Revan what gives?

Kantaso

I have a Sith character that is a Revanite or follower of Revan. Even has the title to prove it.

Then on my Jedi sight my Scoundrel killed Revan, then on my Jedi Trooper I rescued Revan from the Maelstrom prison where he is a Jedi/Sith that is working now for us the Republicand now I am reading that Revan is dead,

so what gives?

Revan was a Jedi who became a Sith who returned to being a Jedi and ended up challenging the Emperor 300 years before the game's timeframe. He failed to defeat the Emperor and became a prisoner for the next 300 years.

The Republic found him and rescued him. He left and seized control of a massive factory fortress named the Foundry and planned to use it to kill most of the Empire's population. He was defeated by an Imperial force and thought to be killed.

Instead, he turned up above Rakata Prime looking decidedly raggedy and torn up and sounding different. He's decided that he likes his Cult now instead of rejecting them and looks to be planning to try to commit some more genocide. Oh, and he's acting much like a Sith again.

tl;dr: "The Foundry was merely a setback!"

I dont want to spoil stuff for people, so here it goes,

when you play the Sith side you can become a Revanite if you follow the path. On the republic side you get a quest that is called the Jedi Prisoner where you rescue a guy call Revan who was a prisoner of the Emperor, when you talk to him he is Jedi and Sith at the same time, then he starts working for the Republic and now I read some post here about Revan been killed. Also in my Scoundrel questline I get to a mission where I end kiling someone called Revan who is more gas than substance. I am really confused.

Revan was a Jedi who became a Sith who returned to being a Jedi and ended up challenging the Emperor 300 years before the game's timeframe. He failed to defeat the Emperor and became a prisoner for the next 300 years.

The Republic found him and rescued him. He left and seized control of a massive factory fortress named the Foundry and planned to use it to kill most of the Empire's population. He was defeated by an Imperial force and thought to be killed.

Instead, he turned up above Rakata Prime looking decidedly raggedy and torn up and sounding different. He's decided that he likes his Cult now instead of rejecting them and looks to be planning to try to commit some more genocide. Oh, and he's acting much like a Sith again.

tl;dr: "The Foundry was merely a setback!"

Thank you Sir, that explains to me, although it is kind of convoluted. :D

Thank you Sir, that explains to me, although it is kind of convoluted. :D

Which is why a lot of people are annoyed that the big bad villain is Revan. Let this character die already. BW has no creativity at all. It was cool to see rakata prime and manaan (disappointed that its just a platform for the FP entrance but whatever) again linking everything back to Revan is boring. Linking everything back to Rakata is boring.....Just in general the entire plot has been a lazy reuse of kotor 1 material.

He was defeated by an Imperial force and thought to be killed.

Thing is, most of the times i've run Foundry he just gets to a certain percentage and then just goes "poof" into thin air (much like Tait appearing out of nowhere and disappearing off again.... coincidence?).

However since being 55, he just dies, no explosion, just DEAD. Bah. :D

Edited by Transcendent

Thing is, most of the times i've run Foundry he just gets to a certain percentage and then just goes "poof" into thin air (much like Tait appearing out of nowhere and disappearing off again.... coincidence?).

However since being 55, he just dies, no explosion, just DEAD. Bah. :D

Tait is Revan! Revan is Tait! OMG! TAIT IS REVAN! *Suffers a Jim Carrey moment!*

Linking everything back to Rakata is boring.....Just in general the entire plot has been a lazy reuse of kotor 1 material.

It is not boring at all. You only consider it boring.

Fact is, a lot of players wanted a stronger connection between Swtor and KotOR I and BW delivered!

I have a Sith character that is a Revanite or follower of Revan.

Those Revanites are a mere shadow of the ones in the current storyline. Empire players can bring the fact that they met/joined them in the current storyline.

Then on my Jedi sight my Scoundrel killed Revan,

This is what Essence_of_Light was saying doesn't make any sense, and it doesn't.

then on my Jedi Trooper

Your Jedi Trooper? Another thing that doesn't make sense.

I rescued Revan from the Maelstrom prison where he is a Jedi/Sith that is working now for us the Republicand now I am reading that Revan is dead.

The Republic players have a mission where they rescue Revan. The Empire players have a mission that takes place afterwards where they defeat Revan.

Edited by Darth-Obvious

Fact is, a lot of players wanted a stronger connection between Swtor and KotOR I and BW delivered!

Yep, and those people are boring and want nothing new. These same people probably hate that this game is an MMO. As awesome as a kotor 3 would be, this is swtor, hundreds of years after koto 1. Let it go. BW needs to be more creative and create new characters. Hell I'm still annoyed at how Malgus was handled. You saw him everywhere pre launch and his presence in the game was....minimal. This new story arc was a great way to bring in some new lore but instead they fall back to a character that needs to just die already.

