Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I see too much BS

silverthorne
12.23.2011 , 10:08 PM | #21
Like I said, I have never gotten an ornage recipe. I have orange items, and they only have three slots. That one has 4, so I am going to surmise that the person crited on crafting it.

yes, modding an armor or weapon can be removed for a small fee, or just replaced. The problem is that only other stuff you have can take the old mod.

Example, I have an ornage vest made with three slots, the armoring mod is outdated, I can pull it out and put that mod into the new pants I made, but its still outdated, but better than nothing. Or if I already have two of the new armoring mods, and my companion has no armor that is modable, I can just drop the new mod on the old slot and the old mod disappears.

Quote: Originally Posted by SubScene View Post
so orange items are the best and they just have 4 slots and can be made with syn or armor craft but you have to crit to get 4 slots?and when you make them they only have armor??
Orange means modable, and can be better than most armors in the game. Depending on what mods you put in, you can also have junk mods in and find armor that is better. The thing to do is to get the ornage armor you like the look of and mod it out. As you progress keep an eye on the armor your finding and keep an eye on the mod levels. Usually about level 10 you can start crafting, so your likely not going to have great mods there, and they will quickly be outdated. Later on your going to be in mods for a longer time period.

SubScene
12.23.2011 , 10:13 PM | #22
thank you for all your help im going to add you on the..forums i guess?idk i might have more questions,sorry for bothering you,thanks for being useful unlike all the trolls.you think they would still be in WOw but they moved here!

SubScene
12.23.2011 , 10:19 PM | #23
so whats the fourth slot you get on an item then? can they all be different? whats the one you crit?what is critting?and whats the other thing you mentioned besides critting items?is there any way to higher your chance of critting?

silverthorne
12.23.2011 , 11:06 PM | #24
so whats the fourth slot you get on an item then? can they all be different? whats the one you crit?what is critting?and whats the other thing you mentioned besides critting items?is there any way to higher your chance of critting?
On a weapon you get 4 basic slots.
color crystal(can have a stat boost)
Barrel/hilt (blasters use barrels, light sabers use hilts)
Mod (actual name here.)
Enhancement.

On armor you get three basic ones.
Armoring
Mod
Enhancement

When you make a very good modle of an item its considered a crit. In regular gaming terms if your roll is good enough, you crit. The fourth/fifth slot.

according to some sources the affection of your companion (this has not been clarified) and their skill bonus can aid your rolls. So if your going to craft using synthweaving, make sure to use a companion that has a bonus to synthweaving.

Depending on your class depends on the companion you will want to have do the crafting.
Sith Warrior gets Jaesa Willsaam who has a +5 synthweaving crit bonus.
Sith inquisitor gets Ashara Zavros who has a +10 synthweaving.
Jedi Knight gets Kira Carsen who has a +5 synthweaving critical bonus.
Jedi Consulor gets Nadia Grell who has a +10 synthweaving.

the rest dont get anyone with bonuses.

SubScene
12.23.2011 , 11:38 PM | #25
so orange items have 4 slots normally and you can crit a fifth whats the fifth called? and fourth for armor?

ColonelTagit
12.23.2011 , 11:52 PM | #26
the fourth slot called Augment takes pieces called augments that are gained through the investigation skill I believe.

I can't recall what the fifth slot was called, if a fifth slot exists at all.

SubScene
12.23.2011 , 11:54 PM | #27
i mean the bonus slot you get from critting on armor and weps.

ColonelTagit
12.23.2011 , 11:55 PM | #28
i mean the bonus slot you get from critting on armor and weps.
augment...

SubScene
12.24.2011 , 12:03 AM | #29
is that the color crystal?

magnuskn
12.24.2011 , 12:36 AM | #30
No, a fourth slot would be a critically crafted one. Of which I have seen none so far.
Emotion, yet peace. Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity. Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.