Maintenance: October 2nd, 2014

TaitWatson

Hey everyone!

On October 2nd, all game servers and SWTOR.com will be unavailable as we perform scheduled maintenance. Game Update 2.10.1a will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Thursday October 2nd, 2014

Duration: 2 hours

Time: 3AM PDT (10AM GMT) - 5AM PDT (12PM GMT)

This patch will address an issue with Legacy Cooldown perks. Formal Patch Notes will be available October 2nd.

During maintenance, all updates and additional information will be posted on our Twitter account. Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Edited by TaitWatson

This is great news. I personally would be curious as to what is causing this problem, considering it has appeared more than once.

It is also notable that when copying over characters to PTS Legacy unlocks made with coins do not transfer, but credit paid unlocks do. There seems to be some kind of base issue with the Legacy system and how it is linked to the CM/CC system.

Yay, another patch in the middle of our raid time... seriously, can you schedule these things outside of AEST prime time!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yeah they can't cater everyone. It would mean something negative for others ... some people are so only caring about theirselves.

An APAC raid night lost so that people doing their crappy dailies aren't too inconvenienced with travelling around.

GG.

Could've waited till next Tuesday when we don't schedule things. Do we get bonus conquest points for losing a night of conquest too?

An APAC raid night lost so that people doing their crappy dailies aren't too inconvenienced with travelling around.

GG.

Could've waited till next Tuesday when we don't schedule things. Do we get bonus conquest points for losing a night of conquest too?

But I thought you Aussies raid every Tuesday. Isn't that also a bit selfish?

It's okay, if you need 30 minutes to complete dailies on Black Hole/CZ/Section X. We are not going to judge you.

Edited by Halinalle

Yeah they can't cater everyone. It would mean something negative for others ... some people are so only caring about theirselves.

True, the problem is maintenance is usually ALWAYS during AEST primetime. Some might argue this is because it is when there are the least amount of people online, which might be true, but IMO APAC players are the only ones who can complain about server maintenance schedules. We repeatedly get the short end of the stick and when another timezone has to have their raids cancelled because some chumps in another region don't want to wait an extra 10 minutes for their quicktravel to come off CD, they better just suck it up because welcome to our world #thestruggleisreal. This isn't a game breaking issue, they should've just waited until Tuesday to fix it.

Edited by MsMalice

extra 10 minutes for their quicktravel to come off CD, they better just suck it up because welcome to our world #thestruggleisreal. This isn't a game breaking issue, they should've just waited until Tuesday to fix it.

- Cooldown of QT is now 30 minutes.

- Default cooldown of QT is 25 minutes.

- It's possible to reduce cooldown of QT to 10 minutes through legacy perks.

- Some of us have used real money to get those perks instead of free coins through Refer a Friend (I know there are players who exploit this).

Did you mean "extra 20 minutes"?

Edited by Halinalle

APAC players already lost extra conquest time on Tuesday maintenance as the servers did not come back up again till long after we were all asleep.

Now we will lose a raid night and more conquest points due to downtime that really only fixing issues that have minimal impact on the game.

We do not mind extra maintenance if it fixes larger issues like server stability or completely broken mechanics.

I think most people could live without this patch till Tuesday maintenance and be quite happy with a formal post stating so.

APAC players already lost extra conquest time on Tuesday maintenance as the servers did not come back up again till long after we were all asleep.

Now we will lose a raid night and more conquest points due to downtime that really only fixing issues that have minimal impact on the game.

We do not mind extra maintenance if it fixes larger issues like server stability or completely broken mechanics.

I think most people could live without this patch till Tuesday maintenance and be quite happy with a formal post stating so.

not to mention alot of apac groups raid on a wed/thurs when the f***up patches are done

ride mah speeder for 2 minutes??? No. MUST SHUT DOWN SERVER NOW.

APAC guilds strategically don't organise things for Tuesdays as we know there is always a 50/50 chance of maintenance and we don't mind, but for a ****** little issue like this? And I'm pretty sure all APAC subs amount to more profit for the company than some minor legacy perk.

And if QT is such a huge issue for non-APAC players then the maintenance should've been done during your peak time.

I'd love to know why this keeps happening tbh, thats at least 3 times already this year for the same issue. Is there a QA issue with specifics on patching?

I mean, something must be being done consistantly for the same issue to appear repeatedly.

TBH, I think all this complaining could be solved by doing one of the following, either get over it, or unsub. It really comes down to that. If you are so unhappy about being unable to raid for 2 hours, then unsub, otherwise, I say it's not worth complaining about, really it just gives APAC players a bad name. And believe me, this doesn't effect only APAC, I'm someone who stays up late during APAC times, as a matter of fact, I'm reading this stupid forum post just because the server shut down when I would like to be doing stuff. I understand the frustration, but this happens once in a blue moon, not a weekly basis. If that is too much for you to handle, then unsub, otherwise, get over it.

It's the same for the europeans - this stupid middle of day/prime time maintenance. I just checked the world clock you posted. Its 5am in Dallas and 7am in New York. Not exactly prime time for you americans is it?

If they move it back by 4 hours - that's 1am Dallas, 3am New York, 7am London and 4pm Melbourne. Much fairer.

It's always prime time somewhere...

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

The Americas and Europe make up the majority of people playing this game, there is plenty of time between these two demographics to patch and not be in the Australasia prime time.

No, there are other reasons, mainly to do with staff availability for the server work which dictates the limited window they have.