Its boring and lazy.

Those Revanites are a mere shadow of the ones in the current storyline. Empire players can bring the fact that they met/joined them in the current storyline.

This is what Essence_of_Light was saying doesn't make any sense, and it doesn't.

Your Jedi Trooper? Another thing that doesn't make sense.

The Republic players have a mission where they rescue Revan. The Empire players have a mission that takes place afterwards where they defeat Revan.

I think when he says Jedi he means republic.

Reven never "works" with the repub. All he saids is thank you for saving me now I have some asses to kick and walks off screen, never says he dies or anything. Then in the new FP if you address him and question him about his actions since you saved him he gives a vague reason why he is doing this.

As another player pointed it the storyline lines up perfectly. Only thing is if you read Reven the noval, none of this makes sense. The way the character is written and protrayed. He doesn't or shouldn't come back to the galaxy to destroy it AFTER he understands his past and gets beat by the sith. It should serve as the backbone for him to work against the empire but not with the jedi because they have rejected him.

Edited by Stridentzephon

I disagree. What they did was use Revan as a cash cow. I is not about writing a good story but about getting people to play just to find out what happened to their old character. What they delivered was a mary sue character.

I think when he says Jedi he means republic.

Yeah I get that in terms of Jedi Trooper (or a Light Side Trooper) but this part...

Then on my Jedi sight my Scoundrel killed Revan,

...still doesn't make a lick of sense even if you substitute Jedi with Republic or Light Side.

At first I thought he was trying to say "Jedi Sent" as in Sentinel, but that doesn't make any sense as it would imply his Jedi Knight and Smuggler crossed paths at some point.

That's what was so baffling about that first post.

I disagree. What they did was use Revan as a cash cow. I is not about writing a good story but about getting people to play just to find out what happened to their old character. What they delivered was a mary sue character.

Revan was never used as a selling point for SWTOR though. They never advertised "find out what happened to Revan." Many players didn't even know he was in the game as he was only a part of Flashpoints, which a lot of people don't/didn't play.

Whenever I would run The Foundry people were always surprised to see Revan or they were only playing the Foundry because they found out from Gen Chat or whatever that he was there.

Yeah I get that in terms of Jedi Trooper (or a Light Side Trooper) but this part...

...still doesn't make a lick of sense even if you substitute Jedi with Republic or Light Side.

At first I thought he was trying to say "Jedi Sent" as in Sentinel, but that doesn't make any sense as it would imply his Jedi Knight and Smuggler crossed paths at some point.

That's what was so baffling about that first post.

That's because you do not think in terms of a foreign language acquisition and thus do not see the obvious, ie. phonetic, transposition: sight = side, that is to say, on his Republic side... This is no excuse for his butchery, nor a rebuke your way, just saying.:cool:

That's because you do not think in terms of a foreign language acquisition and thus do not see the obvious, ie. phonetic, transposition: sight = side, that is to say, on his Republic side... This is no excuse for his butchery, nor a rebuke your way, just saying.:cool:

Thank you. I understand it now. It bugged me because I really wanted to know what it was he was trying to say there.

Yep, and those people are boring and want nothing new. These same people probably hate that this game is an MMO. As awesome as a kotor 3 would be, this is swtor, hundreds of years after koto 1. Let it go. BW needs to be more creative and create new characters. Hell I'm still annoyed at how Malgus was handled. You saw him everywhere pre launch and his presence in the game was....minimal. This new story arc was a great way to bring in some new lore but instead they fall back to a character that needs to just die already.

Its boring and lazy.

Let me explain as I did to my 5 year old. Yours is not the be all and end all view of the universe. Other people see things and feel differently about things and it does not mean they are "boring and lazy". Many players are happy to see his return and return to Rakataa prime and I am sure the devs feel bad for it all not meeting your lofty and exalted standards.

Have your mommy pack you a PB&J for second grade class tomorrow and off to bed with you.

Let me explain as I did to my 5 year old. Yours is not the be all and end all view of the universe. Other people see things and feel differently about things and it does not mean they are "boring and lazy". Many players are happy to see his return and return to Rakataa prime and I am sure the devs feel bad for it all not meeting your lofty and exalted standards.

Have your mommy pack you a PB&J for second grade class tomorrow and off to bed with you.

Ya its called having low standards. You should try raising it a bit and expect more for a AAA company.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this probably isn't the real Revan.

He is either:

A.) a clone

B.) revanites found his body somehow and transfered one of their conscience to it

or

C.) Revan did actually die, he then became a force ghost, contacted a Revanite to find his body and infuse it with a piece of the star forge then somehow melded his conscience back into the body.

But yeah, I found Malgus much more interesting than Revan.