• [jumpto=SA]Shadow/Assassin[/jumpto]
  • [jumpto=SS]Sage/Sorcerer[/jumpto]
  • [jumpto=GS]Gunslinger/Sniper[/jumpto]
  • [jumpto=SO]Scoundrel/Operative[/jumpto]
  • [jumpto=VP]Vanguard/Powertech[/jumpto]
  • [jumpto=CM]Commando/Mercenary[/jumpto]

Introduction

Howdy Folks,

This is Dragonrand from Organized Chaos. To start, equip an Operations Training Dummy with an Armor Reduction Module and your choice of either the 1 million or 1.5 million heath modifier and kill it. Upload your combat log to Torparse.com and share the unedited link in this thread.

Leaderboard Rules

1. To qualify, kill either the 1 Million or the 1.5 Million hp Operations Training Dummy. The Armor Reduction Module is also required.
  2. Upload your combat log in Torparse.com and share the link in your post. Do not crop your parse.
  3. Post your DPS and your time in combat.
  4. Relics and adrenals are allowed and so are all 4 class buffs.
  5. Buffs from other players in the group such as inspiration are not allowed.
  6. Saboteur/Engineering parses will now have their own category and do not qualify for the All-Star category.
  7. Honorable Mention ( ) spots in the All-Star category is only available to Advanced Classes that did not make the leaderboard. Maximum of one Honorable Mention per advanced class.

Format

Parses are placed from fastest dummy kill time down to a threshold of 3 people per Advanced Class leaderboard. (Exception being All-Star Leaderboard of 5 people and Saboteur/Engineering Gunslingers/Snipers Leaderboard of 2 people)

: Advanced Class placed in All-Star

: Time to Kill (TtK)

s: Damage per Second

Italicized Name: Empire/Republic Player Character <Guild Tag>

[specialization] [Advanced Class]

Parse Submission

[Name] <[Guild]>
[spec] [Class]
[Dummy HP]
[Time to Kill], [Effective DPS#]
[Link] -> can be embedded into [DPS#]

example:

Kenji <Dead on Arrival>

Combat Medic Commando

1 million hp dummy

TTK: 8m24.918s, DPS: 1980.519

Also,

TorParse DPS is inaccurate, TTK is now the Basis for Leaderboard, Calculate Effective DPS by dividing dummy HP by your TTK in seconds.

Explanation:

If you guys have parsed with a parsing tool such as Parsec or MoX, it's easy to notice that the number shown on your parsing tool is higher than the one calculated on TorParse. This is due to TorParse cutting off the very last hit as the Combat Logs input the entry "ExitCombat" just before that last tick of damage, thus resulting in lower DPS output.

And why is this important? This means how big that "last hit" is will affect how your DPS is calculated according to TorParse. If a DoT did that last hit as opposed to a Master Strike tick doing that last hit, given the same amount of clear time, the parse last hit with a DoT will have roughly up to 20 to 30dps higher than the Master Strike last hit.

To make our leaderboard that reflects the most accurate DPS, our only hope lies within the Time to Kill. (In which I need to thank Neutrino for incorporating it in the last thread)

And here is what you can do to make my job easier:

Calculate your own effective DPS, as we can no longer use the number shown on TorParse. It is fairly simple to do:

1. Take your time and put it in terms of seconds (4min 30sec = 270sec)

2. Divide 1 million, or 1,000,000 by that time (Or 1.5 mil)

3. 1,000,000damage / 270sec = 3703.7 Damage per Second (DPS)

Challenging a Parse

If you believe that one of the posted logs was falsified, you can challenge it in this thread. Make sure that your claim presents a valid issue with the parse. If your parse is challenged, you must defend it. To defend your parse, invite a trustworthy player into your group and parse on the combat dummy for two minutes using only your basic attack (eg. Strike/Assault for Sentinel/Marauders). From this, it can be determined whether the parse was fake or not. Please make sure that you know the parse is fake.

