Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Starfighter Records (2.8+) continued

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Galactic Starfighter Records (2.8+) continued

Fractalsponge
09.17.2014 , 06:31 AM | #1
Galactic Starfighter Records (2.8+)
(Last Updated: 8/13/15)

Thanks to Camelpockets for running the previous 2.8+ thread. This continues directly from that, and uses the same rules.

Welcome folks! Due to recent class and game changes, this thread will only accept records AFTER the 2.8 patch.

Here are the old record boards if anyone would like to look at these:
Galactic Starfighter Records (2.8+) (original)
Galactic Starfighter Records (2.7+)
The original Starfighter Records (by paowee)

Rules:
1. Only the player's best record in a category will be accepted. No player can hold 2 or more records in the same set of records, even on different characters. However, only one record is needed to add onto both the Records by Game Type board and the Records by Ship Type board.

2. For Ship Record Submissions: Both the scoreboard at the end of the match must be seen, AND just one of the following three things: Ship Requisition must be seen in chat, a performance tab of the ship(s) or ship type flown (Overall is not acceptable), or the player earned 0 deaths in a match. If the above criteria is not met, these record(s) will only enter the Game Type Records.

3. Any ties (even in 5th place) will now hold the same slot. Meaning, if two people received 20 kills in one match, and tied for second, they both are considered to be in second (unlike before where the ties went to the current holder of that slot).

4. Enjoy.
Format:
For cases of records on alts, include your main character in parentheses

Name (Main character) - Ship (if you wish) - Guild - Server - Number you want recorded (aka record broken) (Include link with record)
Example: Mahoney - SGS-45 Quarrel - Invictus - T3-M4 - 175,312 damage [link]

Do NOT include multiple records on the same line.

Example of what NOT to do:
Mahoney - SGS-45 Quarrel - Invictus - T3-M4 - 175,312 damage, 15 Solo Kills [link]

Correct example:
Mahoney - SGS-45 Quarrel - Invictus - T3-M4 - 175,312 damage [link]
Mahoney - SGS-45 Quarrel - Invictus - T3-M4 - 15 Solo Kills [link]

RECORDS BY GAME TYPE

DEATHMATCH

Spoiler

DOMINATION

Spoiler

MEDALS

List of possible medals
1. Johnnykar - B-4D Legion - Imperial Wolves - The Red Eclipse - 21 medals
2. Da'one - B-4D Legion - Despair - Harbinger - 20 Medals
3. Liegnn - Legion - <Eclipse Squadron> - The Ebon Hawk - 19 Medals
3. Norec - B-5 Decimus - "Les Semi-Croustillants" - Darth Nihilus - 19 Medals
3. Lafaye (Danalon) - Warcarrier - Light and Honor - T3-M4 - 19 Medals
3. Vehementt- B-4D Legion - Holocron - Jedi Covenant - 19 Medals
3. Tyran-sai (Nemarus) - Star Guard - <Nova Squadron> - The Ebon Hawk - 19 medals
4. Ashkanie - IL-5 Ocula - Cyanes Schatten - T3-M4 - 18 Medals
4. Neviditelný - Bloodmark - The Last Praetorians - Harbinger - 18 Medals
4. Nörec - FT-7B Clarion - (None) - Darth Nihilus - 18 Medals
4. Lyara-nelle - Begeren Colony - 18 Medals
4. Kira Carsen - NovaDive - Shadowlands - 18 medals
4. Xi'ao - Legion - Domination - The Shadowlands - 18 medals
4. TøbiasFünke - Quarrel - The Omega Continuum - Jedi Covenant - 18 medals
4. Despon - Mangler - POT5 - 18 Medals
4. Drexxon(Lendul) - Candle in the Dark - Razorwire - The Harbinger - 18 Medals
4. Ramalina(Zhe-Lian) - Warcarrier - <The True Republic> - Jung Ma - 18 medals
http://fractalsponge.net
Xi'ao - The Shadowlands

Fractalsponge
09.17.2014 , 06:31 AM | #2
RECORDS BY SHIP TYPE

STRIKE FIGHTER
Spoiler

SCOUT
Spoiler

GUNSHIP
Spoiler

BOMBER
Spoiler
Xi'ao - The Shadowlands

Fractalsponge
09.17.2014 , 06:33 AM | #3
Reserved.
Xi'ao - The Shadowlands

Fractalsponge
09.17.2014 , 06:34 AM | #4
I'll try to update weekly. Also, I'm not going to want to fix people's record formats, so please follow the guidelines. Otherwise don't be surprised if it doesn't make it on the list
Xi'ao - The Shadowlands

Asbetos
09.17.2014 , 07:00 AM | #5
Nice to see this continued

Just a few mistakes I noticed:
Bomber deathmatch - Kill & Assists - Firedemon in 2nd and 4th (remove 4th), I'm not fat enough to need 2 spaces! :P
Bomber deathmatch - Total damage - closing quote tag after Firedemon record (#5)

