Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Ops Group] Ops Leader Bug

xxgradiusxx
12.23.2011 , 08:34 PM | #1
While taking down the Grandfather World boss on Balmorra, we discovered a bug that wasn't fixed from beta. This bug can/will potentially cripple a raid leader's ability to play while doing world events, etc. This is currently untested by us in actual Operation instances.

Bug: While in the open world, the Ops leader is spammed with "Your companion has been dismissed. Party Size limit reached." Whether you have your companion out or not.

The Ops leader is spammed with this message if and when an ops member moves in or out of a 30-40m range of the Leader. This is 100% repeatable outdoors.

We have tried leaving group, making sure all companions are NOT on missions, and dismissed, reforming the grp and this had no effect.

Omest
12.23.2011 , 08:46 PM | #2
I had this exact same problem last night. Being a ops leader for the same boss. Was quite annoying.

Underthing
12.24.2011 , 10:27 AM | #3
I too had this problem doing World bosses on Coruscant and Taris. I tried the following steps to no avail...
1) Left Op.
2) Logged out
3) Logged back in
4) Summoned my companion
5) Dismissed my companion
6) Made sure my other companions were NOT on crew skill missions.
7) Got invited back to the op
8) Was made leader again.

After all that, I was still spammed with the 'companion dismissed' in my chat box and in the center of my screen. This really needs to be addressed quickly as players approach level 50 and begin to switch focus from leveling to end game content.
Carpe Diem

Docan
12.26.2011 , 08:31 PM | #4
Bump. This problem is very annoying. Getting spammed on center of screen for whole raid is dumb

Ocho-Quatro
01.12.2012 , 04:14 PM | #5
As of last night, I was having the same problem. Extremely annoying!
<Fortitude> / <Republic Gentlemen>
Apos'trophe - Sage - Apostrophé - Scoundrel - Parentheses - Shadow - Period - Vanguard
Quotation - Sentinel - Proper - Guardian - Period - Commando
Ellipsis - Juggernaut - Asterisk - Mercenary
Period - Operative - Backslash - Assassin
<Häagen-Dazs> / <Ben & Jerry's>
Daiquirí - Scoundrel - Ileítís - Operative
The Punctuation Legacy

dipstik
01.12.2012 , 04:18 PM | #6
i have been unable to to get chat windows other than "other" to disable this text. i would think unchecking the ops information box in chat settings would remove this text, but this text spams all my chat windows except "other"

Ocho-Quatro
01.12.2012 , 04:31 PM | #7
The bigger problem is that it spams across the whole screen... NOT just the chat box.
<Fortitude> / <Republic Gentlemen>
Apos'trophe - Sage - Apostrophé - Scoundrel - Parentheses - Shadow - Period - Vanguard
Quotation - Sentinel - Proper - Guardian - Period - Commando
Ellipsis - Juggernaut - Asterisk - Mercenary
Period - Operative - Backslash - Assassin
<Häagen-Dazs> / <Ben & Jerry's>
Daiquirí - Scoundrel - Ileítís - Operative
The Punctuation Legacy

Dragoon-
01.12.2012 , 05:05 PM | #8
It happens to me everytime. I can deal with the chatbox spam by creating a new tab and disabling system messages.
But I can't with the error messages spammed in the center of my screen 10 times in a row, so that it looks like the story scroll at the beginning of every Star Wars movie. Except the letter are red.
Whats the name of the dev guy responsible for this? I want credit him on the Wiki page for people who suck.
Elara Dorne: I'll be ready with any number of regulation-approved punishments when the opportunity arises.
"Everyone fights, Private Ganbar. Either you go in shooting or we freeze you in carbonite and use you as a shield.."

MasterKai
01.12.2012 , 06:30 PM | #9
I can confirm this happening both in and out of Operations. My guild has gone on World Boss killing for the past 3 nights in which I was the Ops leader and got spammed with the message to the point I could barely tell what anyone was saying.

Last night I ran Eternity Vault as Ops Leader and had the very same problem. FFS someone fix this please.
Ren Kai, Kreed, Darvati, Iralia Kai, Lok, Verick, Anali, Corinthian
Sentinel, Vanguard, Gunslinger, Sage, Assassin, Juggernaut, Sniper, Powertech
SW:TOR Collectors Edition

Dragoon-
01.13.2012 , 04:45 PM | #10
I hope there will be a fix in patch 1.1 for this or at least a way to disable on screen messages. At least for this kind of error message spam.
Elara Dorne: I'll be ready with any number of regulation-approved punishments when the opportunity arises.
"Everyone fights, Private Ganbar. Either you go in shooting or we freeze you in carbonite and use you as a shield.."