==[ DPS Leaderboard ]==

[aname=AS]All-Star:[/aname]

[1 Million]

: 3m57.0ss: 4219.5 Megalesius <Kobra Kai's>, Assault Vanguard

: 3m57.0ss: 4219.4* Xenoph <Tomb of Sorrows>, Annihilation Marauder

: 4m00.7s s: 4154.2 Rava-lynn <Kobra Kai's>, Balance Shadow

: 4m03.7ss: 4104.2 Orazio <Dead on Arrival>, Watchman Sentinel

: 4m04.5s s: 4089.9 Dragonrand <Organized Chaos>, Balance Shadow

: 4m5.45ss: 4074.2* Seemirhage <Organized Chaos>, Assault Commando

: 4m05.5ss: 4073.0 Denisse <Dark Hunters>, Concealment Operative

: 4m11.8ss: 3971.3 Annoyed-dcw <Dark Clan Warriors>, Madness Sorcerer

: 4m16.40ss: 3900.9* Sycaro <Tomb of Sorrows>, Lethality Sniper

: 4m19.4s s: 3854.8 Kenta <Dead on Arrival>, Vigilance Guardian

[1.5 Million]

: 6m11.1ss: 4042.5 Megalesius <Kobra Kai's>, Assault Vanguard

: 6m12.9s s: 4022.2 Dragonrand <Organized Chaos>, Balance Shadow

: 6m13.0s s: 4021.4 Plàyful <Kobra Kai's>, Balance Shadow

: 6m32.2ss: 3824.6 Reynah <Dark Hunters>, Pyrotech Mercenary

: 6m35.55ss: 3792.1* Sycaro <Tomb of Sorrows>, Lethality Sniper

: 6m39.2ss: 3757.4 Klegriss <Kobra Kai's>, Balance Sage

: 6m40.2s s: 3748.0 Kenta <Dead on Arrival>, Vigilance Guardian

: 6m42.1ss: 3730.0 Hingoro <Kobra Kai's>, Watchman Sentinel

[jumpto=top]Leaderboard Index[/jumpto]

[aname=SM]Sentinels / Marauders:[/aname] 1㏕≋

[1 Million]

1. : 3m52.6ss: 4298.5* Gagoogin <Don't Worry Bout It>, Watchman Sentinel

2. : 3m57.0ss: 4219.4* Xenoph <Tomb of Sorrows>, Annihilation Marauder

3. : 4m03.7ss: 4104.2 Orazio <Dead on Arrival>, Watchman Sentinel

[1.5 Million]

1. : 6m09.3ss: 4061.4* Xenoph <Dark Hunters>, Annihilation Marauder

2. : 6m27.ss: 3871.0* AmyAuditore <Don't Worry Bout It>, Watchman Sentinel

3. : 6m42.1ss: 3730.0 Hingoro <Kobra Kai's>, Watchman Sentinel

[aname=GJ]Guardians / Juggernauts:[/aname]

[1 Million]

1. : 4m19.4s s: 3854.8 Kenta <Dead on Arrival>, Vigilance Guardian

2. : 4m23.7ss: 3792.9 Knightess <Quorum>, Vengeance Juggernaut

3. : 4m31.9s s: 3678.1 Corun <Infamous>, Vigilance Guardian

[1.5 Million]

1. : 6m40.2s s: 3748.0 Kenta <Dead on Arrival>, Vigilance Guardian

2. : 6m49.5ss: 3663.1 Knightess <Quorum>, Vengeance Juggernaut

2. : 7m07.8ss: 3506.0 Noxturna, Vengeance Juggernaut

[aname=SA]Shadows / Assassins:[/aname] 1㏕≋ 1½㏕≋

[1 Million]

1. : 4m00.7s s: 4154.2 Rava-lynn <Kobra Kai's>, Balance Shadow

2. : 4m04.5s s: 4089.9 Dragonrand <Organized Chaos>, Balance Shadow

3. : 4m11.9s s: 3970.0 Zuhara <Tomb of Sorrows>, Madness Assassin

[1.5 Million]