Oh, and it would be cool to put back the spoiler tags on categories in the first post.
The Progenitor
Darth Xinthos Skykiller <Retaliation>
Captain Zyka Skykiller <Sons of Anarchy>

tommmsunb
09.17.2014 , 08:11 AM | #6
You put one of my domination records under scout deathmatch bruv. The 190.18 DPS is dom. Just erase it I overrided it with the 208. For reference I don't really post unless it beats the current record by 20 or more. When I posted that one the current record for dom was 165 or 170 or something weird.
twitch.tv/tomeateejedota
Xi'ao'prime - Ebon Hawk / Bastion, Tomoya - Jung Ma
Otoshimono - Shadowlands/Progenitor formerly known as: Tomeateeje/Yuuko-San/Rumina/Friendlygurl/Tensai-Hikoushi/Taisetsuna/Yorimoyoi

Fractalsponge
09.17.2014 , 09:53 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Asbetos View Post
Nice to see this continued

Just a few mistakes I noticed:
Bomber deathmatch - Kill & Assists - Firedemon in 2nd and 4th (remove 4th), I'm not fat enough to need 2 spaces! :P
Bomber deathmatch - Total damage - closing quote tag after Firedemon record (#5)

Oh, and it would be cool to put back the spoiler tags on categories in the first post.
Quote tag fixed. You think the spoilers tag helped? I was always annoyed at having to click for the cross-ship records.

Quote: Originally Posted by tommmsunb View Post
You put one of my domination records under scout deathmatch bruv. The 190.18 DPS is dom. Just erase it I overrided it with the 208. For reference I don't really post unless it beats the current record by 20 or more. When I posted that one the current record for dom was 165 or 170 or something weird.
Legacy error - I blame Camel . I removed that record from TDM, and I am way too lazy to sift through the thread to find the last #5 spot for scout TDM dps. Open slot until someone fills it .
Xi'ao - The Shadowlands

Nemarus
09.17.2014 , 10:41 AM | #8
Thanks for doing this FS.

I have one request, which I'm interested to see what other people think of...

Can we change the TDM End-by-timer or loss K+A to be ranked by straight K+A instead of percentage of your team's score? I feel like the records up there were formed by some really contrived circumstances and are pretty unassailable without even more contrived circumstances.

The other TDM records favor you being on a terrible team against a moderately good team ... but you still need to earn a large number of K+A to place.

But the TDM-by-time K+A record basically favors you being on an even more contrived scenario: being on a terrible team against a very good team--and you don't even need to do well personally, you just need to do well against the rest of your crappy team (see the current #1 and #2 records). In any other record, 14 K+A is nothing to post about. Yet here they are immortalized.

Alternatively... if you really want to keep the percentage, make it ranked by your K+A as percentage of BOTH team's scores added together. That way your personal performance has to be good against everyone.
Shayd / Callem / RK-4X / "Trynt" - Leader of <Eclipse Squadron>, The Ebon Hawk
http://EclipseSquadron.enjin.com Imperial GSF-focused guild

"Serve the Emperor above all others."

Fractalsponge
09.17.2014 , 11:54 AM | #9
I have no problem with ranking by K+A. Any objections?
Xi'ao - The Shadowlands

caederon
09.17.2014 , 12:24 PM | #10
Thanks for carrying the torch onward Xi'ao!
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemarus View Post
I feel like the records up there were formed by some really contrived circumstances and are pretty unassailable without even more contrived circumstances.
I think it could be successfully argued that most of these records required pretty contrived circumstances, and occur most readily under conditions where a lot of terrible or completely inexperienced pilots are stocking both sides. Individual statistics are muted when well-stocked teams of equal skill levels are pitted against each other.

I've been a participant in the record-chase for a while now, mainly because I never thought I'd be competitive with the top guns in any PvP game, and wanted to see if I could be. Also, given the lack of any in-game goals to achieve in GSF, it provides some incentive to keep playing. Honestly, though, I feel like the collection of records we've posted is a smoking gun if you're looking for evidence that GSF is in an unhealthy state.

The people posting on this board seem to have a strong sentiment (unsurprisingly) favoring more dev resources being put into GSF, whether in the form of better balance or new components, maps and ships. That stuff is only likely to be delivered if there is a strong, sustained surge in GSF's popularity. New players are like chum thrown to the sharks, our records attest to that. I don't have stats to back me up, but I'm confident in guessing that the majority of new players will not bang their head against the brick wall until it breaks, like we did, to get skilled enough to consistently compete. Bioware isn't going to dump resources into further developing a (mini)game that doesn't have broad appeal, and only serves the hardest of the hardcore.

I should probably have a strong 'call to action' to finish this off, but... I don't, really. I do have mixed emotions on the subject of my own further pursuit of records, and the value of any of the best pilots gunning for them, because to achieve them, we have to hope for imbalanced scenarios where we can maximize our individual performance and heap pain on people who really have no hope of fighting back.

In an ideal game, by my standards, we'd have skill brackets or tiered leagues to compete in so people could always fly against opponents they had a chance to defeat. Our records would be more meaningful if they weren't essentially a competition to see who lucked into the right circumstances to post a crazy number. I'm not diminishing any of the accomplishments of those in the thread, since it's always interesting to see the extremes of any sport's best performances. There's a reason, though, that the Dodgers don't play baseball against the Hoboken Youth Association Division III Little League Team, and that we would weigh the merit of a score in such a game differently than if they were playing a big-league opponent.

Drakolich's Stock Night is the closest thing I've seen to a level playing field in GSF. It would be interesting to track records in a format like that over the course of enough games that we had a good representative set of stats. Maybe we could all think a bit about how to improve the game we all enjoy enough to post here?

(oh, and if you want to change the format, I wont object, even if it kicks my record off the top.)

- Despon