Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

10 unit max X Y axis movement is insane. Huge Fail!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
10 unit max X Y axis movement is insane. Huge Fail!

discbox
09.15.2014 , 03:34 AM | #11
I don't believe BioWare will give us ever 100 or even 25.

But 15 (or 20) would not change too much (and not make SWTOR crash because of that change) and help me to buld a nicer Stronghold.

-Damask-
09.18.2014 , 09:48 PM | #12
Jesus now I cant even use my Droid engineer's workbench because of this retarded restriction and the fact that you can only put it in a floor large hook and it cant even move far enough to be flush against the wall. Its hanging out in the middle of the room and it looks like crap.

BIOWARE. FIX THIS. PLEASE!

-Damask-
09.19.2014 , 06:41 PM | #13
Nobody can tell me that there is any good reason why these 4 speeders cant be lined up in a row side by side- that that would somehow break the game or cause terrible lag!

http://i.imgur.com/7XfADt1.jpg

Hell I cant even center them in the landing because of these silly hooks and the insane lack of adjustment they've given us! Really, ffs, it would take them 5 min to fix! Somewhere in the game code there's two variables called: xadjmax and yadjmax, or something similar. All they have to do is go in there, change them from 10 to 100 and they are done! Hit compile... Takes less than 10 seconds! Everyone's happy!

OddballEasyEight
09.20.2014 , 04:10 AM | #14
I think you forgot "slap in the face", "this is an outrage" and "I will unsub" in your little rant of hyperbole.

Yes, 10 units max XY movement leaves a bit to desire. But it's hardly the huge fail you paint it out to be.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Vinak
09.20.2014 , 05:03 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by -Damask- View Post
Nobody can tell me that there is any good reason why these 4 speeders cant be lined up in a row side by side- that that would somehow break the game or cause terrible lag!

http://i.imgur.com/7XfADt1.jpg

Hell I cant even center them in the landing because of these silly hooks and the insane lack of adjustment they've given us! Really, ffs, it would take them 5 min to fix! Somewhere in the game code there's two variables called: xadjmax and yadjmax, or something similar. All they have to do is go in there, change them from 10 to 100 and they are done! Hit compile... Takes less than 10 seconds! Everyone's happy!
Yeah. It's bad enough we are stuck with a hook system. The fact the hooks are so poorly implemented only adds insult to injury.

Lots of empty space on the floors with no hook points. Items locked to specific types of hooks. Very limited movement range. Very limited hook layout options.

Plus some similar looking items have different hook requirements.

The corellian stardrive series of speeders as well as the Irakie series have different hook point requirements for example.

All of this could be solved by getting rid of the hooks altogether.
(it really is needed)
>████TootsieRollŪ████<
MXX ______.________CCCLXVII

-Damask-
09.21.2014 , 12:43 AM | #16
We all know nobody is going to unsub. Despite wildstar having 1000x better housing the rest of the game kinda sucks. Why they didn't just steal their setup I have no idea. However the Star Wars name and the time I've already invested will probably keep me here for a while. Also I would like to get up to a billion credits before I quit.

What I'm not going to do however is bother to even attempt to decorate my other 3 SHs until they let me put stuff where I want to. So I'm just going to sit here and NOT spend any cartel coins on any more decorations. If bioware wants that to change its all in their hands. Very simple solution.