1. : 6m12.9s s: 4022.2 Dragonrand <Organized Chaos>, Balance Shadow

2. : 6m13.0s s: 4021.4 Plàyful <Kobra Kai's>, Balance Shadow

3. : 6m54.0s s: 3622.9 Zuhara <Tomb of Sorrows>, Madness Assassin

[aname=SS]Sages / Sorcerers:[/aname] 1½㏕≋

[1 Million]

1. : 4m11.8ss: 3971.3 Annoyed-dcw <Dark Clan Warriors>, Madness Sorcerer

2. : 4m13.3ss: 3947.9 Klegriss <Kobra Kai's>, Balance Sage

3. : 4m22.2ss: 3814.0* Amusicalimpulse <Aeternum Ascention>, Balance Sage

[1.5 Million]

1. : 6m39.2ss: 3757.4 Klegriss <Kobra Kai's>, Balance Sage

2. : 7m12.9ss: 3464.8 Kni-hawk <Organized Chaos>, Balance Sage

3. : 7m49.9ss: 3192.2 Archivist <Dead on Arrival>, Telekinetics Sage

[aname=GS]Gunslingers / Snipers:[/aname]

[1 Million]

1. : 4m16.40ss: 3900.9* Sycaro <Tomb of Sorrows>, Lethality Sniper

2. : 4m18.9ss: 3861.7* Packet <Organized Chaos>, Dirty Fighting Gunslinger

3. : 4m27.3ss: 3740.8* Cloake <Intrepidation>, Dirty Fighting Gunslinger

[1.5 Million]

1. : 6m32.8ss: 3819.7* Sycaro <Tomb of Sorrows>, Lethality Sniper

2. : 6m52.7ss: 3634.6* Packet <Organized Chaos>, Dirty Fighting Gunslinger

3. : 7m07.6ss: 3507.9 Pillowz <Kobra Kai's>, Dirty Fighting Gunslinger

Saboteur/Engineering:

[1 Million]

1. : 4m14.09ss: 3935.5* Sycaro <Tomb of Sorrows>, Engineering sniper

2. :s: Name <Guild Tag>, [specilization] [Advanced Class]

3. :s: Name <Guild Tag>, [specilization] [Advanced Class]

[1.5 Million]

1. :s: Name <Guild Tag>, [specilization] [Advanced Class]

[aname=SO]Scoundrels / Operatives:[/aname] 1㏕≋

[1 Million]

1. : 4m05.5ss: 4073.0 Denisse <Dark Hunters>, Concealment Operative

2. : 4m15.7ss: 3910.7* Sycaroo <Tomb of Sorrows>, Concealment Operative

3. : 4m17.4ss: 3885.1 Magiccamel <Don't Worry Bout It>, Scrapper Scoundrel

[1.5 Million]

1. :s: Name <Guild Tag>, [specilization] [Advanced Class]

[aname=VP]Vanguards / Powertechs:[/aname] 1㏕≋ 1½㏕≋

[1 Million]

1. : 3m57.0ss: 4219.5 Megalesius <Kobra Kai's>, Assault Vanguard

2. : 4m50.2ss: 3445.5 Xillin <Organized Chaos>, Assault Vanguard

3. : 5m31.2ss: 3019.0 Madelene <Dark Hunters>, Pyrotech Powertech

[1.5 Million]

1. : 6m14.7ss: 4003.4 Megalesius <Kobra Kai's>, Assault Vanguard

2. : 8m40.7ss: 2880.5 Madelene <Dark Hunters>, Pyrotech Powertech

3. : 9m24.7ss: 2656.1 Klehitt <Don't Worry Bout It>, Assault Vanguard

[aname=CM]Commandos / Mercenaries:[/aname] 1½㏕≋

[1 Million]

1. : 4m5.45ss: 4074.2* Seemirhage <Organized Chaos>, Assault Commando

2. : 4m07.4ss: 4042.0 Reynah <Dark Hunters>, Pyrotech Mercenary

3. : 4m26.6ss: 3751.0 Jazno <Quorum>, Pyrotech Mercenary

[1.5 Million]

1. : 6m29.3ss: 3853.2* Seemirhage <Organized Chaos>, Assault Commando

2. : 6m32.2ss: 3824.6 Reynah <Dark Hunters>, Pyrotech Mercenary

3. : 6m46.8ss: 3687.0 Jazno <Quorum>, Pyrotech Mercenary

Edited by dragonrand

Hey all so as im sure yall noticed im not kenji :(. But as im sure most of you know he will not be running the Thread anymore so he is passing it on to me. I have never done anything like this before so please be patient with me while I figure it all out.

