Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Analysis: Sneek Peek.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lord_of_Stone
12.23.2011 , 09:04 PM | #11
World PvP...... theres PvP servers where your automatically flagged for PvP, and many quests on contested worlds are in contested territory......

And on top of that Ilum. Come back to me when you try your hand at some battles there
KablahiSuraki TyractEnli

IntileFlight PharyaVindor

Greyfeld
12.23.2011 , 09:15 PM | #12
Even though I don't agree with the OP's approach to this topic, I think world pvp is an important issue that needs to be addressed.

It's been said many times, but DAoC did it right. Darkness Falls was the best pvp concept any developer has put into a game, and the Star Wars universe has plenty of reasons to implement a similar construct. World pvp that gives both pvp and pve incentives benefits everybody.

I'm all for expanding pve (more flashpoints, more operations), but I speak as a player who only plays on pve servers when I say that pvp content should be encouraged, for the good of the entire game, not just for the hardcore pvp crowd.
<FinalWave>

Badankis
12.29.2011 , 01:04 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
The powers of observation fail you. Look closer
Good sir, there appears to be a Hutt in your world boss. Please fix.

Lord_Itharius
12.29.2011 , 01:06 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Anthonytats View Post
Yes because 4 days into a new game just released and they are in the position to release "Massive updates" like World PvP and Space Combat PvP.
They actually aren't in the position to release massive updates.

They need to fix the current content first before they focus on new raid tiers. If they don't, SWTOR will just be host to a loot bag, buggy endgame.
"can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out." - battlebug

Zombull
12.29.2011 , 01:07 AM | #15
Oh it's another "the only thing that matters is world pvp" thread.

Moving on.

Kirjava
12.29.2011 , 01:14 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Greyfeld View Post
Even though I don't agree with the OP's approach to this topic, I think world pvp is an important issue that needs to be addressed.

It's been said many times, but DAoC did it right. Darkness Falls was the best pvp concept any developer has put into a game, and the Star Wars universe has plenty of reasons to implement a similar construct. World pvp that gives both pvp and pve incentives benefits everybody.

I'm all for expanding pve (more flashpoints, more operations), but I speak as a player who only plays on pve servers when I say that pvp content should be encouraged, for the good of the entire game, not just for the hardcore pvp crowd.
This man speaks truth.
TORwiki-Edit Your Signature-Search-Ignore List--FAQ

Feel free to send me a pm if you need something explaining TORelated.

Lolliipopp
12.29.2011 , 01:17 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Pinia View Post
Ill just copy here my post from Sneek Peek thread:

"I dont think that new Instance and Raid is this that SWTOR needs in first big update.

Im was very happy that daspite this that i find this game HEAVILY based on WoW i found it also COMPLETELY different in gameplay style that WoW.

Sad thing that Bioware will follow very bad game expanding path... new instance after new instance (and raiding stuff) plus one cap increase addon per 2 years.

BORING.

Srsly guys... basides this that YOU CANT BEAT WOW BY SERVING MORE WOW you dont have other ideas?
Im really eager to see more storytelling, more planets, more fluff stuff, legacy system, REAL SPACE COMBAT not minigame, less linear quest paths, expanded player housing, expanded crafting (especially missions - they are boring lolz) NOT NEW FLASHPOINT (exciting! 1H OF GAMEPLAY THEN BORING FARM STATUS) and "oh look i have this Tier 678 Shoulders from generic raid boss XXX".

Just stick to things that makes this gme UNIQUE and FUN not generic instanced content that i play in RIFT, WOW, etc... and endless gear hunt.

Im not prophet but i think if you (bioware) will stick with adding flashpoints and vertical (tiered) content that will be abandoned right after next patch this game will fail like many before that follow this path (besides WoW ofc) and you pretty an handcrafted world will be ghost town as soon as players hit 50 and stic to "new flashpoint".

Bottom line.... new Flashpoint? Dissapointing and honestly (and sadly) predictable.

Thx."

Add heavy instancing, almost no World PvP bacause of these instancing and i clearly see another WOW copycat failure.
It will be just like RIFT - great Themepark MMORPG with cool new features completely wasted by focusing on tiered content upgrades that nobody cares after 1 week with endless gear hunt, fucusing on hardcore endgame raid-farmers minority, community destroying features like crossrealms LFG and poor technical execution (INSTANCING).

Dont go that way Bioware - as i say... you cant beat WoW by being like WoW.

