Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SH Decoration interface designer should be FIRED.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
SH Decoration interface designer should be FIRED.

Velarax
09.28.2014 , 10:25 AM | #1
THE SINGLE most INCOMPETENT interface in the game (and SWTOR menus, crafting, etc. are HORRIBLE .. no search feature???) But the SH decoration interface gets the prize for most horrible.

First, the interface tries to "guess" what you want to place on a hook, even if the item YOU had in mind is on another menu. The menu oftens reverts to show all items, instead of what YOU picked, which was, show unlocked. If I put a chair in one place, and click on a hook next to it, the menu shifts to the last item placed in a similar hook, even if it has NOTHING to do with what you're doing. There is NO SEARCH FEATURE!!!!!! If I select a category, like "furniture," and put a couch down, when I next click on a hook, the menu switches to tables, or chairs... or whatever.

HOW ABOUT you just leave the effin menu ALONE??? Give players the option to turn off the auto-sort, because it SUCKS. It is counter-intuitive, and I find myself cursing the interface and whatever person or persons are responsible for creating it.

Seriously, go play WOW and figure out how to do menu interfaces. SHEESH.

Theeko
09.28.2014 , 10:41 AM | #2
I don't know about the interface but I had no problems decorating my houses, its pretty simple to navigate tbh, but can also be weird at sometimes when you used up all the current item and have to sort by available instead but thats the only setback I have with it.

Kulyok
09.29.2014 , 03:39 AM | #3
It's absolutely horrible and inconvenient, yeah. I'm decorating my third stronghold now, and it's a huge pain when you're switching between the types of hooks. Every. Single. Time. I want a search function, I want no auto-switching between categories/show, and I'd like to be able to shift-click each decoration in decoration menu to show it in chat.
Free subscription for 7 days, extra inventory tab and more through Friends of SWTOR program, my link: http://www.swtor.com/r/kvLxZh

Deewe
10.01.2014 , 03:30 PM | #4
The items category switching is indeed bad.

Using hooks was already not convenient but now it's annoying.

It makes me think of the character sorting on the login screen, wish they left that alone.

When they try to think for the player they do it wrong and makes things more troublesome
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

BenduKundalini
10.21.2014 , 08:13 PM | #5
It's especially bad for trophies.

I was surprised to see I still had a few trophies, on Dromund Kaas, when my list on Coruscant was desperately blank. And then I realized the interface had just decided to show only operation bosses. Cause, y'know, Flashpoint bosses kinda suck.

You choose FP bosses. Next hook? Ooooh, look Timmy, it's reverted to OPERATIONS trophies again.

Theeko
10.21.2014 , 08:29 PM | #6
It could use work yeah, but for now I see hardly any problems with it Iv'e decorated all 4 houses with no problems at all.

Gentleman_snow
10.23.2014 , 03:05 PM | #7
I don't have an issue with it. Perhaps suggest a solution?
Ahsoka Tano is my spirit animal.
BIOWARE: THANK YOU FOR THERAN SHAN IN KOTFE .
Master Savarash Kholm on the Harbinger

GalaxyStrong
10.23.2014 , 05:37 PM | #8
Fired and never allowed to work for another game company ever again!!!!!

BTW - your new patch ruined my medical droids rendering my med station in my StrongHold completely useless.

THANKS BIO-FAIL
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

Velarax
10.23.2014 , 06:32 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by GalaxyStrong View Post
Fired and never allowed to work for another game company ever again!!!!!

BTW - your new patch ruined my medical droids rendering my med station in my StrongHold completely useless.

THANKS BIO-FAIL

Meh, use your fab droids or Felusia for a vendor. and repair. The med droids only sold low-level crap anyway. I do hope they fix the med droid NPCs BUT.... the BEST thing about yesterday's patch?

You can now place 25 actual NPCs including companions and vendors, dancers, bartenders, etc. independently of minipets and live mounts!

zaskar
10.24.2014 , 01:42 AM | #10
Please don't start tossing out *JOB TITLE* should be fired.

Because, the designer did their job, the design works well. The implementation is what is broken. I think they tried to use code from the GTN and it does not work the same.