Also there was a lot of parses that did not get updated on the previous thread so just go ahead and re post the best parse out of the ones that did not get posted. Finally if you see/think of anything I missed feel free to let me know :cool: thanks.

Lets give it until next Monday if its not up by then ill accept a screenshot until you can provide the torparse link.

Also some people have asked me about using AMR profiles but since 3.0 isn't that far away Ive decided to make it optional. If you do want to make a profile to show your spec and gearing I will post that along with your parse. Most all the other leader boards use it so it isn't a bad idea to create a profile, plus you get to show off all your gear :)

I'm fine with waiting until Monday but if it is still not up then this is the screenshot I will be posting along with everything else that is required (TTK, DPS, HP) http://assets.enjin.com/wall_embed_images/1412712022_bandicam-2014-10-07-15-47-06-044.jpg

Edit: got the screenshot larger using enjin instead.

Edited by AbashedDuk

I feel like the BC dps boards are a far ways away from the quality of other server boards I've seen in terms of participation, seriousness and management from the leaderboard holder. AMRs are actually used to spot check damage values in the parse from what you actually have gear-wise, to avoid people from fudging or editing their parses if they come into question. Otherwise I can edit all my damage values up or adjust them manually and you have nothing to calculate expected values from.

Also, even if torparse comes back online, how are you going to deal with the companion glitch? As people are receiving 2x bonus from the agent companions, it seems like all new parses don't necessarily reflect the actual dps, as some have the companions unlocked and others don't.

Parsing, while fun and all, seems like its a rather complicated minigame to actually police and manage. It is great for learning rotations and having world best players share rotations and builds, but a competition for "the absolute best dps" is really subjective and easily cheated on, and has no real bearing on in game performance.

We have a month until 3.0, I imagine you'll be starting a brand new board then, and if so, will you make any adjustments? In terms of rules with AMRs, adrenals, etc. or will you follow the world leaderboard examples? I've seen some discussion on a 1.5mil dummy being more applicable for 3.0, especially since even now many classes have to adjust resource management switching from a 4:30 fight to a 8 to 10 minute fight.

In general, it seems a little weird to pass of this board in the twilight of 2.XX as most guilds are stagnating (more so after yesterday I imagine: POWERLEVELING FTW) in progress, unless the intent was to finish off getting our top parsers their marks in 2.10 so we can compare 3.0 more.

Edited by bluecheesebandit

I'm fine with waiting until Monday but if it is still not up then this is the screenshot I will be posting along with everything else that is required (TTK, DPS, HP) http://assets.enjin.com/wall_embed_images/1412712022_bandicam-2014-10-07-15-47-06-044.jpg

Edit: got the screenshot larger using enjin instead

I would definitely be interested in an AMR, combat log, and knowing whether or not you had companion bonuses glitched with this.

Very nice parse though. 46.5% crit rate.

I would definitely be interested in an AMR, combat log, and knowing whether or not you had companion bonuses glitched with this.

Very nice parse though. 46.5% crit rate.

Level some more toons syc. :p

If this companion glitch you talk about hasn't been fixed yet then I will gladly upload a picture of my stats in game but im not in the mood to make an AMR profile unless an AMR is the only way to prove I didn't have a glitched comp bonus

Edited by AbashedDuk

If this companion glitch you talk about hasn't been fixed yet then I will gladly upload a picture of my stats in game but im not in the mood to make an AMR profile

I was not questioning the validity of your parse by suggesting AMRs be used, merely curious as to what gear you had on.

