Unlocking vehicle decorations

DimmuJanKaarl

So I have a lot of vehicles, and I've noticed that, while most or all are listed among possible decorations, only a handful of them are actually unlocked. Many of them show the red "0/0" (indicating it has not been unlocked as a decoration).

How do I unlock the vehicles as decorations? I've tried mounting all of them and that didn't seem to make a difference. It's as though they aren't really unlockable decorations, and are listed by mistake or something...

EDIT: To further complicate things, the numbers don't seem to match up with other "locked" decos. For example, I have not unlocked Alien Contagion Fiber decoration, and it correctly shows "0/0" next to it, and hovering over the decoration, the tooltip shows "You own 0/50" which corroborates the fact that I've not unlocked it. However, with any of the "locked" vehicles that I own that seem to be working correctly, for example the Aratech Nightscythe, it shows "0/1" in the listing, and the tooltip shows "you own 1/1", which corroborates both owning the decoration (and the vehicle) and the fact that I have placed it in one of my SH's; still others that are working show "1/1" indicating I own it and have not placed it. However, many of the vehicles show "0/0" and "you own 0/1"; one example is the Adno Firewasp: I see it in my list of vehicles in the abilities menu, I can mount it; but it remains locked in the decorations list.

Edited by DimmuJanKaarl

I've noticed they work only for the character you use them on. And only once. Have you tried to set them up in more than one stronghold?

Not sure what you mean. I'm simply looking at the decorations list that I get when I hit "U" then the "Player" button. However, travelling to any of the SH's doesnt seem to matter.

EDIT: Ok an interesting development. If I filter for "show unlocked", my vehicles are showing up correctly, meaning each vehicle I own shows as unlocked and either available to place or consumed due to placement (i.e., qty = 1/1 or 0/1). Simply removing the filter (selecting "show all") reverts many vehicles to a "locked" appearance. It seems to be random but it does it to most of my vehicles.

Edited by DimmuJanKaarl

Only the character that owns the vehicle can place it.

You can put the same vehicle in multiple strongholds, but only once in each.

That part I get. As I said in the OP, I was referring to vehicles that are in my current character's list of vehicles, as determined by what is shown in the abilities > vehicles menu. Regardless, this seems to be a bug with the display of decorations as the "locked" state changes based on whether I'm filtering.