Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game won't load past launcher

KeiraSakura
12.23.2011 , 05:23 PM | #1
So I've downloaded the game and all the patches, i click play, it goes to a loading screen then disappears. Is this an issue with my firewall or what? Anybody else having this issue?

Kenadie
12.23.2011 , 05:27 PM | #2
Mine is doing the same thing. After some investigating, my desktop is not up to par. Upgraded my RAM, now to find a graphics card that will be compatible with my MB and Vista.
Good luck with your search!

KeiraSakura
12.23.2011 , 05:30 PM | #3
Did yours play the intro movie alright before updating things? I had just recently updated my graphics card so i'm hoping i dont have to do again X.X

Kenadie
12.23.2011 , 05:33 PM | #4
Nope mine is getting hung up right at the movie. I guess, anyways. Was just a black screen, now im seeing the game logo splash screen, like its loading then something like a map of a room or something. Still searching for video cards.... grrr!

KeiraSakura
12.23.2011 , 05:35 PM | #5
mine loaded the movie fine then went to a load screen the flashes to the desk top. so i'm not sure if its my firewall or what

ComponentFault
12.23.2011 , 06:42 PM | #6
This was my problem exactly - it played the intro movie, then dropped to desktop. Every time I launched after, it would dump to desktop right after clicking 'play' (which I assume is because I have now seen the intro movie so it isn't playing anymore).

I'm doing a complete reinstall of everything, including the game, DirectX, and all my drivers. With some luck, that will fix the problem.

The frustrating thing is that the game worked flawlessly for me in beta... it seems hard to believe that a build from early November is more stable on my computer than retail.

If this fixes the problem, I'll write back here.

MasterDecos
12.23.2011 , 06:57 PM | #7
I'm having a similar issue with the launcher. I click play and the screen flashes black then returns me to the desktop. Can somebody help explain why this is happening?

Paralassa
12.23.2011 , 07:18 PM | #8
Hi there!

We're very sorry you're having this issue. Our Customer Service droids have some helpful posts regarding this issue that you may want to check out:

Client crash after pressing ‘Play’ in the launcher

If you are still encountering this issue after checking all of the above, please contact Customer Support, by either replying to this post or sending an e-mail to support@swtor.com. Please include a DXDiag of your system, your most recent client logs and a description of the exact error encountered (if any).

ComponentFault
12.23.2011 , 08:24 PM | #9
Just by way of an update, the above advice helped.

For me, my drivers were not the problem... I installed from the packaged media (ie. not the download), and one of the suggestions in the link above said to try to download the online loader and run it overtop of the retail install (took all of about 10 seconds). Worked liked a dream, and I'm in.

Hope that helps someone else, and thanks for the tip, Support Droids!

KeiraSakura
12.23.2011 , 09:18 PM | #10
I'm reinstalling the game completely, hoping this helps @.@