Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please offer a smaller-sized, lower cost guild flagship for smaller guilds.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Please offer a smaller-sized, lower cost guild flagship for smaller guilds.

KevMeup
11.11.2014 , 11:33 AM | #11
You can get to 50 mil if you make it a goal. It's really not that hard.

Lets say your guild has 5 active people... Each one of those can make at least 1 mil a week just doing some dailies. We've had more than 10 conquest weeks since it was released. If you don't have a flagship yet, you really don't care about having it.

It's a guild flagship, rally your troops, get the guild working on it. Run some ops or flashpoints together and sell the decos for the flagship. If you can't get 4 people to run some flashpoints together or work on the guild ship together, theres no need for a flagship.
Kevgent - <Show Me Your Crits> - The Harbinger
My companion parses over 5k dps in HM Star Fortress, does yours?
Companion Use and Optimization Guide

_Lionheart_
11.18.2014 , 10:08 AM | #12
"If you can't get 4 people to run some flashpoints together or work on the guild ship together, theres no need for a flagship."

Very good point. At this moment, I've been hammering the concept of doing loot runs, selling goods, and bank deposits so that we can reach the 50mil for my guild (currently at 15 unique players...average 4 to 5 on at any given time. If I have to advocate that hard, but it's not instinct for all...then maybe I'm the only one who is excited about it...and probably will find myself alone on the ship trying to head to a conquest.

Anyone interested in merging on Ebon Hawk, hit me up!
Toon: Resident'evil
Alliance: Empire.
Guild: <Deadman's Hand>
Residentevi'l, Guild Leader
<Deadman's Hand>
Ebon Hawk

Silverspar
11.22.2014 , 01:42 AM | #13
Me and my guildies discussed the guild flagship, and frankly, we came to the opinion it isn't worth the time, especially for something with way too much space on it. If it had unique features like maybe terminals for missions and flashpoint/operation hook ins or ability to set up vendors for Pve/PvP gear then I could see a value in it, but otherwise just setting up a house and giving everyone a key is good enough for guild stuff since I can place all the items I need in there and people can use that without issue.

Edit:
As far as a smaller ship, say the Corellian Cruiser or the Imperial Destroyer, I could go for it as long as it doesn't have a ton of wasted space and at least gives a guild bonus for planetary conquest, maybe not as much as the huge ships, but realistically, a small guild doesn't have a chance to beat out a dedicated large guild anyways. But to have some opportunity to gain bonuses would be nice.

SplashNOR
11.22.2014 , 10:02 PM | #14
I added a reply to this suggestion; http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...9&postcount=34 ; at the "The Next Major Thing You Want Added"-thread within the Suggestion box forum.

Basically to add PvE to Galactic Starfighter, and here the smaller Guildship(s) could be used for missions (ops-groups or guild). So, you could decorate your own invasion-force corvette and use it for missions. The drawback is that it needs to have some basic stuff already added for it to work for the missions.

AshlaBoga
11.23.2014 , 02:05 AM | #15
The only point to smaller flagships would be if they changed the Top 10 Leaderboard to a Top 25 Leaderboard. In which case smaller guilds would have a chance.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Silverspar
11.23.2014 , 01:47 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
The only point to smaller flagships would be if they changed the Top 10 Leaderboard to a Top 25 Leaderboard. In which case smaller guilds would have a chance.
I don't think smaller guilds or even larger guilds, give a flip about conquest anymore. Smaller guilds just want a place that isn't so ridiculously sized that filling it is a hopeless endeavor, but still feel like they are apart of the imperial fleet. Sure they can take a standard stronghold and make it a guild stronghold, but then that makes it feel more like some militia or rogue group instead of actually being apart of the Republic or Imperial armies.

footb
11.23.2014 , 08:18 PM | #17
what if the only active members are low lvl and need to raise money for gear

Silverspar
11.23.2014 , 10:26 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by footb View Post
what if the only active members are low lvl and need to raise money for gear
You make money faster doing quests and dailies than doing conquest.

DEATHICIDE
11.25.2014 , 08:24 PM | #19
The whole need for 50 members thing is sort of silly anyhow.

On B Colony, you have to wonder just how many of these guilds could even exist at the same time without running out of players.

This set up pretty much is destined to end up with the same one or two guilds ruling everything.

50 active members is pretty insane, even 25 feels a bit large.

Also, 50,000,000 ????

Sounds good in theory, but without the player base, this is pretty much destined to become a two party race unless there is an option for smaller guilds, along with a price tag that doesn't make everyone throw their hands up and say not worth the time.
Republic Diehard-Imperial Diehard-Founder Of The Old Republic

The Most Valuable - Devastator - Fleet Admiral - Space Magnate

kingdomheartless
11.26.2014 , 06:04 AM | #20
i agree. on this since there are alot of small guilds to.
we should consider getting. A (25MILLION) GUILDSHIP AND IF U WANT TO UPGRADE it costs: 50million @guildship?

WARLORDS
OPS ASSISTANT LEADER
LEADER: SAVAGONIXON
OPS FPS DAILIES HELP