You are.. BORING. All of your posts are flaming the game wich is BOOORING. I think you overuse the word BOORING.
| i5-2500k @ 4.3 GHz | NH-D14 | P67 Sabertooth | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX Blu | GTX 560ti | 2x Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD in RAID 0 | BitFenix Shinobi | ASUS Xonar Essence One DAC | Prodipe Pro5 |

Gleneagle
12.30.2011 , 02:04 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Greyfeld View Post

Darkness Falls was indeed fun PvP. Combination of running a graduated gauntlet of mobs and bosses and all the while watching for the other realms to break through with some overpowered whup***. Always kinda kept me alert anyway.

I don't think it would work quite as well with only two realms though.

We should consult with Mandalore.
The great oak is just one little nut who stood his ground.

Kusumura
12.31.2011 , 06:21 PM | #19
Yes, well. There's a huge problem with suggesting anything with this game.

TL;DR:
This is not the post you are looking for. You can go about your business. Move along, move along.

Star Wars: The Old Republic has been marketed towards around about twenty or so different gamer personality archetypes (Social, roleplayers, PvP'ers, PvE'ers, raiders, crafters, group players, solo players, single-game players, consolers, gatherers, story-liners, daily repeaters, questers, MMO-players, grinders, Min-Maxers, Objective-players, etc.). There is, essentially, no, "Majority," that I've been able to find by talking to everybody and striking up debates about the game in-game.

The problem doesn't appear too obvious right now, because most people are too busy focused on the levelling content as it is. Right now, it's an innovative stroke of genius to create a game that can meet the needs (JUST meet the expectations) of many of the gaming population. You really do have to take a closer look at what many of the complaint threads are about though, and the responses they get, and I'm paraphrasing here; "That's such a small thing, and it isn't game-breaking. Not worth Dev. time," "Oooh, yeah, because clearly it's soooo important for the Devs to work on the content that just you and a few of your friends want," "TLR. Your point trying to be you're worth more to the game than anyone else."
When you actually start talking about things you'd like to see in the game, or when somebody else suggests something, it's very interesting to sit back and watch the responses. Nobody has the same opinion, and that isn't because their unique: It's because the aren't in the same gaming personality group. It's only when someone finds a member of their own group that there are two coinciding opinions, and that's very rare in this game indeed. The usual drumroll in other games is, whenever somebody whines that what they want isn't in the game, everybody pounces on them and tells them to just get out of the game if they don't like it. In SW:TOR, however, everybody begins bickering with everyone else. No, no. There isn't a right and wrong side; EVERYBODY fights with EVERYONE. Each man to himself, to phrase it.

Is anyone spotting the problem yet? It isn't that SW:TOR has any disturbing direction, it's the complete lack of any, which is a penalty for satisfying the needs of the many. But that's not what anybody wants. They want their niche group to be focused on and expanded, which is just as perfectly justified as the next person to suggest more for the members of their group. Of course, not everybody can have their wants satisfied, which is fine. The game developers need to make a clear-cut choice of whom they are serving, and stick with them. Unless they do, it isn't that the game isn't fine and dandy - but every mistake they make will be a GLARING beacon.
Slicing wasn't a huge problem - the way the Developers handled it may have been a little heavy-handed, though. The mistake is a slight one, yet look at the response it warranted from the community at large - and please, don't forget to read the replies they receive. With nobody having their wants met, nobody is going to be happy for a long time, and when there's a negative change, it'll stick out like a sore thumb.

Not to mention that when one group receives more attention, it won't go unnoticed by all the other groups.

If you want a suggestion, Bioware, pick five groups, and don't go astray from providing content for only those ten, at least when you've just started and launched your first MMO. Don't worry - there's time later to pull in others, provided there's faith left in your game. Right now, Raiders, PvE'ers, daily questers, Single-game/Solo players and story-liners are where your content is aimed at - GOOD. Keep it there. And don't you DARE market it to other groups until you're ready to accept their new wants and demands of a game.

Everybody else, please leave the building. That's it. I'm not advocating anything about my personal tastes or preferences - but the fact of the matter is, if the game isn't meeting your wants as-is, go elsewhere. I'm sorry, really. But you shouldn't have been here in the first place, and it's only by a severely flawed marketing plan that you are (Myself included).

Thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kusumura
Before you ask a silly, easy question, click here to learn how to answer them yourself!
Starsider RP'er - calling all RP'ers to the cause!
CE VIP - Huff, huff, huff!

Gleneagle
01.01.2012 , 06:45 AM | #20
I think more than one of us fit into more than one of your 'types'.
The great oak is just one little nut who stood his ground.