Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dense populated room = lag

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Dense populated room = lag

12.23.2011 , 05:28 PM | #1
Ok just curious I only lag in closed in areas densely populated by objects such as Hutta Cantina or Korriban mission locals with 10+ enemy objects packed in a small room with a large tablet I am too collect. I am using the default Radeon HD 4200 vid card my tower came with and have a cpu speed of 3.0ghz everything passes the minimum specs. Would investing in a better vid card fix this or could it be something else? other then that I play perfectly fine and it's not a game breaking issue only frustrating to be getting mauled to death with no near by target until I die and it FLASH zooms across the map to my dead body XD. Im not very tech savvy so if I need to post my specs please tell me how I usually dont play PC games this is the first major one I ever truly played. I'm a console brat.

12.23.2011 , 05:32 PM | #2
Your video card's chip set is 5 years old and doesn't support DirectX 11. A new card will help. It is a choke point for what you are experiencing. The HD4200 is perfect for displaying HD video and Blu-Rays. It is not designed or capable of running any reasonably modern games at all - you'd have to go back to 2004 to find games you can run at decent settings.

Look for something like this but make sure your power supply can handle it.

12.24.2011 , 12:03 PM | #3
Question. I got an HP laptop two years ago and I too lag in highly populated areas/closed in areas. Is my computer up to date enough to run this?