Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Petition: More Hooks for Guild Flagship!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Petition: More Hooks for Guild Flagship!

RaeAvenger
11.17.2014 , 01:25 PM | #21
/Signed

I personally have a lot more fun decorating the flagship with my guild than I do my own strongholds but we've run into the hook limit so many times its ridiculous. I've had to remove so many decorations just to make room for other things.

Just this past weekend we opened up 2 crew rooms and 1 command room. I had to first remove everything out of the big round command room since decorating rooms in a non-sparse manner means you have to leave 1-2 additional rooms completely bare. Then after setting up the new med bay I had to go back to the bridge and remove all the chairs in front of the consoles, a few of the computers, and most of the wall items. That still wasn't enough though since we had to remove items from the officer sections as well. I don't even see the point in the hooks in the entrances as we had to remove all of those decorations ages so that there would be something actually in the room the chambers led to. I thought we spent 50 mil to buy this epic place we could all come to and be proud of. A place to showoff our guild spirit and hang out in. Sadly I feel like we were misled.

I like to go visit other guild's flagships and it gets boring after 2 or 3 visits. 95% of the time every room is decorated the same: statue, plant, statue, plant, statue, computer and repeat. And all along the edge of the walls. Doesn't matter where you go - officer deck, command deck, crew, engineering - they all look the same.

Double the size please bioware. Allowing members to customize is a major factor in getting them to stick around because you've let them make it theirs.

JolietJerry
11.17.2014 , 04:05 PM | #22
/signed

More hooks please.
Vanguard of Valhalla - All for One & One for All!

AliceofSharbek
11.17.2014 , 06:07 PM | #23
Please give flagships more hooks, or at least a bonus for sub members and also please let us choose between our own decorations and the guild owned decorations.

Pietrastor
11.17.2014 , 07:11 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by RaeAvenger View Post
I like to go visit other guild's flagships and it gets boring after 2 or 3 visits. 95% of the time every room is decorated the same: statue, plant, statue, plant, statue, computer and repeat. And all along the edge of the walls. Doesn't matter where you go - officer deck, command deck, crew, engineering - they all look the same.
Not sure what you expected. There's isn't exactly unlimited number of different objects (not to mention prices/ease of obtaining) and considering that ships are "mutual" strongholds for large group of people, most guild go for universal faction-themed look. So Imp ships end up full of Emperor statues and red banners while Rep ships get Jedi/Greek republic decos. As for computers - we're talking ships. Sure you can claim the "guild decorator" position and go for a unique Noah's Ark idea. Will sure be original, but not very flagship-like as most of your guild members probably would like

Berkalas
11.18.2014 , 06:42 AM | #25
/Signed

RaeAvenger
11.18.2014 , 08:55 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
Not sure what you expected. There's isn't exactly unlimited number of different objects (not to mention prices/ease of obtaining) and considering that ships are "mutual" strongholds for large group of people, most guild go for universal faction-themed look. So Imp ships end up full of Emperor statues and red banners while Rep ships get Jedi/Greek republic decos. As for computers - we're talking ships. Sure you can claim the "guild decorator" position and go for a unique Noah's Ark idea. Will sure be original, but not very flagship-like as most of your guild members probably would like
I kindly disagree. There are lots of decorations out there that offer plenty of flagship related items. And every blue moon I even find a guild that's managed to decorate the various rooms differently but they then also have a few empty rooms as well because the hooks were needed in the rooms they decorated. I'm not sure what you expected but I will fully admit I didn't expect the bridge to look like the crew area and engineering area. If you'll read my comment I didn't request new decorations. There's a decent amount to start with now and no need to turn a flagship into a "Noah's Ark". I requested more hooks so that we could make the space look used and well . . . like an actual ship. It's not, as you mentioned, a problem with not having an "unlimited number of different objects" but instead the inability to use most of those objects in a room because you run out of hooks.

My guild's made a bridge, briefing room, med bay, crew lounge, guild leaders quarters, officers quarters, and now we're working on member quarters but I had to dismantle most of our bridge, all entrance rooms, and a lot of the unique touches we'd put in each room to give members that option.

Yes, there should be banners and computers but they shouldn't end up in only a few spots and with no chairs, monitors, storage units, tables or the like nearby just so you can place objects in other rooms. If the ships we visited while questing all looked like this we'd find them poorly designed and very unrealistic. I think anyone that's taken time to decorate their ship and/or visit other ships understands what I mean. Hopefully you understand me a bit better now as well. Regardless, take care and good luck to you in game.

Examples of Unique Rooms:
Crew Lounge Area
Briefing Room & Briefing Room CU
Med Bay & Med Bay CU
Guild Leader's Quarters
Valhalla Community Gaming
valhallacommunity.com

Vanguard of Valhalla, Guild Leader

Pietrastor
11.19.2014 , 07:12 AM | #27
I'm not sure what you expected but I will fully admit I didn't expect the bridge to look like the crew area and engineering area.

Yes, there should be banners and computers but they shouldn't end up in only a few spots and with no chairs, monitors, storage units, tables or the like nearby just so you can place objects in other rooms. If the ships we visited while questing all looked like this we'd find them poorly designed and very unrealistic.
How will ability to put more chairs in and computers make the same ships you visited suddenly unique? In the end it IS about the faction style and number of available objects to pick from. You posted pics from your own guild ships and while it certinately looks great and thought-out, some areas DO look very similar to our ship simply because of objects used.

RaeAvenger
11.19.2014 , 05:09 PM | #28
Okay let me try to explain this again:

The fact that some of your rooms look the same as the ones I posted is great, in my opinion anyways. Means someone in your guild took the time to fully decorate a room on your flagship. However you will NOT be able to do this to EVERY room in your flagship since you likely used more than the hooks given to you in that room. Thus leaving you less hooks to decorate another room.

Or breaking that down more. Lets say your guild opens up two new crew rooms and get 50 more hooks. In decorating crew room #1 the way your guild likes you use 40 hooks. This leaves you with only 10 hooks to decorate crew room #2 which is the same size and layout as the other. You're faced with the option to remove some from room #1 and make both looks sparse or leave room #1 looking awesome and leave room #2 empty. So this has nothing to do with my guild's flagship looking like your guild's flagship but instead your guild's room #1 looking exactly like your guild's rooms 2-10.

Allowing us more hooks means that the room #1 and room # 5 are unique to each other. Another guild also having a med bay isn't a problem. More hooks means you can add more to each room.

Hopefully that makes sense to you now.
Valhalla Community Gaming
valhallacommunity.com

Vanguard of Valhalla, Guild Leader

CaldaRaric
11.20.2014 , 07:13 PM | #29
I've never even seen a flagship and I agree to this. The only reason I could see them not being able to do it is technical limitations. The more hooks they let us have, the more money that could fill their pockets. More hooks mean we need more decorations; needing more decorations mean we buy more decorations. Us buying decorations makes them money.

Pietrastor
11.20.2014 , 09:20 PM | #30
So this has nothing to do with my guild's flagship looking like your guild's flagship but instead your guild's room #1 looking exactly like your guild's rooms 2-10.
I get you now, but I think you're approaching it from perspective that makes the issue impossible to fix. Even if you fill 2 Crew Rooms with 70 decorations each, you still won't cover every inch of the wall/floor to make them look completly different. All guild use the same ships with quite distinct architecture and lightining of their own even without any decorations. The rooms will to a certain degree look similar no matter what. We can't change wall color, default lightining etc