Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Request - Legacy Rename

Goshee
12.23.2011 , 07:13 PM | #1
Note: I'm requesting a one off, free optional legacy rename for those of us who got shafted due to lack of information. I'm also requesting (this is more important than my first request) there to be more information about how the name can be displayed (in-game) prior to choosing and how using hyphens and apostrophes will negate any capitalised letter after it. This is to stop others making the same mistakes as I had done.

UPDATE - Someone submitted a ticked and was given this response:

Quote:
Submitted a ticket, they said they were working hard on implementing a function to change Legacy names in the future. So taking a droid at his word i guess we will see some way to change it down the road.
--------------------------------

Hi folks!

Would just like to know if at any point there will be a service to let us change our legacy name.

I was one of the early birds who hit level 30+ on my server when I did.. at this point there weren't a lot of other people who knew how the system worked and a lot of information given to me was incorrect.on the matter. For those of you who wish to learn more about it, please look at my newcomer guide to avoid making any mistakes. I did look on the forum but couldn't find anything with the search feature being down also. Anyway with that being said:

The description of how our Legacy name would be displayed is pretty much non existent. I for one (and many others) thought that If I chose to display it as a title it would be displayed as

The Legacy of [name]

Instead I found it to display as The [name] Legacy

I know what you are thinking, there isn't a massive difference but If you use a plural at the end of the first method It would make sense.

The Legacy of Apples - for example

But as it where... It turned out to be The Apples Legacy

If I would have known how this information was displayed, I would have dropped the S or put an apostrophe in there instead.

Other things include not telling us that capitalisation will revert to lower-case after a hyphen or apostrophe. People have just typed their name in how they want it and it has been changed to something they did not.

----

Having read other threads it seems people have also made mistakes due to the lack of information regarding it.

So, could we please get a service to alter our legacy name? And could you also provide more details as to how the name is displayed so others do not make the same mistake I and many others have done.

In my opinion, the legacy name change should be free due to lack of information on your part causing the mistakes in the first place. After a free wave has been sent out you could perhaps stop charging or stop the service entirely as the new information will help players choose correctly.

Thanks,

Goshee

----

If you support the idea then please leave a comment regarding your suggestions or experiences with the current service.

Wakwazu
12.23.2011 , 07:23 PM | #2
I would like this to be implemented too. I would also like to see character name changes and re-customization implemented.

I understand that due to the nature of the game a sex or race change may be overwhelming to not implement but simply changing where the sliders rest wouldn't affect anything.

Hopefully with little to know charge but a "cool-down" period would be understandable.

storebrossan
12.26.2011 , 02:39 PM | #3
yes plz

seventhprophet
12.26.2011 , 02:44 PM | #4
Would be a nice feature. Could be a useful credit sink in the game as well.

Zolfried
12.28.2011 , 06:07 AM | #5
agreed. i thought the legacy was fitted for each character seperately, not to all my characters, so i really want to rename that to something more appropriate.
Following WoW suit, they charged money for faction/race/face change.. and i wouldn't mind that.. a few extra dimes off my pocket is nothing compared to being haunted by this bad case of naming

Ludercrs
12.28.2011 , 07:02 PM | #6
the menu popped up and i didn't know what it was and what to put. I put in random letter thinking i could probably change it later to find out that I couldn't and now I have a random letters legacy name.

the information on Legacy when you receive it is NONE. there is nothing in the menu that comes up after Act1 that tells you what it is, only that its features will be implemented later.
Explaining that this is a Family name that can be used among characters is what I would've liked to see on the Question Mark of that menu.

please allow to change it.
Can I at least ticket this so i can get a proper name instead of the random letters?

kottonmouth
12.28.2011 , 07:03 PM | #7
sounds like allot of u should have done some more research.

Mithrundir
12.29.2011 , 08:17 PM | #8
Due to the lack of information about the Legacy System I also agree there should be an option to change it, atleast once.
Alomar - Republic Member
All Out Assault - Website/ Republic Recruitment Thread/ Sith Recruitment Thread
All Out Assault - Not just a guild...but a gaming community

hammerthyme
01.02.2012 , 05:40 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Mithrundir View Post
Due to the lack of information about the Legacy System I also agree there should be an option to change it, atleast once.
^This

I thought I was naming the story, and that it would be a written summary of the class storyline.

Leconv
01.10.2012 , 08:23 AM | #10
+1

Lack of warning, in game, that it would be shown after my caracter name, and the fact it is not renamable is a very bad move. This is a real let down and i, as a paying customer, is very pissed off at it.

You guys need to allow us either to change the legacy name or hide it on our caracter's name.