Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Good" Accuracy

TrinityLyre
09.08.2014 , 04:07 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by nyghtrunner View Post
In judging the responses, you guys aren't noticing anything BioW has done, which leads me to believe that I'm just getting better now that I'm back to flying pretty much daily.
Practice makes perfect, and all that jazz. It's true, and kudos for the obvious skill improvement!

I'm definitely not looking at it as the end all, be all statistic, I was just curious to see what some of your thoughts on the matter were.
Yep - I was just throwing out some of my own thoughts. I think accuracy is still an important statistic (much more so than most of the garbage on the score screen) but there's other things to look at as well. My question wasn't directed at you, it was rhetorical.
Anastasie / Phytia The Bastion
Respected and Despised & Insert Guild Name Here
Check out my Galactic Starfighter Compendium and contribute!

nyghtrunner
09.08.2014 , 04:53 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TrinityLyre View Post
Yep - I was just throwing out some of my own thoughts. I think accuracy is still an important statistic (much more so than most of the garbage on the score screen) but there's other things to look at as well. My question wasn't directed at you, it was rhetorical.
NO! NOOOOO! Damage done! I hate you forever!

But to be serious, I didn't think it was directed at me, and I definitely didn't take offense. My note was actually more in agreement with your thoughts than anything else.
Master, I marked the best escape pod for your use. I of course, will go down with the ship.
Graendahl / Semírhage : Hawkë / Mierín

FBPL
09.08.2014 , 05:03 PM | #13
Rapids with Frequncy upgrade. Even I can't miss with that rate of fire, though my 'spray and pray' technique does leave accuracy levels at around 25-30%...
Don't talk to me about heroes...

Janka - Gunslinger - Red Eclipse

Ramalina
09.08.2014 , 05:51 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemarus View Post
This aligns pretty close with my "good" performances, if you swap out MLC's or Quads for LLC's.

Though I can still put out record MLC + Pod DPS even when I don't break 40% accuracy.

Yes, high accuracy is a decent measure of skill, but at the end of the day, damage wins battles, not accuracy. The only cost of missing a shot is lost weapon energy/ammo, or potentially warning an unaware enemy of your presence.

If you're already shooting at someone, and if weapon energy/ammo isn't a concern (which in most cases it isn't), then there's really no reason to not take a "risky" shot that is likely to miss but also might hit. The shot not taken never hits. The shot taken might.

I tend to shoot rather liberally with lasers, but more conservatively with rockets.

I'll second Nemarus' opinion. Depending on the situation I might be quite happy to take shots that only have a 10% chance of hitting and consider that more than adequately accurate. Usually when I'm shooting something that has shield piercing at an almost dead target, or perhaps a quick shot at a ship that I don't have targeted, or am boosting past on my way to the other side of the map.

If you're mostly taking good shots though, it's nice to be able to get between 40 and 60 percent on a scout, strike, or bomber.

Accuracy sort of divides into two parts in GSF;

Can you hit the target you want to hit when you want to hit it?
Are you converting weapons energy pool into damage efficiently enough to not constantly have to stop attacking because you ran out of energy?

If the answer to both of those questions is yes, your accuracy is good. If not, you should practice improving it.
"A padawan's master sets their Jedi trial, Rajivari set mine."
- Zhe Lian, Sage.

Twitch

MaximilianPower
09.08.2014 , 06:26 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryuku-sama View Post
50-60 on a railgun
Agree with your other numbers, but not this. 50-60 on a railgun is downright terrible. If you're hitting 50% on a railgun for whatever reason, you should probably be flying something other than a GS.

Quote: Originally Posted by TrinityLyre View Post
75+ for railgun. Any less is not even worth the glance. The question is what is "good" accuracy, not substandard or par for the course.
Agree on this, anything less than 75% is not what I'd describe as "good". Personally I'm disappointed if I hit below 80%, but RNG is RNG, and sometimes it happens...I'll end up below 70% despite apparently lining up every shot perfectly. On the flip side, >90% isn't that unusual either. I've even had a couple of 100% accuracy matches, but those are few and far between, and usually extenuating circumstances are involved (i.e. joined a match already in progress, spent most of the match defending a sat and thus took an abnormally low amount of shots, etc.).