The companion bonuses have not been fixed, so if this parse was done in the last week or two (not sure the exact timeline) it would be glitched, and unfairly weighted up against the rest of the parses on the board, assuming you have agent companions maxxed for affection. If dragonrand wants to include it, that is his prerogative, I was merely asking the question. For raiding, I've taken out an accuracy augment because companions now give me +2% accuracy. Something like this is very easy to spot in game.

I was not questioning the validity of your parse by suggesting AMRs be used, merely curious as to what gear you had on.

The companion bonuses have not been fixed, so if this parse was done in the last week or two (not sure the exact timeline) it would be glitched, and unfairly weighted up against the rest of the parses on the board, assuming you have agent companions maxxed for affection. If dragonrand wants to include it, that is his prerogative, I was merely asking the question. For raiding, I've taken out an accuracy augment because companions now give me +2% accuracy. Something like this is very easy to spot.

I see what you mean now. I got my companion buff from my Jedi knight. the only agent comp I have maxed right now is loken and he buffs presence I can take a screenshot of my achievments if needed

Another comment: if this is going to be a 2.10 board, for the engineering sniper area, are you going to wipe it and start anew? The wallbanging feature was tweaked. That goes for other classes/specs as well if any others received a nerf.

And are multiple specs areas going to be added as well other than that for other classes? While they don't parse the highest, a sense of the dps of other specs would be cool I think. I saw a 3700 deception sin parse on another board, I think adding a section might help legitimize that even if a spec is FOTM, having something to compare it to would be neat.

Here is the proof that I don't have the agent buffs http://assets.enjin.com/wall_embed_images/1412714611_bandicam-2014-10-07-16-42-17-899.jpg

I hit 3900 without the glitched buffs. Yes I had good RNG but it doesn't change the fact that the parse is NOT glitched :D

I got my companion buffs from my jedi knight

Edited by AbashedDuk

In general, it seems a little weird to pass of this board in the twilight of 2.XX as most guilds are stagnating (more so after yesterday I imagine: POWERLEVELING FTW) in progress, unless the intent was to finish off getting our top parsers their marks in 2.10 so we can compare 3.0 more.

Allow me to answer this part for you:

I had plans for 3.0, but due to unforeseen circumstances (Leaving BC was not part of the plan until later), my stay on BC was shortened. Funnily enough, I decided to pass the threads on October 5th, which is the first anniversary for my progression thread, in hopes of a closure. And, of course, the 3.0 announcements were made 1 day after.

With TORParse being down for over a month, I was unable to update any parses. Therefore, to my regret, I had to pass the thread before I could do any final updates. Your suggestion with AMR came only a little too late.

Of course, everything's up to Dragonrand now, surely a compromise can be made within the community, as it always have.

Ok so clearly there is a feeling that changes are needed in how the Tread is run which i am completely open to in the future. But with 3.0 so close and all the changes it will bring I don't think that it makes sense to require people to provide an AMR profile, especially when all the current ranked parses did not require one, even though it leaves open the potential for people to abuse the system. Maybe im wrong but I think the best solution is to keep things the way Kenji had them.

About the Saboteur/Engineering question I was under the impression that ever since rollbang was fixed that no one was parsing/using it in operations. But if i am mistaken then yes it would make sense to wipe the 2.7 records and start over.

As for 3.0 I haven't really had time to think of what changes to make ( I do think that may be a good time to start requiring AMR profiles ). But its important to keep in mind that we are an RP server and we have so very few raiders/parsers as it is that having too many requirements might scare away the few people who do post. But I will be doing research to find out what we can do to make everyone happy.

Thanks for the feedback let me know if i missed anything.

Ok so clearly there is a feeling that changes are needed in how the Tread is run which i am completely open to in the future.

I am one person and many others may not think much of the stuff I have to say is valid, so don't refer to me as "a feeling" haha. I'm one person and I really don't parse all that much anyway.

As for 3.0 I haven't really had time to think of what changes to make ( I do think that may be a good time to start requiring AMR profiles ).

You don't need to require AMR profiles at all if you want to keep a more open and lackadaisical feeling to it. That's totally up for you and how you feel the community would like to see this thread go. After all, the most competitive raiders can also post their parses to the world leaderboards.

