Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please offer a smaller-sized, lower cost guild flagship for smaller guilds.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Please offer a smaller-sized, lower cost guild flagship for smaller guilds.

Velarax
09.24.2014 , 03:24 PM | #1
Most guilds in this game are smaller size. How bout making a smaller guild flagship available to such guilds? You could restrict it to a certain number membership; if the guild ever grows beyond it, it will have to cough up to expand to the larger ship.

As it is, it's not worth it to our guild to spend 50 million; we also opted not to get a guild stronghold, since the only apparent advantage is that all guild members can rearrange/place furnishings. We decided instead to get a Tatooine SH and our tiny little guild membership each picked a room for which they picked and contributed furnishings, whilst the gold key holder placed the items as directed. Common areas were designed by all members.

We would LOVE to do a flagship, but the present options are both too costly and too huge for us. Perhaps BIOWARE could offer a smaller option?

TrinityLyre
09.24.2014 , 03:28 PM | #2
This could probably be done with the Thranta Corvette and Terminus Destroyer. *shrug*
Anastasie / Phytia The Bastion
Respected and Despised & Insert Guild Name Here
Check out my Galactic Starfighter Compendium and contribute!

DalekTheCat
09.24.2014 , 04:21 PM | #3
I fully support the implementation of Guild Transport Shuttles so that nobody feels left out.

QuoliShaleek
11.06.2014 , 10:49 AM | #4
/signed

I support this fully. Definitely needs to be included - my Guildies and I are dying to get a Guild Ship, but the simple matter is that it's too big, too expensive and needs 50 Guild members - I would love to see this happen. The hammerhead class ship, especially.
TERALLIAN

Dark Lord of the Colicoids.

ItachiZaku
11.07.2014 , 12:57 PM | #5
Yeah, I would say maybe allow the smaller guild ships to be allowed to invade only some planets, not all, while the Dreadnaughts etc for larger guilds can invade all. Or even the smaller ships only can invade a city location? I dunno, shouldn't be allowed full on same abilities, but should be able to do something.
"Be careful Preston. You're treading on my dreams. "

TheWookiee
11.07.2014 , 01:15 PM | #6
What would be cool is to offer several different size and cost space ships for the guild to purchase and unlock so your guild could have it's own fleet rather than just one flagship.

This would give the smaller guilds a choice in more affordable guild ships for entry into conquests and add something else for the larger guilds to work towards. Win-Win IMO.

azudelphi
11.07.2014 , 01:41 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
Yeah, I would say maybe allow the smaller guild ships to be allowed to invade only some planets, not all, while the Dreadnaughts etc for larger guilds can invade all. Or even the smaller ships only can invade a city location? I dunno, shouldn't be allowed full on same abilities, but should be able to do something.
Quite frankly, and this was discussed for a long time prior to their release, a guild that is incapable of organizing to raise 50 mil credits will essentially never place on any planet.
Former Member of Squadron 367 - . = God
Seriously, who would shamelessly promote a Suggestion Thread in their signature? Armor Effects Star Fortress - Recharge Terminals Episodic Content - Episodic Operations
Here is the info: Referal Info - Here is the link: Referal Link

Velarax
11.10.2014 , 10:13 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by azudelphi View Post
Quite frankly, and this was discussed for a long time prior to their release, a guild that is incapable of organizing to raise 50 mil credits will essentially never place on any planet.

Perhaps, but smaller guilds should not be excluded from getting a guild ship. There isn't a large enough player base throughout the world on SWTOR to make this guild conquest thing really hot anyway.

vulturefett
11.10.2014 , 11:27 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by azudelphi View Post
Not true. In the conquests that have a large number of planets to invade I have seen it end with some of them not having 10 guilds on the boards. So conceivably a small guild that can't raise that kind of cash could make it to the boards.

BrianDavion
11.11.2014 , 01:10 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by vulturefett View Post
Not true. In the conquests that have a large number of planets to invade I have seen it end with some of them not having 10 guilds on the boards. So conceivably a small guild that can't raise that kind of cash could make it to the boards.
I suppose it depends on your server, but on mine we only ever saw an empty spot on the total warfare week.