Zuckerkorn Zuckernaut Spiderzuck Tensorcide Zuck-srw'i
Maximilian Power TøbiasFünke Tryhard Neckbeard MaxPower-srw
Star Forge / Satele Shan / Darth Malgus

Self-Inflicted / Shadowlands Reconnaisance Wing / Retrocide / Imperial Entanglements

Ryuku-sama
09.08.2014 , 06:57 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximilianPower View Post
Agree with your other numbers, but not this. 50-60 on a railgun is downright terrible. If you're hitting 50% on a railgun for whatever reason, you should probably be flying something other than a GS.
HEY!!! I'm no GS pilot. I'm a scout pilot. Used to LLC and HLC. Between if you have any tip to get me a better shot on my Sheeps.. feel free
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015

tommmsunb
09.08.2014 , 07:01 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryuku-sama View Post
40 on a LLC + pods
45 on a BLC + Cluster
55 with HLC
50-60 on a railgun
I would disagree. I think good with BLC is 60%+
Quads/LLC/HLC is 50%+
and railgun is hard to say.
twitch.tv/tomeateejedota
Xi'ao'prime - Ebon Hawk / Bastion, Tomoya - Jung Ma
Otoshimono - Shadowlands/Progenitor formerly known as: Tomeateeje/Yuuko-San/Rumina/Friendlygurl/Tensai-Hikoushi/Taisetsuna/Yorimoyoi

Ryuku-sama
09.08.2014 , 07:11 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by tommmsunb View Post
I would disagree. I think good with BLC is 60%+
Quads/LLC/HLC is 50%+
and railgun is hard to say.
Arrête d'essayer de me faire chier juste pour que j'accepte que tu sois ma ***** :P
Stop trying to piss me off just so I take you as my ***** :P
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015

Kuciwalker
09.08.2014 , 07:31 PM | #19
To the vets out there, what do you consider a good accuracy on a match? I've read some of you say that accuracy is one of the true measures of someone's bonafides, and so I'm just wondering what kind of numbers you're thinking of when you say that.

Obviously, weapon choice (BLCs v RFLs v LLCs, etc) is a huge factor in the end %, as well as ship, but I was curious to hear what some of you thought. I'm most interested in Scouts, because that's what I love to fly, but am curious about all ship/weapon types.
On a GS you should be north of 70, and should try to hit 80. On a scout you should be north of 50.

IMO on a GS if you are far north of 80 then you probably aren't taking enough marginal shots.

RatPoison
09.09.2014 , 08:18 AM | #20
I don't know about the gunship talk of being north of 70%. I know that I take advantage of barrel roll and burst lasers often enough to recognize that there is rarely a match where I use a railgun exclusively. With that said though, here are some stats:

As an average I am likely between 65-70% in most matches where I use a gunship. (Rails + BLC)

My T2 scouts will often have a very similar accuracy stat per match, usually around 65%.

For laser cannons, rapid fire lasers, and light lasers, I tend to see my percentages around 45-50%.

With quad cannons, I'm usually around 50-55%, with heavy lasers around 65-75% (though I'm usually using a bomber and thus not firing a lot).

While these are averages and ranges, there are statistical outliers where I have far exceeded these numbers, but by contrast I haven't had a match with less than 40% accuracy regardless of the weapon since I got over the learning curve at launch. To that end, I would think that if a pilot is 40% and above, that they're doing well enough with only exception to BLC and railgun load outs. I would seek something higher with those.
Saevius : Marauder
- T o r v a N e x -
Referral Link for Free Stuff
7 Days Subscription for Previous Subscribers