Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rare items need to give more prestige!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Rare items need to give more prestige!

dscount
09.20.2014 , 10:51 AM | #21
Agree!

Things like NIM accomplishments should be worth more than 100 points like a basic metal chair is the first time.
Things like Elite Warlord should also be worth some prestige as well.
Rare Drops should also be worth more points the first time.

Crap that should NOT be worth more? Anything CM purchased. Lets face it folks the golden rule applies. He will the most gold will make the rules and in this case the highest prestige as well. (More items purchased, more new +100 unlocks)
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

Icestar
09.20.2014 , 04:10 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by dscount View Post
Things like NIM accomplishments should be worth more than 100 points
Actually I would like them to remove the points from accomplishments like SM, HM and NiM. Then we will perhaps not see alot of strongholds with tons of points filled with only trophies.

I prefer that they give points to stuff that actually look good, may it be from the cartel market or obtained in a FP/OPS

Theeko
09.20.2014 , 05:03 PM | #23
I like the fact the trophies give +100 as well, but I really don't like people using the same one 10 times in one house just to fill it up to the prestige, I think there should be a limit of 2 of each trophy per house, but no more than that. Some have more money than others so they get prestige from buying stuff, others get it from trophies raiding etc, but some do both so they'll be the top end, I don't really mind about that I just mind if they put forth the effort to decorate decently and if not don't bother listing the house on the public view, you don't need to List your house to get the Benefit of the Conquest bonus.

Icestar
09.21.2014 , 04:37 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Theeko View Post
you don't need to List your house to get the Benefit of the Conquest bonus.
Perhaps this is the reason some list their crap strongholds, it might be a missunderstanding how conquest bonus works.

JonnyRay
09.22.2014 , 10:50 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Terro_Fett View Post
They don't really need to give the "rare" items more value, they fulfill their purpose as-is already. Rare items still create a gap between those who have them and those who don't. If two people are focusing on building up their prestige, then both people should already have all the common items unlocked anyways. This leaves only the rare items left, and whoever has the most rare items will have the higher prestige.

Saying "this guy's common table is worth as much as my grand emperor's statue" is pointless because if that table is so common then you should have it unlocked as well anyways. But if he doesn't have your statue, then you should have a lead on him unless they have a rare item you don't have to cancel it out.
Ya know, I was on the bandwagon with the "Rare items should be worth more!" until I read this.

I hadn't considered that if you found a rare deco item and unlock it and I don't, then you automatically have more prestige than I do by just using another Basic Chair. Heck, I'd have to use 50 Basic Chairs to match what you did with that one item.

DawnAskham
09.22.2014 , 11:10 AM | #26
Any systemic ranking assigning points values to items can and will be gamed, and won't address the underlying issue of trying to find well decorated strongholds, which is highly subjective.

Anyone advocating some new systemic points system is probably just wanting the system tweaked to their advantage for some silly notion that having a higher number of points on a list somewhere means they 'won'.

You could change the system so NiM achievement posters are worth more along with 'super rare' CM items, and we'd still be faced with ugly as hell strongholds filled with bunches of Karagga posters and giant sand crawlers everywhere.

What we need, either within the game or maybe even just through sites like tor-decoration, are ways to highlight well designed nicely decorated strongholds through some sort of voting / +1 / like system.

Icestar
09.22.2014 , 06:04 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
What we need, either within the game or maybe even just through sites like tor-decoration, are ways to highlight well designed nicely decorated strongholds through some sort of voting / +1 / like system.
Yep, that is something I have suggested since the launch of strongholds.

Apophis_
09.22.2014 , 09:55 PM | #28
I agree with OP, but I think voting system is not a solution. People in huge guilds or many friends will just ask for votes, and situtation will be the same: beautiful houses are not necessarily going to be on top. I think prestige should be different for different items, also if there are multiples versions of one item in a Stronghold, then prestige from them should be reduced. Also prestige from trophies should be completly removed, since there are already achievement points from defeating bosses.
Thimburd (Guardian Tank) | Drobinka (Balance Sage) | Thimi (Scoundrel Healer)
Soulwaker Legacy in <Hoth Beaches> private guild on ToFN server.
Living Legend, Founder, Wing Commander, Loremaster, Galactic Hero, S-1 All-Star

Icestar
09.23.2014 , 02:51 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Apophis_ View Post
People in huge guilds or many friends will just ask for votes, and situtation will be the same
I donīt think players actually will ask around to get votes for a crappy stronghold.

There is nothing to gain by that except getting a bad reputation

Nuffmeister
09.23.2014 , 04:59 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
I donīt think players actually will ask around to get votes for a crappy stronghold.

There is nothing to gain by that except getting a bad reputation
It would keep them on the front page / top of the list for whatever reason they currently publicly list their SH's full of trophies.