, you can get them from FPs and raids currently, and probably will be easier to obtain. Also, my link can show you how to get tons a credits between now and 3.0. Gotta break out your farming implements and get to work.:)

I am planning to be at the cap to start a new suit, but I have never done a weapon trick, as I don't get the importance of a 2 hour limit. Does it reset every week, so once you've done a few sales in a row, you are locked out? Because the OP has to have an alarm going off every 2 hrs for 3 days in a row.... I will miss my Obroan, but at least I did not buy too many bits of it & Brutalizer hopefully be the entry level and still have expertise so my two precious relics will be Okay. Fingers crossed: there are so many things to prep for the next chapter it's crazy!

2 hour timer is while you are logged in with that toon... Not a an actual real life timer... Also no weekly reset... If you are on the fleet most of the time... You just keep an eye on the count down on the weapons... I usually swap out every 1.5 hours incase I get interrupted in real life

Usually after a few matches I'll check the timer... As each weapon is 900 comms... You don't sell them all at once... You sell one, buy one... And so on