Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rare items need to give more prestige!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Rare items need to give more prestige!

-Damask-
09.11.2014 , 06:05 PM | #1
Ok so am I the only one who notices that some people who are at the top of the list on prestige can have some pretty ugly looking strongholds? They are littered with cheap, ugly, non-color coordinated junk! There needs to be a better way to decide who gets to top the list. For one the more we spend decorating our SH the more prestige we should get. Just like IRL, a Ferrari gets you more prestige than a fleet of Hyundais... No good reason why the ugly doodoo brown generator thing should give the same prestige as the centerpiece emperor statue! C'mon bioware!

Icestar
09.11.2014 , 06:20 PM | #2
The prestige system is borked, that is why some of us are asking for a voting system.

I visited four new strongholds (prestige 80K+) tonight that had new names on them and all were pretty much filled with junk

MaximusRex
09.11.2014 , 06:40 PM | #3
I do get why they just fill them with junk for the bonus, but don't get why they choose to list them which doesn't seem to be required to get the bonus. I am mostly focused on outfitting my Kaas apartment, but the bonus is nice, so I just filled up the other 3 for now, and I left them locked.

Kulyok
09.12.2014 , 01:14 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
I do get why they just fill them with junk for the bonus, but don't get why they choose to list them which doesn't seem to be required to get the bonus. I am mostly focused on outfitting my Kaas apartment, but the bonus is nice, so I just filled up the other 3 for now, and I left them locked.
Same here. I recall a thread here where a poster offered to give extra bonus to people if their stronghold is not public(~1% or about that). I think that would make quite a few of the junkhold owners relist their junkholds as private ones.
Free subscription for 7 days, extra inventory tab and more through Friends of SWTOR program, my link: http://www.swtor.com/r/kvLxZh

Loc_n_lol
09.12.2014 , 01:25 AM | #5
I dont get why all items are worth the same amount of prestige... there are orders of magnitude in price difference between the basic vendor stuff, the crafted / cartel stuff, and the really rare stuff. At the very least, each decoration's prestige should scale based on its size.

AlixMV
09.16.2014 , 05:37 PM | #6
Dictionary.com definition of 'prestige':

Quote:
noun
  1. reputation or influence arising from success, achievement, rank, or other favorable attributes.
  2. distinction or reputation attaching to a person or thing and thus possessing a cachet for others or for the public:
Which basically means: I agree with the OP.

Although I'll qualify this: I want 'rare item' to be something you can only get via drops or at a certain Reputation, not stuff you can simply buy from a vendor with credits or Prefabs or rare items as defined within a Cartel Pack. A complete set of drops from, say, Dread Palace should be worth more than a Basic Bed and two Basic chairs.

Even if the system could be gamed for people who are ludicrously wealthy and buy the decorations off the GTN, it's still indicative of a person who has put a lot of time and effort into the game to accrue that much wealth. Plus those rare items would become even more expensive, making the items all the more precious when accrued from the drops.
~ < Fortitude > ~ Jedi Covenant ~
Referral link
Sollyni ~ Annifryd
Ni'rys'hyl ~ Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee

Theeko
09.16.2014 , 06:34 PM | #7
I have all 4 houses on Shadowlands (Fel something for each) about 110k Prestige now and all mostly decorated as best I can if you ever wanted to see

I also think the ones that actually take decorating seriously and do good jobs should earn bonus prestige as well too imo. I know some have more creds than others but for those that are really trying not goofing off like the 50 metal chairs, 50 beds, etc all laid next to each just for prestige and listed should earn more prestige than them.

Canderis
09.16.2014 , 08:33 PM | #8
What makes me upset too is my Dromund Kaas one is decorated for the bonus, but has a higher prestige than my tatooine one that I have invested hours and millions into.

Theeko
09.16.2014 , 08:54 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Canderis View Post
What makes me upset too is my Dromund Kaas one is decorated for the bonus, but has a higher prestige than my tatooine one that I have invested hours and millions into.
Prestige is just based on personal, you just haven't completed tat yet with 100%, once you do they'll all be the same at 100%

Pietrastor
09.16.2014 , 09:18 PM | #10
Voting system is the way to go, or some formula that takes prestige/votes both into account. No system will be perfect and of course votes will be exploited as well, but the current system is complete nonsense. 100% 100k+ prestige Strongholds sitting at the top of public listing that are not so much as badly designed as not designed at all, simply stuff thrown in with half rooms empty to bump bonuses etc.