But its important to keep in mind that we are an RP server and we have so very few raiders/parsers as it is that having too many requirements might scare away the few people who do post.

And if you want to keep this casual, that's totally fine. This doesn't have to be a "best dps in the game" kind of deal. However, if you do keep it more casual, I think you may want to expand it in terms of how many people you list. The top three is much more elitist, if we never even see #4 on the board. If its just a show and tell, why not post everyone's parse?

But I will be doing research to find out what we can do to make everyone happy.

I think you might want to look at the possibility of google doc spreadsheets for 3.0. I really like the way the world dps leaderboard is laid out and I feel like the current format, while colorful, its a bit cluttered for my tastes. If you move to spreadsheets, you'll also be able to more easily include more people's parses on the boards. The main reason I could see only including 3 now is that the lists would be long and tiresome to scroll down past. If its just a sheet in a google doc, the problem is resolved.

Thank you for taking this over and being open to my critiques. Please, like everything, take what I have to say with a grain of salt and make the decision you think is most beneficial to the community (of which I am only one member).

About the Saboteur/Engineering question I was under the impression that ever since rollbang was fixed that no one was parsing/using it in operations. But if i am mistaken then yes it would make sense to wipe the 2.7 records and start over.

I have a nice 3900 engineering parse here that is after the damage changes and im pretty sure that me and camels still use it at least in some boss fights but not all. If used properly covered escape does more damage then before (as long as you hit 2+ people with both bombs).

Edited by AbashedDuk

I am one person and many others may not think much of the stuff I have to say is valid, so don't refer to me as "a feeling" haha. I'm one person and I really don't parse all that much anyway.

Well your the only one whose commented about it but a couple other people have sent me messages saying they would like to see them used. I just need to figure out a way to find out what the rest of the community feels ( not really sure how atm since i don't know many of the parsers in game. )

I also had that same thought about the spreadsheet because I love how kenji has it set up but it is very complicated at least for me to manage and a spreadsheet would be way more simple.

And Sycaro I will erase the 2.7 Sabo parses so go nuts :p.

Well your the only one whose commented about it but a couple other people have sent me messages saying they would like to see them used. I just need to figure out a way to find out what the rest of the community feels ( not really sure how atm since i don't know many of the parsers in game. )

I also had that same thought about the spreadsheet because I love how kenji has it set up but it is very complicated at least for me to manage and a spreadsheet would be way more simple.

And Sycaro I will erase the 2.7 Sabo parses so go nuts :p.

Oh, I have a whole bunch of parses waiting for when torparse is fixed I have 1 mill and 1.5 mill for snipers 1 mill in ENG and 1 mill in operative.

Since Torparse isn't up yet ill will be allowing parses with screenshots of parsec. However make sure that you show the damage breakdown also keep in mind that if there are any large differences in your damage breakdown from previous parses I'm not gonna accept the submission until torparse is back up just to prevent any cheating. Additionally once torparse is up if a link is not provided within 2 days the parse will be removed.

Sycaro <Tomb of Sorrows>

Lethality Sniper

1 mill dummy

TTK: 4:16.404 DPS: 3900.09

Screenshot: http://assets.enjin.com/wall_embed_images/1413315952_bandicam-2014-10-07-15-47-06-044.jpg

Sycaro <Tomb of Sorrows>

Lethality Sniper

1.5 mill dummy

TTK: 6:35.555 DPS: 3792.14

Screenshot: http://assets.enjin.com/wall_embed_images/1413316147_bandicam-2014-10-14-15-48-45-369.jpg

Sycaro <Tomb of Sorrows>

Engineering Sniper

1 mill dummy

TTK: 4:14.095 DPS: 3935.53

Screenshot: http://assets.enjin.com/wall_embed_images/1413316203_bandicam-2014-10-14-15-49-43-004.jpg

Sycaroo <Tomb of Sorrows>

Concealment Operative

1 mill dummy

TTK: 4:15.705 DPS: 3910.75

Screenshot: http://assets.enjin.com/wall_embed_images/1413316264_bandicam-2014-10-14-15-50-42-930.jpg