Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Juggernaut Leveling

Malvenom
12.23.2011 , 05:56 PM | #1
Juggernaut Leveling.

How has the community found Jugg Leveling (slow,med, fast)?

I ask because I am wondering if I should go with a DPS skill tree and then switch off @ later levels when I'm ready to tank. Or should I focus my leveling around doing Flashpoints and Heroics (and of course class quest) ?

I'm just so torn between going DPS or Tank for my Sith Warrior, and so close to hitting level 10 to make that all important choice.

LadyKoketsu
12.23.2011 , 05:59 PM | #2
I've had no problems leveling as an immortal spec'd juggernaught. Just remember to keep vettes gear up to date and she will be your main dmg source while you do what immortal juggernaughts do best (tank).

Malvenom
12.23.2011 , 06:08 PM | #3
Part of the appeal of playing a sith warrior was having a healing companion early on (ie Quinn around lvl 20ish from Balmora).

I orginally made a Sith Inquisitor to tank but dont like the mechanics, love the story.

My IA/Sniper loving the story, but being purely dps is not my passion.

I miss tanking, I have always loved tanking. And thus my attempts now to the Sith Warrior.

Will I do enough dmg as a tank so that my companion can dps the crap out of everything, or do enough dmg as a tank that my companion can just heal me through it all?

Brene
12.23.2011 , 08:05 PM | #4
Love the SW story, but my leveling is much slower than my GS.

rasteik
12.24.2011 , 12:20 AM | #5
I feel the Jugg is not too bad for leveling. It is centered around the Smash, Sundering, Force Charge, Force Scream and Force Choke abilities. It took me a while to understand that you have to build up rage and then unleash attacks on your opponent (lol). Also using Saber Ward as your saber block like in SWG. But, after tinkering I found Jugg rewarding. Consequently, Defeaning Defense helps you later as well as ruin which takes the rage cost away for Smash. Jugg is all about timing and knowing your enemy. It may be a little more of a challenge compared to some other classes, but with time i'm sure jugg will be considered a decent class. A balance of both the Immortal/Vengeance Skill Trees Works Best. I am putting 27 points into Vengeance and 14 points into Immortal. What I noticed helps as well is leaving points out of Shii-Cho and putting them into Soresu Form.

Sith Warrior - Hybrid Juggernaut Template

This is a template I found on the web. It is a mix between assault and defense for those that want DPS, but not to be too squishy.
-Etana Mashimoto

Malvenom
12.24.2011 , 10:29 AM | #6
I appreciate all the feedback. I have been reading a few other posts as well. And it seems Jugg is what I'm looking for.

Thank you all to who replied

Wargames
12.24.2011 , 11:18 AM | #7
I'm currently leveling (35) as Immortal Jugg. I'd rate it as medium. Not the greatest DPS, but with Quinn out to heal ya' there's very little downtime. Although I've started using Jaesea the last 2 days and I'm very impressed with her DPS output. Mobs are dying a lot faster, but I am healing myself more in between fights. Fare trade-off though.
"Hehehehehe, the giant chicken's Boba Fett.."